Step 16: Conspiracy Theory

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She woke up quite early that day, feeling excited to have breakfast together with her special guest - Kim Jong Kook. Ji Hyo knocked on his door, but no one answered. "Where could he be? Did he left because of what I've said to him?" she wondered if the man was offended by her firm decision. Ji Hyo had to admit that she wasn't being fair to Jong Kook when she rejected his feeling over and over again, however deep within her heart she was searching for the courage to choose her own happiness. All her life, Ji Hyo was never allowed to make her own decision. Everything has been decided for her by her parents - the school she went to, the car that she's driving and even the man that she'll be marrying. That's the price of being the only child of a wealthy family, which she'd never question her fate until the unlucky brothers came into her life and caught her attention by surprise.

 

For a moment, she stood still in front of his room - trying to figure out her next move. Then Ji Hyo decided to give a call to Jong Kook just to get rid of her guilt, but the man didn't answer his phone. Her heart was filled with anxiety, and her mind kept imagining the worst thing that could happen to him. She glanced at the clock - realizing that Woo Bin would arrive in about an hour to take her for a visit to their wedding venue. Assuming that the muscular man had left the mansion without informing her, she dragged her feet to the dining room for breakfast when she heard Eun Hye laughing and giggling in the kitchen. Eager to find out what was going on in there, Ji Hyo tiptoed towards the area and took a peek from behind the door. "Oh oppa.. you're such a funny guy! I really can't imagine how awkward it would be!" Eun Hye seems to be enjoying herself with someone. Ji Hyo couldn't see the face of the person who was chatting with her assistant, but immediately she recognized the voice when the person replied, "I know, right? But have anyone told you that you look beautiful when you're laughing?".

 

"Jong Kook oppa? What was he doing in the kitchen? And why does Eun Hye kept addressed him as oppa? Was he flirting with my assistant again?" Ji Hyo began to question the 'intimacy' between the two persons, envying their happy conversation without her presence. That's when she purposely made a noise as she entered the kitchen area just to stop them from chatting like old friends. "Omo.. our princess is quite early today! Have you had your breakfast?" Eun Hye was surprised to see Ji Hyo in the area where she hardly step into. Ignoring her assistant's words, Ji Hyo's eye were locked on Jong Kook who pretended that he didn't see her. "Wae geu rae? Why didn't you guys continue with your conversation earlier? Seems like you're having a good time," Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter