Step 33: End The Chase

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Although the room was cold, but the sharp stare from those around him made him sweating all over his face. He knew that the members were 'judging' him with their eyes - putting him in the hot seat and making him unease to proceed with the meeting. Woo Bin could tell they were waiting for him to say something, now that Ji Hyo has came back to claim her 'throne'. But he wasn't ready to give up the fight, so Woo Bin decided to play innocent and pretended that he was happy to see his fiancée alive.

 

"Thank God you're safe! I thought I've lost you, my love. Please don't leave me again," Woo Bin went on to hug Ji Hyo with teary eyes, but she already knew that it was just part of his act. Out of anger, Ji Hyo pushed away his body and gave him a strong warning, "Stop it Woo Bin! I know who you really are and I can assure that you'll serve your time in prison for killing my parents!!". The statement from Ji Hyo was a shock to the directors and Woo Bin's mother. Their mouth agape, and spontaneously they locked their eyes on the man who wanted to claim the President's chair.

 

Again, the accusing stares 'burnt' him alive. His breathing became loud and unstable. His face was reddened. Woo Bin clenched his hands and tried to control his anger from exploded, "What nonsense are you talking about, sweetheart? How can I hurt the ones I care? Your family is my family too.. remember?". Of course she didn't believe him. The fact that she recognized the man from the scene as a person who worked for Woo Bin made her determined to seek for evidence that will prove Jong Kook is innocent. Fortunately, she found the comrade with the help from the Unlucky Brothers.

 

"You can't fool me anymore, Woo Bin. Your man has made a confession and the police will be here anytime soon. I'd suggest that you drop your act and prepare to get arrested," Ji Hyo folded her arms against her chest and smirked at him. While she wasn't paying attention, Woo Bin suddenly grabbed her body and made Ji Hyo his hostage. He pointed the sharp end of his pen at her neck as a desperate move to escape before the cops arrived, "Stay away from me or I'll stab her with this!!". Jong Kook who feared for Ji Hyo's safety tried to calm his step brother, "You don't want to hurt her, Woo Bin. Let her go.. and no one will blame you for this."

 

But Woo Bin didn't buy-in and immediately dragged Ji Hyo along with him to the exit, "Out of my way! All of you!! I swear I will kill her with this if you come any closer!". Though he can take him down with his own hands, Jong Kook was more concerned on Ji Hyo's safety. He kept a distance from his step brother, but his eyes were always locked on every Woo Bin's moveme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter