Reconciliation

Short Tidbits

It was already quite late when Eric returned to the apartment. He had been wandering on the streets until now, for hours, his cap pulled into his face, even putting on his hoodie so no one would recognize him and making him take care of his ‘celebrity responsibilities’ - he was not in the mood to do any of those.

The whole house was silent and dark by the time he arrived, but low voices and slight light came from the living room and Eric suspected it was the television.
He took a deep breath to brace himself for another quarrel, and went to the there, however he saw no one, though he was right, the television was surely . He stepped further inside and that’s when he noticed Hyesung lying on the sofa, turned to the backrest part of it, breathing rhythmically.
He was sleeping.

Around him there were countless used tissues and as he looked at his face closer he saw his eyes were slightly puffed and they were red.
He must have been crying… he must have cried a lot, he thought and his chest tightened.
They should not have had such a big fight, it was such a trivial matter, in reality he did not even remember anymore what it was all about. Still, they managed to quarrel about it to that extent they were throwing things around in the room and cursed at the other and in the end slammed the door into each others’ faces - that’s how Eric had gotten onto the street and was out for long hours until the fresh air calmed down his boiling heart and messy head and realized how stupid both of them actually were.

Now, as he was watching Hyesung and imagined how hard he must have been crying here in the dark room all alone until he passed out, he felt bad, he felt remorse and he regretted everything he threw at him.
He loved Hyesung, he loved him to death and when he asked him out and he replied ‘yes’ with such a smile that was more beautiful than any of the jewels or gems of the world, he promised himself he would protect him at all cost.
He promised to take care of him and not hurt him like this.
He promised to never make him cry.

Eric sighed, stepped closer to the sofa and lied down next to Hyesung - there was some place left -, put his arms around him and hugged the man tightly, while whispering, “I’m really sorry.”

That moment Hyesung turned around, still with closed eyes even thought Eric realized he was not actually sleeping. He realized Hyesung must have been up all along waiting for his return, he must have been nervous if he was coming back at all and this made Eric hug him even more.
He saw tears rolling out from under his closed eyelids before he buried his face into his chest grabbing his shirt on his arms tightly.

Eric just hugged his slightly trembling body while his hair, there were no need for words.
Both of them regretted everything, both of them knew they were being stupid…
All they needed was their bodies close to each other, while their souls have made up silently…