Compliments

Short Tidbits

Hyesung seemed to be down for days now, Eric noticed it immediately once it started.

First he was just walking around with a long nose, letting out loud sighs, but he did not say anything. He seemed to be deep in his thoughts and he looked troubled whenever he looked into the mirror and he just turned away with a sour expression once he saw his own reflection.

Eric did not understand what was going on with Hyesung, the singer did not say anything to him and when he asked him if he had a problem he only denied it and kicked him for ‘assuming stupid things’.

However, this did not make Eric feel any better. He knew Hyesung for 10+ years now, he knew when he had problems and he clearly had something going on, it was unnecessary to hide it. They were basically opened books for each other and he kind of felt offended Hyesung still thought he could lie to Eric.

This had been going on for a few days before Eric had enough of the sight of Hyesung’s depressed expression, until one evening when he stayed over, Eric sat down with him to the sofa – accompanied by Hyesung’s whining over how he should not make such a deal out of it, because as he mentioned, there is nothing going on – and he did not let him leave or stand up before he finally told Eric what bothered him.

“Okay, okay!” He waved annoyed, turned to him. “It’s just…”

“Yes?”

“It’s not that of a big deal, you know?” He mumbled and wanted to stand up, but Eric grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

“If it’s not a big deal,” He clasped his hand with Hyesung’s encouraging. “then you can tell me, right?”

Hyesung let out a sigh, then not looking at Eric, but their clasped hands, he started to talk, “It’s just our fans… You know how they call everyone handsome, right? Even Dongwan. But then, of course they say that about me as well, but many times I see ‘woah, oppa is so pretty’ and not just fans. And…”

“Does it hurt you?” Eric asked worried, ready to fight the world to change their minds about the matter.

However, Hyesung only shook his head smiling, “It’s not that. But it makes me think ‘really? Just pretty?’ I want to be not only pretty.”

“You know you are not ‘only pretty’. Everyone knows it.”

“Yes, but I’m sick of hearing it…”

Eric patted his hand, “I see, I see… It’s okay, just ignore it.”

He smiled shaking his head, “See? I’ve told you it’s nothing important.”

“No.” Eric smiled, leant to him and pecked his lips. “If it bothers you… it is important.”

 

Eric did not get much sleep that night. Even though there was Hyesung sound asleep in his arms - sometimes mumbling inaudible or munching while turning around or scratching his crotch - which should have been the easiest way of him falling asleep as well, he just could not close his eyes and not stare at the ceiling or Hyesung’s sleeping face, caressing or kissing it affectionately from time to time, making sure he did not wake him.

What Hyesung told him had bothered him. He could understand where he was coming from, he had always had a weakness to these kinds of comments, he did not really like it. He did not say much about it, but Eric could see he was happier when someone praised him differently, like ‘wow you are so tall’ or ‘you are so handsome’.

He was thinking about how he could make Hyesung feel any better, because he did not want to see him continue being depressed over the matter.

That’s when the idea came to his mind and he grinned to himself, because he could already see before himself the singer’s reaction…

He got up way earlier than Hyesung and went around the house to leave ‘presents’ to him all around…

Then he went back to the bed, but did not sleep, he waited for Hyesung to get up and find his presents.

Which, he definitely will appreciate…

 

Eric did not need to wait long for Hyesung to get up. As soon as he woke up his first journey led him to the bathroom – just as Eric thought.

A few minutes later he heard his annoyed yelling, then heavy steps and Hyesung was already on top of him, hitting him and Eric could only stop him grabbing his arms and pinning him under himself.

“Yah” Hyesung yelled at him. “Why did you write on the mirror ‘Hyesungie, you are beautiful’??”

“Because you are beautiful. You are not just pretty. You are beautiful.” Eric kissed his cheek, then his jaw, then finally arrived to his lips, however Hyesung turned away.

“I think you’ve misunderstood my words yesterday.”

“I didn’t.” Eric shook his head smiling. “Just go around the house and have a look…”

Hyesung stared at him confused, still, he pushed Eric off of himself and left the room, only to hear his surprised cry, 'You are crazy!'

 

Turns out, he wrote different compliments everywhere.

‘Hyesungie, you are clever.’

‘Hyesungie, you have an angelic voice.’

‘Hyesungie, you are a good person even if you have a bad temper.’

 

Hyesung looked and read everything and shaking his head he was just smiling to himself, sometimes he even chuckled or furrowed his eyebrows confused.

Eric was just watching him and was satisfied with his work which took him about an hour, only until Hyesung walked up to him and wearing a rather nasty smile he said, “You know, the marker pen you used… you can’t wipe that off.” He then laughed satisfied and added, “Have fun cleaning this up!”

For a moment Eric looked around shocked, stared at his work, his writing all around not sparing anything and he honestly wanted to hit his own forehead for forgetting this small detail. However, he just shrugged and smiled to himself as he watched Hyesung’s amused expression going around again, having one last look at all the sentences Eric had written.

In the end he did not regret basically ruining his home.

Seeing Hyesung’s smile and lively expression which he hadn’t seen for days now... he thought it definitely was worth it.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

A/N:

The idea mainly comes from this prompt, also, from that I always call Hyesung pretty even though he doesn't really like it and now I'm reflecting on myself. OTL
Oppa, not just your appearance, your whole being is beautiful, please don't take it to heart.
So, I guess Eric fixes the problem. :3
Anyway, I made some changes, I do not follow the prompt 100%, but the main idea is from there.
Also, of course Dongwan is called handsome, because he IS handsome. yay~

Thank you for reading~