Step 20: Admit Your Fault

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With his strong hands, Jong Kook has no problem to carry Ji Hyo back to the camp. To him, she's just as light as a feather - or maybe he didn't feel the weight because he loves her, so it didn't matter. "Oppa.. mianhae," her sweet voice penetrated his ears, melting his heart almost in an instant. Jong Kook wanted to keep on with his act, but it's really hard to remain cold when she's so fragile in his arms. He blamed himself for his defeat, of which only Ji Hyo could have such an impact on him. He lost to her.

 

"Ah ni. It's my fault Ji Hyo aah. I was just.. teasing you," Jong Kook admitted, feeling regret that she got hurt because of what he did. Ji Hyo locked her eyes on the muscular man with a mix of emotions, "Teasing me? You mean.. the thing between you and Eun Hye.. it's not real?". When Jong Kook nodded, she threw another question, "But why? Why would you.."

 

He interjected by saying, "Because I want to know how you feel about me.. whether you see me as a man, not just your future brother-in-law." She sighed, slightly disappointed after knowing that she was fooled by him and her assistant. The one thing that she hates men do to her is lying, but that's what he just did. "You must be proud of yourself.. now that you've got what you've wanted," she mocked him and made Jong Kook felt guilty. Again he apologized to her, but she wasn't responding. He knew that Ji Hyo was upset by his act, so Jong Kook decided to give the lady some space for her to calm her mind.

 

As they reach the campsite, Jong Kook carefully placed Ji Hyo in the tent that Joong Ki and Eun Hye had prepared for her. As she was still angry at Jong Kook and Eun Hye, Ji Hyo demanded for the two of them to leave her tent. "Joong Ki and Gary oppa can help. You two just proceed with whatever you were doing without me," Ji Hyo spoke with a cold tone, so Eun Hye quickly dragged Jong Kook away as she knew that her 'boss' wasn't in a good mood.

 

With a heavy heart, Jong Kook resumed the preparation for lunch with the help from Eun Hye. The lady knew that he was saddened to be pushed away by Ji Hyo, so Eun Hye decided to cheer the man, "Gwaenchana.. she just needs some time to cool off. Let's prepare something good for her to eat. I'm sure Ji Hyo will forgive us." "She must thought that I'm no different to Woo Bin. I screwed up my chance, Eun Hye. Otteoke?" Jong Kook was very worried that he might have lost the game when it just began, so he became less motivated to proceed with the plan that they have agreed earlier.

 

Ji Hyo hissed in pain whenever Joong Ki applied the ointment on her injured area, whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter