Secure point

Short Tidbits

Eric and Hyesung had a fight. Again.

It was not anything new or surprising, at least once every week they always threw themselves at each others' throats, that's the kind of relationship they had. Sometimes the reason was quite minor which just made them laugh in the end and made up, sometimes quite serious stopping them from talking to the other for a few days. It did not matter, they always had something to fight about, but not because they did not like each other, on the contrary, they might have liked each other way too much much.

It was nothing new and everyone around them kind of got used to it: they grew up fighting, spent most of their life with each other, again, fighting, and they figured they will probably spend the rest of their life this way as well.

This time, it was a serious fight, it was a jealousy fight.
Eric was working on a new drama project, romance drama mind you, and he had gotten close - strictly friendly - relationship with the actress he was working together and this was already enough for Hyesung to get the wrong idea about the whole thing.
This was not anything new either, Hyesung was the jealous type and on top of that Eric knew how insecure he felt, how uncertain he was about the two of them, he was aware of his worries, fears, anxiety. Eric had told him countless times, nay,he told him every time he had a jealousy fit, how he did not plan on getting together with anyone, how Hyesung was his everything and how he should know this, after all Eric had been feeling like this for long years now.
Sometimes it worked and calmed Hyesung and they could go back to their every day life, sometimes it angered the singer even more resulting not talking for a while, until Hyesung walked up to him and wearing a sorry expression he apologized and confessed how he doesn't feel good like this either, but he can't help it, while he buried his face into Eric's neck.

However, even though Eric tried to be understanding and made sure to lull his anxious feelings, still, from time to time he lost his patience, too, something he easily lost when it comes to Hyesung. At times like that Eric just exploded and said things that he immediately regretted as soon as he looked at Hyesung's pained expression and he realized his words had some serious weight on them.
He also knew it was too late to apologize, so he just watched Hyesung's back disappearing in the room or behind the entrance door and waited till he calmed down, till both of them calmed down so they could talk everything over again.

The same thing happened this time again. Eric lost his patience and while rubbing his face annoyed he just grumbled, "You know what? Maybe I really should just dump you and get together with a chick."

He needed a few moments to realize what he had just said and he wanted to kick himself for it, because he obviously did not mean any of it, he had just had enough of Hyesung's jealous sessions. But again, it was late. As he looked up he saw Hyesung shaking his head unbelieving, he looked like he was boiling with anger, however his eyes told Eric he hurt him deeply this time, more than ever.
True, it was the first time he had ever said something like this, it was more serious than ever.

"Then do like that. I don't care anymore." Hyesung mumbled, stood up, and turning his back to Eric he disappeared in their bedroom.

Eric sighed and mentally cursed at himself for talking before thinking. He can be understood though, he was hurt as well whenever Hyesung got jealous, he felt like he did not trust him at all. But he also knew he did not do it, because he wanted to, not even because he did not trust him, simply his anxiety and wavering feelings did this to him. Eric understood and he was angry at himself for reacting this way, even if he was tired.
He thought he was more mature than this and even now he got surprised how he could change in a moment if it was about Hyesung.

He did not know what to do. Should he wait like other times? However, it was different now and he thought he really should go after him and apologize properly and tell him he talked stupid, he did not mean it at all, he wanted to stay with Hyesung until the rest of their lives, he needed no woman till he had Hyesung.

With a tired groan he stood up and walked to the bedroom, knocked, and even though he did not receive an answer, he entered,
There was Hyesung sitting on the side of the bed, his back turned to him, Eric could not see his expression, but he was sure the singer won't smile at him at the moment no matter what he does or says, he probably won't smile for him for a few days. He was even prepared for being kicked and this time he would have even agreed with him.
Eric walked up to Hyesung, squatted before him and reaching out to his hands on his thighs he held them. Hyesung did not look at him, his eyes were fixed on their hands, however he returned the grip and it made Eric smile. Maybe he was not that angry as he thought he was.

"You know that I did not mean what I've said." Eric mumbled on a low, intimate tone as if he did not want anyone to hear him even though they were alone.

Hyesung nodded, still not looking at Eric, so he continued, "I'm sorry, don't be angry okay? I have no one else and I don't want anyone if that person is not you, so trust me, okay?"

Hyesung nodded again letting out a tired sigh. Eric smiled again, then lifted Hyesung's hands to his mouth and kissed them, then he leant his head onto his thighs while wrapping his arms around his waist. "I love you, don't forget this."

Hyesung put his hand onto Eric's head and gently ran his fingers through his hair, then finally talked, "This is you last chance. No more."

Eric nodded, but he knew there will always be a last chance, he had heard this so many times already. Hyesung wanted to sound strict, he wanted to sound hurt (he definitely was hurt), he wanted to awoke guilt in him, but in the end they both knew they needed the other, they both knew they could not stay away from each other and while everything changed around them, in the end it was them whom was a secure point in each others' life.
A secure point that's always there, that never changes and will always be there for the other.

Because it's always been like this, they grew up like this and lived together this way and Eric was sure they are going to live the rest of their lives together this way as well.

This is why they did not mind the fights no matter how serious they were.
As long as there was always a last chance, they knew they could manage.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

A/N:

Yaaay back to my usual self, aaaaangst~ xD
I might be a sadist and masochist, but I just love angst, sorry xD
But it's kind of cute as well. Also, it's finally not from a prompt xD
Though it bothers me even more, because unconsciously I always make Eric into the bad guy even though I'm 200% sure Hyesung is quie capable of hurting Eric as well. OTL

Anyway. Looks like I'm on a roll, I'm updating this quite a lot. Only this. xD
So.
Enjoy /till you can xD/