Step 3: The Appointment

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo was surprised to see the caller ID on her phone screen. Although she knew who that was, but it's unusual for that person to contact her as they had never talk to one another through mobile before. She looked at Woo Bin with a blank face, and the man seems to be irritated with the loud ringtone. "Aren't you going to answer that?" Woo Bin could no longer tolerate with the 'noise'. Although she was a bit hesitant, but Woo Bin gave her a hard look that forced her to pick up the call. "Yoboseyo.. Oppa? Oppa.. are you there?" she waited for the person to greet her, but there was no respond from the other side.

 

The moment he heard her sweet voice calling him 'oppa', Jong Kook lose his tongue as his heart started beating faster with every second. He didn't expect to hear the word from the beauty queen, because it sounded like a beautiful melody to his ear. "Yo.. Yoboseyo. How do you know that it's me?" he was amazed that Ji Hyo didn't ask for his name. She chuckled before she answered him, "I keep your number.. just in case. Is there anything that I can help you with oppa?". Jong Kook smiled proudly as he couldn't believe that she has his phone number all these while. Before he answered, Jong Kook paused for a second - carefully arranging his words so he doesn't sound suspicious. "Ji Hyo aah.. if Woo Bin is with you, can you find a place where we can chat in private? I don't want him to listen to our conversation.. and it's very important that we keep it between us," Jong Kook voice was a bit trembling.

 

She felt that it was a strange request from him, but she didn't question his intention and just follow his instruction. After she found a spot away from her fiancé, Ji Hyo continued with the talking, "What's wrong oppa? Was it about Woo Bin?". "Not really. I was thinking to 'get to know' my future sister-in-law before the wedding.. since we will become family soon. Do you have time tomorrow?" Jong Kook was anxious to wait for her reply. He could hear her giggling over the phone, "Oh oppa.. if that's the case, I'm more than happy to meet you. But.. why can't we tell Woo Bin about this?". Jong Kook was trapped with his own words. He couldn't tell the truth about his plan with his unlucky brothers, or else she wouldn't accept his invitation. So he decided to ignore her question, "Actually.. I want to invite my friends Gary and Joong Ki as well if you don't mind. Do you still remember them?".

 

"Ah yeah, so you guys are still in contact with each other?" she seems to be happy to hear the names. During the university days, Ji Hyo didn't have the chance to really get to know the three unlucky brothers, but she was fond of their loyalty towards one other. She knew Jong Kook as the leader of the bro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter