Step 28: Defend Your Right

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He parked his car slightly farther from the entrance for some privacy. When Ji Hyo unfastened her seat belt and ready to get off, Woo Bin suddenly grabbed her wrist and made her stared at his face with wider eyes. "What now?" she asked - raising her eyebrows in annoyance. It was an awkward moment when Woo Bin just fixed his stare on Ji Hyo, not allowing her to step out from the car although they have arrived at the location. After she prompted the same question twice, only then he gently released his grip, "Let's talk before we go inside. I know this is something unusual for us.. and honestly I'm not comfortable to do this either, but I'm willing to change if it makes me a better man for you."

 

"What exactly do you want to tell me, Woo Bin? That you're trying to become somebody you're not so I will accept you? Is that it?" Ji Hyo made a wild guess which seemed to hit on the right spot. Woo Bin leaned against the headrest and closed his eyes as he searched for better words to rebut. If previously he would respond in a sarcastic way, this time he wanted to prove that he can be different. He was getting tired to argue with Ji Hyo everytime they were together, and doing that will only grow his distance from her.

 

As Woo Bin hasn't said a word, Ji Hyo switched her focus to the fine dining restaurant building that was just few steps away. She observed men and women going in and out from that place - of which most of them came as a couple. She assumed that Woo Bin was thinking to take her there for a lunch date, but somehow he decided not to rush. When she let out a sigh, Woo Bin threw a question at her, "Does this bothering you?". "Mwo? You were saying.." she wasn't sure if she heard him right.

 

With his eyes still closed, Woo Bin elaborated his question, "Being in the same car with me.. and not having a word to say. Does this bothering your mind?".

"I don't understand what you're talking about," she refused to answer, knowing that it will lead to another argument.

Woo Bin opened his eyes and then observed her reaction, "I know you do. You just don't want to say that you're not comfortable with me."

"Good if you already know that. Now can we get out and do the talking later?" she began to lose her patience and was ready to open the door.

 

However, Ji Hyo was caught off guard when Woo Bin replied, "When you love someone so much.. all you want to do is to be next to each other. Even if there's nothing left to say.. you still won't leave that person no matter what happened in the past. You just stay and pray that he or she will always be there. Not because they had to.. but because they want to. I hope w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter