Step 15: Against The Odds

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo pretended to laugh out loud, while Eun Hye exchanged her stare with Jong Kook in confusion. Innocently, the muscular man seek to understand, "Wae geu rae? What's so funny?". The truth was, Ji Hyo wanted to avoid from having to talk about Jong Kook's confession with her personal assistant. Eun Hye is a strong believer in love after marriage, so she considered her assistant as Woo Bin's 'strong supporter'. "Nice try, oppa! You almost got me with your joke," Ji Hyo winked at the man as a signal to play along with the statement, but Jong Kook assumed that she was 'flirting' with him. "Omo! Are you trying to seduce me with that cute eyes of yours?" his reaction had not been helpful in steering away the conversation, instead it made Eun Hye became more curious about the 'bond' between them.

 

"Am I missing something here? What exactly is the relationship between you two?" Eun Hye asked - analyzing the facial expressions of the two suspects. Jong Kook was about to come clean with his feeling, but Ji Hyo immediately covered his mouth with her palm and said, "Jong Kook will be Woo Bin's best man! They are step brothers.. and I knew him since university years." Eun Hye nodded, "Oh.. no wonder you let him stay here. I was worried if you were seeing someone else behind his back!". The unhappy Jong Kook protested, "Wae? It's not like they got engaged because of love! She might be happier with someone else.. someone like..". Again, Ji Hyo had to stop the words before they escape from Jong Kook's mouth. "Like you?" too bad for her, Eun Hye was quick to guess what Jong Kook wanted to say.

 

Feeling happy that she touched his face twice, Jong Kook removed Ji Hyo's hand and kiss it gently, "But she was too blind to see it. Otteoke?". Ji Hyo immediately took back her hand while she warned Jong Kook in a whispering voice, "Stop it, oppa.. I don't want her to tell my father about us!". "Geok-jeong ma! I won't tell Mr. Song about this.. but you have to promise me something," Eun Hye smiled in a mysterious way. Both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were waiting anxiously for her to state her condition. At this point of time, Ji Hyo was willing to do almost anything as long as her parents wouldn't find out about Jong Kook's presence in that house. After giving a thought, Eun Hye crossed her arms and stared intensely at them, "Whatever happened between the two of you.. it should never be the reason for the wedding to be cancelled. Arasso?". Jong Kook gulped the moment he heard Eun Hye's rule, while Ji Hyo smiled and hugged her assistant to thank her for keeping the secret.

 

Jong Kook watched Eun Hye as she left him alone with Ji Hyo. He got the sense that Eun Hye was not in favour of having him as Ji Hyo'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter