Anniversary

Short Tidbits

"Hyung, it's your anniversary tomorrow..."

Hyesung furrowed his eyebrows looking at Junjin, he did not understand what he wanted to say or where he was coming from and to begin with, why he brought it up. Also, why he remembered this date so well. "I know."

Junjin grinned, "What are you going to do?"

"No idea." Hyesung shrugged, still wearing a weird expression. He felt something in his bones which told him not to go along with Junjin. But he did not lsiten. "Probably nothing big. Stay home, order something, drink wine... No idea."

Junjin shook his head, "You should surprise Eric hyung, it's your anniversary!"

"Yeah, well last year Eric perfectly forgot about it and I'm sure this year won't be any different, so why should I?" Hyesung sighed. "And anyway, it's not like it's our first or second anniversary... honestly, it's not a big event. We will just have some wine and that's it."

"You are so lazy, hyung." Junjin mumbled causing to turn to him with widened eyes, slightly offended.
Lazy? He worked his heart out last year buying tons of roses and throwing the petals around the house and lighting tons of candles only to have Eric forget about the event. He had a hard time cleaning up the petals, let alone he almost put the house on fire thanks to the candles.

"Yah, Park Choongjae..."

"How about baking cookies for him?" Junjin said suddenly, stopping Hyesung from cursing at him or even kick his . "I bet Eric hyung would love it. I saw a recipe in a magazine... It was for Valentine's Day, but it's good enough for an anniversary as well!"

Hyesung stared at Junjin tired, "You don't except me to bake..."

"It won't hurt." Junjin patted his shoulder. "I brought it for you... just have a look. I bet hyung would appreciate it!"

Hyesung sighed... he really could not believe he had gotten into a situation like this.
And at the same time, he had a hard time to admit, he was actually interested in Junjin's idea... It sounded... fresh?

___________________________________


Eric arrived home after a tiring day, sooner than he should have. The whole time he had prepared for this moment, after all this day was an important one, it was their anniversary and while he did not care that much about these things, still, it seemed to be important to Hyesung, whom almost ripped off his head last year for forgetting it and did not talk to him for a whole week.

This year he made sure to remember and prepared for it, so he could make Hyesung happy, though, he thought they should be happy and lovey-dovey together every day and not just during their anniversary. Still, he knew Hyesung and was grateful for having the singer being the initiator at least on this one day. And he had to admit, when Hyesung initiated things in the bedroom... it was amazing.
Last year he got nothing thanks to his forgetfulness and he had decided to make up for it this year.

However, once he had arrived home he had to face something he never would have thought of: Hyesung acted perfectly normally.
There were no rose petals or candles or mysterious smiles or expectant gazes, whom was standing in front of him was the same old Hyesung usually welcoming him home every evening. Eric just waited and waited for Hyesung to bring up the thing or just act like as if saying 'you know our anniversary is today...', however, even after half an hour, he never did anything like that and from this Eric finally realized:
Hyesung had forgotten about it.

Eric would have lied if he said he wasn't furious or hurt, after all last year Hyesung almost bit off his head for forgetting about this and did not talk to him afterwards and now it's him whom forgot about it? Really? Eric was dumbfounded and his first thought was 'well, aren't you a hypocrite, Jung Pilgyo'.
He honestly was angry at Hyesung... Eric prepared well. He bought couple bracelets for themselves, quite expensive ones mind you. He had already got them the previous week and hid them among his clothes where he was sure Hyesung would not have looked. Then he planned on drinking some wine then having a long night with himself, Hyesung and their bed.

He was disappointed. He actually looked forward to what Hyesung had prepared this year - he remembered a few years back when his present was actually role play - and it hurt him to realize the person, whom always remembered... just forgot. Of course he was not obliged to always remember this, still, Eric felt like something granted had taken away from his life. It was weird and not in the nice way.
He really was hurt and he could understand Hyesung's feelings from the previous year, because he was now at least the same angry as Hyesung was.

"You really are annoying Jung Pilgyo..." He mumbled. "After all the fuss you made last year..."

He wanted to eat sweets. He did not want to fight with Hyesung, he was not in the mood, he just wanted to eat some sweets and calm down and not mention the whole thing at all. Handing over the bracelet some other time. Maybe... only maybe having his way with Hyesung even like this - they haven't been together that way for about a week now and he honestly felt like he was going to explode.
But only maybe. He was honestly offended and hurt, that kind when you don't even want to mention it, but somehow the other party realizes it from your attitude even if you don't act on your feelings.

Eric got more annoyed as no matter where he looked, he could not find anything, even though he could have swore he was sniffing the scent of cookies. He looked like a dog sniffing around in the kitchen as he was looking for the 'something' that gave off that scent and his eyes widened in surprise as he found them in the oven: home made cookies.

Eric squatted down before the opened oven and buried his face into his palm, his cheeks were on fire.
HOME MADE cookies!
Hyesung made home made cookies for him! For Eric! Him! The almighty Shin Hyesung! With his own hands! Cookies!
Eric was flattered and quite of a stupid, love-drunken grin had appeared on his face, which had immediately disappeared once he reached for a cookie and tasted it, only to sprint to the dustbin and spit it out.
The leader never in his whole life had tasted such a terrible thing like this 'cookie' of Hyesung's and suddenly, he understood everything.
Hyesung probably acted as if he did not remember their anniversary, because his cookies turned out inedible and his pride did not let him to tell this to Eric. He probably prepared them the whole day and he must have felt ashamed and horrible about his failure.

Eric sighed. He looked back at the oven, those cookies were Hyesung's sweat and blood, his hard work. Eric felt bad for the singer and though no matter how hard Hyesung worked on them there is no way he would have eaten those things, still, he decided to let it go, he decided not to be angry at Hyesung, nay, he still felt flattered and he could not control that fluffy feeling in his chest making him smile like an idiot.

He decided not to mention anything, he decided to let Hyesung keep his pride.
And in the end he decided to have his way with Hyesung that night after all, he definitely deserved that...

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

A/N:

You know, I kind of wanted to reverse the roles and make Hyesung hurt Eric, turn him into the bad guy instead of the leader...
But why is that I'm unable to do it T_T I won't rest till I come up with something, this bothers me a lot. I want Hyesung to be the bad guy as well, he is no saint either.
Okay, but imagine Hyesung trying to make the dough. His face covered in flour. While cursing 'why I'm even doing this...'.
I would give half my soul to see this scene xD
Anyway, don't know why this idea of mine popped up in my mind tbh, it's actually so weird xD this time Junjin is acting up... xD  I don't even know what was my goal with this anymore... I did not even want to write this one xD Please, blame the heat, it's messing with my brain xD
Anyway, I'm going to delete that PSA of mine from before, because it frustrates me so much the chapters aren't numbered properly now OTL I'll probably loose the comments from that time, but I want to say, I definitely won't forget those words. They are in my heart now. ;;

Stay well. and hydrated.