Step 24: Give Her Options

Saranghae Song Ji Hyo!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, the Unlucky Brothers reunited to prepare dinner for the ladies. The menu was grill and barbecue seafood, with special sauce prepared by Jong Kook himself. Ji Hyo and Eun Hye just sat by the campfire, waiting for the men to finish their job. They enjoyed watching the three good friends working so hard to please them with their cooking skill, and the childish argument between the guys made them smiling all the way.

 

"So.. have you decided?" Eun Hye asked in excitement. Ji Hyo made a blank face, "About what?". Her assistant laughed at her reaction as she thought the Song's daughter was bluffing, "You know what I'm talking about.. the Jong Kook's proposal. Have you thought about it?". For a moment, that question made Ji Hyo spaced out as she imagined what will happen once she decided to follow her heart. Yes - her life could be happier when she has a perfect man as her husband, but at the same time she knew Woo Bin and her father will do anything to make her relationship with Jong Kook a living hell.

 

When Ji Hyo responded with a sigh, Eun Hye could tell what was bothering the woman's mind, "You're worried that Mr. Song wouldn't agree?". Working for the Song's family made Eun Hye an expert in the behaviour of Ji Hyo's parents. They were very protective of their only daughter - not so much because of love, but to ensure that Ji Hyo will carry through their legacy without failure. Since they don't have a son, the Songs were very particular in selecting the right husband for their daughter and Woo Bin happened to meet the criteria.

 

Ji Hyo stared deeply at Eun Hye while she thought about the question from her loyal assistant. Even though she knew that her father wouldn't accept her relationship with Jong Kook, but honestly she's more concerned with Woo Bin's reaction should she call-off their wedding. "Eun Hye aah.. why can't I live a simple life? I'm really tired of being controlled by others. Sometimes I wish that I'm not a Song. I want to be a nobody.. someone who has no obligation to follow what's been decided for her," Ji Hyo rested her head on Eun Hye's shoulder as they both watching the fire dancing in front of them.

 

Eun Hye understood how Ji Hyo's felt about the arranged marriage. She pitied the woman whom she regarded as her own sister, despite envying the fame and fortune that Ji Hyo was born with. But since she's the only one who can relate to the Song's daughter, Eun Hye took the responsibility to console her friend, "Ji Hyo aah.. compared to mine, you have a better life as a Song. Your future is secured. You have men chasing after you.. and if that's not enough, you're pretty and smart too. Maybe.. this 'love problem' is only a small test that was designed by God to make you stronger.. or perhaps a 'calling' for you to decide your own happiness."

 

A weak smile appeared on Ji Hyo's face as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter