Step 26: A Second Chance

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jong Kook dropped off the two ladies at the Song's mansion, he didn't even bid goodbye to Ji Hyo. His eyes were avoiding her stare, and everyone noticed the strange atmosphere between those two. As she watched the man's car disappearing from her view, Ji Hyo let out a big sigh. 'I guess he took my words literally,' her inner voice whispered as she was trying to rationalize Jong Kook's cold reaction. However, Ji Hyo couldn't blame Jong Kook as it was her decision that they should 'separate' themselves whilst she figured out the answer. For now, she needs to adapt to the awkward silence between her and Jong Kook which may last for a long time.

 

"Gwaenchana. I'm sure everything will be fine once he cools off," Eun Hye patted lightly on Ji Hyo's shoulder knowing what was bothering her friend's mind. Ji Hyo merely responded with a weak smile, "Honestly.. I don't know if Jong Kook oppa can forgive me if we couldn't be together." Eun Hye was surprised to hear what Ji Hyo just said, "What do you mean.. couldn't be together?". Before Ji Hyo can explain, Woo Bin interrupted their conversation with a loud horn from his car. He lowered the side window and stared at his fiancee with mocking eyes, "This is new.. you've never waited for me to arrive before. Today must be a special one since you're already standing at the gate!"

 

As she's already immune to Woo Bin's annoying character, Ji Hyo simply ignored his comments and turned her focus back to Eun Hye. "I'm going out with him for a while.. in case my parents asked," she knew that Eun Hye would need to be informed of her movement as her assistant is a trusted person in the Song's family. However, Eun Hye was strongly against Ji Hyo's decision as she was concerned with her friend's physical condition, "You're still injured Ji Hyo aah! Can't you just rest for at least a couple of days?". Shaking her head, Ji Hyo calmly answered, "Two days might be too late for me to do something. Besides.. I still can walk, just a bit slow."

 

Woo Bin drummed his fingers on the steering wheel. He was slightly irritated when Ji Hyo was taking her own sweet time to get into his car. He already pressed on the horn a couple of times, yet she continued to have a chat with Eun Hye. Feeling agitated, Woo Bin got out from his car and stomped his feet towards Ji Hyo. He harshly pulled his fiancee by the elbow - only to notice her injury when Ji Hyo hissed in pain. Though he felt guilty for his rough attitude towards her, Woo Bin hid his regret behind an emotionless face, "What's the matter? Did you get yourself hurt while running away from me? I guess you deserve that!"

 

"It's not Ji Hyo's fault, Woo Bin ssi. I'm the one who's responsible for her disappearance.." Eun Hye wanted to protect her boss, but Ji Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter