Confidence

Short Tidbits

Eric was staring at the clock, he was following the hour hand with his eyes, counted the passing seconds in his head while he tried not to imagine all kinds of scenarios in his head about Hyesung and a girl.

Hyesung went on a blind date. Yes, a blind date. They agreed to meet at 3 pm and it was already 7 pm, Eric was worried Hyesung was actually enjoying himself. He was worried he actually liked the girl even though he was quite reluctant about this date, he was worried the girl was his type. She already had an advantage - she was a 'she', unlike Eric. It made everything so much easier.

If Eric wanted to be honest, if it was not Hyesung's mother organizing this blind date, Eric would not have let him go. If he had to, he would have tied him to the bed so he could not escape the house and would miss the date. However, it was Hyesung's mother's idea and all he could do was to smile encouraging, saying 'don't fool around too much', while actually he wanted to grab him, pull him into a hug and say 'please don't go'.

In the end he did not say much, but sent him off with a smile and since then, he walked around in the house, sat down then a moment after sat up, he tried to eat, but lost his appetite soon after, in short, he could not really find his place. He was way too nervous to stay put and so, he just stared at the clock waiting for Hyesung to arrive home.
However, the more seconds, minutes, hours passed the more he fell into agony. Suddenly he turned uncertain even though what he always knew for sure is that him and Hyesung will be together forever. Now this knowledge suddenly turned vague, he was not so confident anymore and the scenarios of Hyesung laughing with the girl, acting shy around her and maybe even sending her home with a kiss in the door did not help at all.
He felt like he was going crazy.
He just wanted Hyesung to come home as soon as possible and calm him, tell him he is the person he wanted in his life and he did not need anyone else, he wanted Hyesung to tell him his feelings were the same as Eric's, he just wanted to hear something certain from Hyesung's mouth that would give him back his self-confidence.

He sighed, he could not believe this blind date had disturbed him so much, but what could he do? They could not just say 'Mother, actually the two of us are together, so please don't organize any more blind dates for Pilgyo', they definitely could not do that. And he could not blame Hyesung's mother, she meant well, she wanted her son to find his match. She just did not know he already did - in Eric's person.
And this is what made him feel so anxious... how long can they keep this up? So many secrets, how long will they be able to keep them without one or both of them suffer?

Eric shook his head to get out all these stupid thoughts of his head when he heard the sound of the entrance door opening and his heart skipped a beat - Hyesung had arrived.

"I'm home." He said after he stepped in the living room after a few minutes.

Eric waved, "Hi."

"Ah, I'm hungry." He grumbled as he threw himself onto the sofa. "Let's order something?"

Eric furrowed his eyebrows while he followed Hyesung to the sofa, but he sat onto the floor and leant against it, "But... didn't you eat together with your blind date?"

"I did." He rubbed his face, he looked tired. "But how can one eat well in a situation like that."

Eric only hummed then quieted down, he wanted Hyesung to talk himself, but after he realized he won't really tell him anything, he impatiently asked, "So?"

"Hm? So what?"

"Stop acting like this..." Eric mumbled annoyed. "How was your date?"

Hyesung giggled, "Why? Are you worried?" Eric did not reply, but stared at his hands, he was not really in the mood of joking around and Hyesung noticed this as well, so he just gently patted Eric's head and answered, "It was nothing interesting."

"Details."

Hyesung smiled as he let out a sigh, "Well, she is pretty, well mannered. Two years younger, but she looks like as if she is at least ten years younger. She has tons of aegyo to that extent it was actually annoying after some time."

"Can she knit?"

"What??"

"Can she knit? Is she your type?"

Eric's voice sounded worried, nervous and Hyesung sensed it, nay, he sensed what was this all about and again, he reached to Eric's head and gently patted it, but did not take away his hand, instead he ran his fingers through his hair, caressing him.

"Really... Do you realize my type actually had changed?"

"Oh, really?" Eric rumbled not too amused. "Then what's your type?"

Hyesung sighed, he gently grabbed his hair and pulled him to himself, kissed his forehead and said, "You, you stupid. You are having weird ideas, am I right?" Eric did not reply. "Really, Mun Junghyuk, you know I went to this blind date only because it was Mom's idea... But I told her I don't have any kind of intention of meeting again."

Eric rubbed his nape troubled, "I know."

"Then what's the matter?" Hyesung sat down onto the floor next to Eric, His acting made him worried, after all it should be the other way around: Eric calming his anxiety.

"I was just... I was scared you might like the girl." He said while he slid his hand to Hyesung's and clasped them. "It's a possibility after all. There are tons of advantages being with a girl... And so, I grew anxious about this whole thing."

Hyesung understood what Eric was saying, after all he felt like this all the time whenever Eric met with a girl can it be a co-worker or stylist or just a friend. He was also anxious about their relationship, about their future, about their surroundings and so, he understood Eric's feelings maybe a bit too well.
He wanted to say it was okay, he wanted to say he loved him, but in the end he stayed quiet while with his free hand he reached to Eric's face, turned it to himself and after he leant towards him he kissed his lips. He pulled back a few millimeters so he could look into his eyes meaningfully, then leant back and kissed him again and again, he wanted to get this whole idea out of his head with his kisses.

"Pull yourself together." He mumbled in the end. "If you are like this, what I'm going to do?" Then he lowered his eyes, his cheeks were burning up. "There are tons of girls out there, but there is only one Eric Mun. Don't forget this."

Eric's breath was caught for a moment hearing these words, his heart started to beat faster and suddenly, all those dark thoughts he had until now had disappeared, as if they weren't even there in the first place. Instead, that familiar childish smile had appeared on his face as he closed his eyes and mumbled, "More."

"What?"

"Kiss." He sounded like a child asking for icecream. "More."

Hyesung only laughed and pushed him away, "You are unbelievable!", then he stood up, stretched his arms and yawned, "Let's order something, I'm starving!"

Eric only patted his forehead where Hyesung pushed him away with his hand, he smiled to himself and somehow, he was full of confidence again.
Hyesung's heart was his after all and that was all that mattered.
Everything else... it can be solved.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

A/N:

So, I've hold back my angst factor, I'm going easy on you guys. But I think this turned out quite well? I mean, I'm giving this out with good feelings. I'm satisfied with it, I think it turned out nicely. It gives me nice feelings.
Actually, this is not how I wanted to end this, also, the original title was 'Coming out'. I wanted to end this with Eric saying if they should just come out and Hyesung rejecting the idea and saying something really heart-warming, basically making Eric feel the same way like the end of this second, published version.
Well, at least I have material for another chapter, I can always use it. xD

I hope you guys like it as well, thank for reading as always.^^