Meteor Shower

Short Tidbits

It was late night when they finally found the perfect spot to sit down and look at the meteor shower without having to worry about being disturbed or having the view blocked somehow.

Of course the sky was huge and everyone could look at it anytime and anywhere and anyhow, it was not something that could be easily blocked, still, Eric preferred a silent spot at the edge of the forest. The perfect place was a small hill if it could be titled as a hill at all, still, it was perfect to lie down on the vivid green grass, being caressed by it’s softness and as he looked around suddenly he felt like he was on the top of the world, he felt like he was alone there and the whole pitch black sky lit by millions of tiny light dots was his own, his own alone.

It was not his, though. He was not alone there, and as he sat up and looked at the person sitting by his side being mesmerized by the sky and the stars, he smiled, because it was not ‘his’ anymore, but ‘theirs’, he silently mumbled ‘ours’ to himself. This made him the happiest man in the world, because the person next to him seemed to be enjoying himself and he could not ask anything more than this.

"Oh, it’s starting!" The person with him cried out excited and with shining eyes he looked at Eric, laughing overjoyed. "We almost missed it!"

Eric nodded smiling, watching him being so excited, so happy warmed up his heart, he thought it’s going to melt away and won’t be able to function properly anymore, but he did not mind it at all - if it’s for him, he did not mind anything.
Then he realized his heart never been functioning properly ever since he had gotten to know him and this just made him let out a sigh shaking his head. He tore away his gaze from that face he thought was of an angel’s and looked at the sky only to see hundreds of gleaming dots approaching the ground leaving beams behind themselves, disappearing only after long-long moments.

It was beautiful, one of those wonders you can see from the Earth if you are lucky and have a good timing. It’s not something you can watch every night whenever you want, it’s not something you can watch anytime with anyone.
And Eric wanted to share this experience with someone dear to him - and so he did. His dearest person.
He turned away from the sky and looked at his face. The face that was hundred millions more beautiful than the meteor shower, the face he could spend centuries watching. He loved that face, he loved those lips, cheeks, nose. He loved how he furrowed his eyebrows when he did not understand something or when he was displeased, he loved when he pouted his lips when suddenly he became upset or just wanted something, he loved when he laughed with his heart showing, he loved how from his laughter the whole world turned pleasant and the most beautiful place ever, he loved how his eyes were laughing together with him.

And now he loved those eyes being closed, those lips being slightly pouted and those eyebrows furrowed a bit as if he was strongly focused on something and again, like so many times already ever since he had gotten to know him, his heart skipped a beat from the sight.

"Hyesung-ah, did you make a wish?" He asked on a sweet tone, but he only received a hit on his thigh.

"Don’t bother me, I’m wishing now." He mumbled displeased, but he never looked at Eric or opened his eyes, but stayed the way he was, except for his hand which he kept on Eric’s thigh even after he hit him, as if he was trying to hold him back from disturbing him again… or wanted to make sure the man was still with him - and won’t leave him.

Eric looked back at the sky with a smile he could not wipe off of his face, then he sighed, put his hand on Hyesung’s and gently squeezed it, then lead by a sudden came idea he leant towards him, still holding his hand, and kissed those lips he adored so much.
Then he sat back to his previous place, none of them said anything. They were just watching the sky, both mesmerized and touched, without words or glances at the other, with the lingering feeling of their kiss on their lips, still tingling.

However, the whole time, the whole night, even long after the meteor shower was over, even when the first rays of the morning came and their tired eyes were blinking fast and their bodies felt sore…

Even after that, even like that…

….They never once let go off each others’ hands…