Hurt

Short Tidbits

Hyesung did not talk to Eric after their ShinBang recording. He seemed to be fine while they worked hard to learn archery, he laughed on each other’s jokes and tried to kick his whenever he went near Maya, the archer girl, however, once they wrapped up everything Eric suddenly turned into thin air - Hyesung stared through him.

He did not understand what Hyesung’s problem was, after all he acted perfectly normal during the filming, just what in the world he did that would make Hyesung ignore his whole existence just like this.

He did nothing all day, but think about this, however, he still did not understand and Hyesung’s treatment did not went back to normal not even the next day.

It bothered Eric, however he did not walk up to Hyesung to talk it out, he doubted he wanted to talk to him. And so, he was ignored the following two days as well, until Junjin did not walk up to him wearing a rather annoyed expression and said, “Hyung, please talk to Hyesung hyung.”

Eric only stared at him with a blank expression which made Junjin let out a loud sigh, “Are you really not interested in why Hyesung is ignoring you? Everyone had noticed already…”

“Of course I’m interested, but he won’t tell me anyway…” Eric shrugged. “I’ll just wait till he calms down.” Junjin only shook his head displeased, making Eric ask, “Do you know why he is acting like this?”

“Of course I know, everyone knows!” Junjin slapped his own forehead. “Really, you are so slow sometimes…”

“So tell me.” Eric replied wearing a pleading expression.

Junjin only stared at him unbelieving, then on a judging tone he replied, “You are the worst… You would deserve not knowing anything and die ignorant…”

Eric annoyed pushed him slightly then said, “Stop being like this and tell me.”

“I can’t believe you do not realize Hyesung is angry…” He let out a loud sigh. “Okay, so do you remember everything that happened with Maya, the archer girl?”

“Ah, you mean how I’ve asked her to marry me…” Eric nodded as if he finally remembered it, he laughed to himself, then asked back, “So?”

“Eric hyung, really…?” Junjin lifted his eyebrows.

“I was just playing around…”

Jin stared at him with widened eyes then mumbled annoyed, “You are horrible…”

“What did you say…”

“Nothing, nothing.” Junjin waved him off. “Okay, then listen to this. Imagine Hyesung talking the way you did to Maya, laughing and playing around… with Kangta.”

“Why Kangta…”

“Because you are jealous of him.”

“I’m not jealous of Kangta, why the hell would you think that?!”

“Not jealous my … If you aren’t jealous of Kangta then my name is Sal Choongjae…” Junjin sighed again, he seemed to sigh a lot during this conversation of his with Eric. “Whatever, just imagine Hyesung doing and saying the exact same things with someone else who is not you… how would you feel?”

Eric stayed silent for a while, he worked hard to imagine the situation then he lifted his eyebrows and replied, “I would be angry.”

Junjin clapped, “See? Hyesung hyung must be angry as well. You should talk to him.”

Eric nodded, he agreed with Junjin. It was time for them to finally talk about the matter instead of avoiding or staring through the other as if they were thin air no matter what the reason was for it…

 

Hyesung looked surprised when he opened his door and found Eric there with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. He was quite taken aback and was only looking at Eric with widened eyes, waiting for the man to say something, however, Eric was waiting for the exact same thing and in the end Hyesung had no other choice, but to talk first.

“Eric, what are you doing here?” He did not mean anything offensive by his question, he was just simply curious of the reason of Eric’s sudden visit without telling him first.

“Hyesung-ah, can I come in?”

Hyesung again only stared at him even more surprised but in the end he stepped back and opened the door wide, so the leader could step through the entrance. He was relieved, Hyesung did not seem like he was angry anymore, he looked quite calm and relaxed, true, he tensed up once Eric got into his home, however, that was something that happened often when it was just the two of them. He took off his shoes and went to the living room and waited for Hyesung there.

“Here.” He handed over the flowers he bought for him. “This is for you.”

Hyesung’s eyes widened again, his lips parted, but he reached out for the bouquet and took it, while asking, “What’s the occasion?”

“Nothing.” Eric shook his head and put his hands into his pocket, suddenly he felt shy. “I just felt like buying you flowers…”

Eric’s heart skipped a beat when he saw a slight smile appearing on Hyesung’s face, his eyes gleaming, “I’ll put it into a vase.”

Hyesung left the living room, however this did not stop Eric from speaking, so he loudly said, “Hyesung-ah, can we talk?”

The witty reply came from outside the living room almost immediately, “We are talking right now, you know.”

“I mean serious kind of talking…”

A few minutes later Hyesung slowly walked in, he was holding a vase and the bouquet in it. His face was pale and looked scared, but he still put the flowers onto the table in front of the sofa, then turned to Eric, cleared his throat and asked, “About what?”

“About what happened during our filming…” Eric saw Hyesung tensed up, but he did not stop. “You know all those things I’ve said… don’t take it seriously. Don’t be angry, okay? I’m sorry.”

Hyesung let out a sigh, “Eric, I’m not angry.”

“If you are not angry, then why did you ignore ever since then? You look through me as if I wouldn’t even exist.”

“I’m not angry, okay?” He said looking straight into Eric’s eyes. “I just… needed some time to calm down before I’ve said anything I would have regretted.”

Eric stepped to him, reached for his hand and clasped it with his, “Then that means you were angry. I’m sorry, Hyesung-ah. I really did not mean anything by it, don’t be angry anymore.”

“I’ve told you, I’m not angry, I was not angry. There is nothing you should be forgiven for.”

“But –“

Hyesung ripped out his hand from Eric clasp annoyed, “I’ve told you Eric, I was not angry! I was” He raised his voice. “I was hurt!”

For a few moments they were staring straight into each others’ eyes, then Hyesung let out a loud sigh finally deciding to explain his actions to Eric.

“I was so hurt, but not because of you or what you said and did, because I know you are stupid whom acts childish all the time! Sure, it did not feel good seeing you drooling over that young girl. Honestly, I really wanted to kick your , I admit I was jealous. How in the hell I wouldn’t be jealous? You know what? I guess I really was hurt by your acting in the end... But I was not angry, I know you…” He rubbed his face tired. “The reason I’ve acted that way… it just hit me, you know? This -” He pointed at himself and Eric. “I’ve realized this won’t work out… You and me… it won’t. Soon, both of us will get married, you are always all about marriage to begin with… And even though I knew this all along it still hit me hard and it hurt. I’ve thought I didn’t want to lose you, but then I know that’s a really selfish way of thinking....”

They both fell silent. Hyesung did not look at Eric whom was staring at the signer’s bright red face, trying to read something  out from his expression, however, it was hard, his face was unreadable even thought he knew every tiny inch of it.

For a moment, Hyesung looked painfully lost and sad, then the next moment he straightened his back, looked straight into Eric’s eyes and smiled, “I’ll bring some coffee… or want something stronger? I have a bottle of soju.”

He did not reply, he let Hyesung bring whatever he wanted, he saw how much he wanted to escape the living room and be alone for a bit.

He let him go. He did not really have the strength to hold him back.

That moment the realization hit him hard, too, how they were actually walking on thin ice and their relationship, how ‘Hyesung will always be here for him’ was not actually granted as he thought it was.

He realized while Eric did not give a single thought about anything, because somehow all of this just felt natural, unquestionable, he felt Hyesung was fundamental for him and he thought everything will work out on it’s own, the singer was actually thinking about the two of them all the time, nay, he bet he had sleepless nights over it.

He realized he must have been unintentionally hurting him all along…

And that moment, Eric Mun was seriously ashamed of himself…

 

 

 


 

 

 

A/N:

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TELL ME PLEASE
This is definitely not what I wanted to write when I've started it, I swear. I wanted to write some super cute jealousy fluffy thingy and then it suddenly turned into a an angsty mess full of horrible reality smell OTL
No, no, no. This cannot be done, no. This will have to have a continuation, this cannot be left like this. Just no.
What have I done. *stares at hands* 
Forgive me.

Also, why is that I always turn Eric into the bad guy... OTL
I've noticed this before, too, but Eric seems to always hurt our Hyesung in my stories. Why. I love Eric a lot, why I'm doing this to him. Why I'm hurting anyone to begin with. I'm having a late night breakdown over my own actions. I'm a despicable human being. OTL

*ignore me*

Thank you for reading~