Step 13: Fight For Love

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you mean by that?" Ji Hyo was trying to comprehend the message from Jong Kook while figuring out his body language. It seems like he had a high hope on her, wishing that she would consider his feeling as a man. While waiting for Jong Kook to fill in the blank, a phone call from Woo Bin broke the silence between them. "Don't answer the phone.. please," Jong Kook couldn't let the woman to be influenced by her fiancé, especially when there's so many things that he wanted to tell her personally. His seriousness made her contemplating to ignore the phone call, knowing that keeping Woo Bin waiting on the line would get her into a long debate with her future husband. "Mianhae oppa," Ji Hyo was about to press on the accept call icon, but she couldn't proceed when Jong Kook held her hand firmly to stop her action.

 

The muscular man was staring deeply into her eyes with a sad face, as if he was trying to say something. Jong Kook's lips were moving, but no word came out from his mouth. Finally the phone stop ringing and replaced by a text message from Woo Bin. Again, Jong Kook acted weirdly when he prevented Ji Hyo from reading the sms. "Oppa, whatever you're trying to do.. nothing will change the fact that Woo Bin is my fiancé. It's true that our marriage wasn't for love.. but for the sake of business relationship between the families. So even if I have feeling for you, I also have an obligation to my parents which I can't decline. Mianhae," Ji Hyo had to remind the man of her complicated situation before he concluded anything against her. "But I don't see why I can't be the one for you! I am the eldest son of the Kim's family.. isn't that a strong reason for us to be together?"

 

Jong Kook's question had triggered a new realization to Ji Hyo. By seniority, the muscular man is the rightful heir to the Kim's wealth - which means her parents shouldn't have objection to accept him as her life partner. However, the fact that Woo Bin was the one being appointed as the CEO of the Kim's Corporation made it harder for her to convince her parents. "I really can't decide now, oppa! Please give me some time to think.. I need to clear up my mind before I can promise you anything," that's the only excuse she could think of at the moment. As much as he wanted her to confirm about their relationship, Jong Kook had to succumb to Ji Hyo's request and give her some space to reflect.

 

Because there's nothing left to say, Jong Kook decided to send Ji Hyo home as the night was getting late. The woman avoided from making any eye contact with him, so he knew that she was feeling guilty for rejecting his first confession. "Ji Hyo aah.. I didn't mean to give you a hard time tonight. But if you are willing to take a chance on us.. you don't have to worry about your parents

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter