Pain, pain go away

Short Tidbits

 

It already passed midnight but Hyesung was still up despite his busy schedule that day. He wasn't really wide awake because he wanted to or because he was so energetic - just the opposite, he was actually terribly tired and it was hard for him to keep his eyes open, his eyelids seemed to be heavier than ever.

He wasn't really up either because he was so occupied with something - no, he was actually rather bored not knowing how to make himself busy so he could divert his attention.
To divert his attention but not from anything in his mind like bothersome thoughts or heartache that usually keeps people awake stealing precious sleep from their life, Well, it was actually pain, yes, but his problem was more of physical than pain caused by feelings.

Hyesung was suffering from the pain in his legs, in his knees, caused by his joints being slowly ruined - the effect of so many years dancing even if he was not a dancing machine himself, also, the haunting of past injuries. 
Either way he kept dancing all these years, practised with the members, by himself, they had many-many concerts that required him moving around for hours, they had all kinds of shows and in the end he paid the price with the health of his legs.

Sometimes it was better, sometimes it was worse and this night was the latter. He knew he kind of overdid practise, he also knew the change in the weather affected his knees as well. He knew he wasn't going to get much sleep even though he had already taken a huge pile of painkillers. He knew it all because this wasn't the first night he spent wide awake, suffering from this unbearable pain.

He sat up in his bed groaning, then he carefully got out of it and walked a few circles just as he had been doing for the past few hours. His legs were too 'nervous' to stay put, it was an actual pain to stay put and so, from time to time he had to move them, walk a bit or else he thought he would go crazy from this feeling.
After a few minutes of walking he lied back down again and hoped the pain will go away soon and he could finally rest. That's when suddenly his phone rang, he got a message and he got confused: who would text him in the middle of the night?

Are you in pain?

It was from Eric and Hyesung's heart skipped a beat before he replied.

Nope, but why aren't you sleeping... are you playing computer games again?!

Stop lying, I can literally hear you walking around in your house. Does your legs hurt badly?

Just a bit.

Obvious lie but it did not matter, Hyesung did not want Eric to worry. At least one of them should get some sleep.

I'm coming over.

Hyesung knew it was no use to tell him not to because no matter what he says Eric will just do whatever he wanted and so, a few minutes later Hyesung heard the opening of his entrance door and a moment later Eric stepped into his bedroom.

"Heya, Hyesung-ah!" Eric smiled wide, walked up to the bed and jumped in next to Hyesung. He cringed from the sudden pain he felt in his knee thanks to Eric's impact on the bed, "Ah, sorry, are you okay?"

"How can I be, idiot?" Hyesung hissed irritated, "Why did you feel the need to... stop jumping around."

"Sorry." Eric smiled gently as he slid closer and kissed Hyesung's cheek.

"Gross." He grumbled as he wiped the place where Eric kissed him, still, his cheeks on fire gave him away. "There was no need for you to come over."

Eric sat up then reached for Hyesung's thigh and slowly ran his fingers down to his knee. A shiver ran down on Hyesung's spine as Eric's fingertips touched his skin, "How can I let you suffer alone..." He gently massaged Hyesung's knee, "You should listen to Dongwan and have a surgery. This is only going to get worse. I saw you had a hard time today..."

"No way." He mumbled, shifting his gaze, "Recover time is..."

"I know, I know..." Eric sighed, "Then let's find another solution... injections or something, I'm sure there is something out there."

"It's okay." Hyesung smiled and shrugged, "It's better now, I guess painkillers started to work..."

"Then let's hurry the process."

Eric moved down to Hyesung's knees, then leant close and kissed them, one at a time, while mumbling, "Pain, pain, go away..."

Hyesung's whole face flushed feeling Eric's lips on his skin but a moment later he threw his head back and laughter broke out of him watching this scene, listening to Eric's chanting, "Are you a kid or something?!"

Eric did not listen to him but continued his surreal action and Hyesung felt his whole chest turning warm and he realized surprised: the pain really did go away. He smiled as he leant to Eric, wrapped his arms around his neck, leant his head onto his and whispered, "You are such a child..."

Eric did not say anything and neither did Hyesung. They stayed that way, listening to the others' breathing filling the quiet room and that moment Hyesung could not really decide if it was the painkillers or it really was the work of Eric's childish chanting and healing kisses that took his pain away...

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

A/N:

Based on this article.
thanks Byla for sending it to me!
Even so, I really do hope Hyesung will get treatment to his legs...T_T Oppa, listen to Doctor Deng please T_T

One more chapter to go!

See you next time