Handwritten letter

Short Tidbits

Hyesung was nervous and he honestly regretted ever getting this idea, a very embarrassing idea, which he had already executed and now he was just waiting for the reaction, the outcome of it.

He thought of himself as an idiot and mentally he was constantly cursing at himself for ever doing this... for even thinking about this... why would he embarrass himself this way? He could have done anything else so why this?
He had no idea but when he thought of it and when he did it... it still seemed like a pretty nice thing and he thought he would clench Eric's heart with it.

Not anymore though.
Writing a confession letter felt like quite of a foolish thing now. Just remembering how much he sweated and trembled like some nervous schoolgirl having their first love... he wanted to headbutt the wall or at least the very first thing that he grabbed.
Sure, he had a good reason to do so. Hyesung had a fight with Eric over such a minor problem he could not even remember anymore of it and so, they haven't talked to each other for a week now.
This time Eric was stubborn and Hyesung realized how serious the matter was after all it's usually Eric that comes after him first, snuggles up to him and tries to make up with him. This time none of these happened, Hyesung only received the cold shoulder and it felt like a kick in the chest.

It was a first and Hyesung got worried, he finally realized it was him whom had to take the very first step if he did not want to face the horrible consequences of this tiny fight of theirs.
And he definitely did not want that. He might act the way he acts with Eric... he still loved him wholeheartedly, as time passed the more he discovered Eric might be the person he loved the most among anyone he ever dated. He was head-over-heels in love with the leader but he never said so, he was too embarrassed and somehow with Eric... everything was different.
With him, he could not just look into his eyes and tell him: 'Junghyuk-ah, I love you'. It made him cringe, it made him wanting to run out of the world and so, the times he actually gave voice to his feelings were quite... minimal.

With Eric, everything was fairly different and even Hyesung himself found new sides to his own personality, especially when he was with the leader.
In the end instead of words he showed his affection physically, with his attitude and if Eric understood any of his unsaid feelings... he left it all to him.

This time, however, he figured this strategy won't work but he has to speak up if he wants to keep the most precious person in his life. Because Eric was this important to him and admitting this fact caused his cheeks burn up.
Of course talking with him... it was almost impossible. He actually practised in front of a mirror and whenever he tried to talk he felt like his tongue was knotted and all he could achieve was embarrassing himself but no progress.

That's when his bright idea came to his brain and which caused his current nervousness: let's just write a letter, hand it over and then hide waiting for the response.
He thought he was a real genius and immediately sat down to write all the thing he felt, then put the paper into an envelope and when Eric passed by him not even looking at him, he just annoyed pushed the letter onto his chest and in a moment he disappeared behind the door of the bedroom.

And now he was just sitting there, waiting for Eric to read his words, his feelings and tell him his opinion... to come in and make up with him, to get back on the tracks and talk again and annoy him again and... to love him again.
Because despite his showed annoyance... he pretty much missed Eric's bothersome actions, he missed him bothering him, he missed his love-filled attacks and how he was like a puppy wagging its tail around its owner.
He missed his presence around himself.

His heart skipped a beat when he heard the door opening and he did not dare to look up but he still had to hearing Eric's first words:

"Hyesung-ah, what's this?"

Hyesung could only stare at him with widened eyes and he did not understand: despite the envelope all opened... didn't he read the content? Didn't his words reach him?

"I mean..." He said again seeing Hyesung's confusion, "Your handwriting is the same terrible as always, I can't read the full thing..."

"Oh..."

Hyesung did not know what to say. He felt like he was hit by an asteroid or at least something as huge. To think all his efforts were in waste because of his infamous bad handwriting... he wanted to disappear. It was something he forgot about...

"It doesn't matter then." He mumbled, stood up and wanted to take the letter however Eric did not let him, "Yah, give it back!"

"No, this is mine, read it for me."

"No way, it's mine so..."

Eric only shook his head, "You gave it to me which means it's mine now, so read it before I lose my patience." Hyesung only shook his head only to receive an angry call, "Jung Pilgyo."

Hyesung sighed and ripped the letter out of Eric's hands. He gave up. He knew no matter how hard he fought Eric still wouldn't budge until he did whatever he wanted...
So he gave in, looked at his own ugly letters, cleared his throat and on a trembling tone he started to read:

 

'Eric-yah... I'm really sorry. I know I did bad and you are angry at me now, that's why I'm writing this letter. I know I'm being unreasonable sometimes but that's all your fault because you made me into this... It's because of my feelings and they make me frustrated.
I know I rarely, almost never say anything and I'm sure you might be hurt by this. But it's really hard for me to be so open like you. It's hard for me to say such things, it's embarrassing, that's why I'm writing this to you, maybe it's easier.
' Hyesung gulped and looked up but immediately had to turn away meeting Eric's gaze, 'I might not say it much but you are really important to me. I might not repeat these words but I really do feel like this even if it doesn't look like so. But please believe in my actions which are fairly different when I'm with anyone else... it's only you to whom I act the way I do and that makes you special in a way... Like why would I waste my time with such an annoying person if I don't... All I'm saying is you are quite alright!!! So just believe in me...'

 

When Hyesung finished he cleared his throat once again and wanted to rip this embarrassing letter into tiny pieces, however Eric took it before he could do anything about it.

Then he said, "I want to hear this in three short words. You know what I mean."

Hyesung stared at him shocked then he grumbled, "Forget it..." He wanted to leave the room but Eric grabbed his arm and pulled him back, "Eric, can't you just..."

"No, Hyesung." Eric's gaze was strict, "I want to hear it."

Hyesung was only watching that brown gaze and he could feel his heart almost jumping out of his chest and he knew: there was no escape this time. So he just sighed, shifted his gaze and on a low tone he mumbled:

"I... love you."

Eric grinned and pulled Hyesung among his arms, hugged him tightly and laughing he said, "Hyesung-ah, you are so stupid... after so many years, did you seriously believe I can't read your writing? But in the end it was nice hearing all of this from your own mouth..."

Hyesung's eyes widened as he pushed Eric away and staring at him in disbelief he shrieked, "You deceived me! You are such a slippery bastard!"

Eric only grinned as he pulled him back among his arms, kissed his hair and mumbled, "This slippery bastard loves you as well..."

"You better be." Hyesung only grumbled, burying his face into Eric's neck, "You are so hateful..."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." He patted Hyesung's back understanding, "I won't do it again. But ah... I should have recorded this."

"You are going overboard."

Eric only tightened his hug around Hyesung, "Whatever, I've always liked you this way."

Hyesung smiled against Eric's neck as he wrapped his arms around him as well and he thought, maybe in the end it really was a brilliant idea writing that letter...

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

A/N:

 

More or less based on THIS prompt. Also, I won't deny I was even reminded of 'I'm in Love'. xD

Well 50 chapters... it's pretty much of a good point to finish something I think? I came a long way with this but everything has to end someday.
Ending day came for Short Tidbits as well (btw I've changed the description so it would make more sense haha), however, it doesn't mean I'm finishing this project completely. I might re-open it in the future for another handful of chapters, let's just take it as a brainstorming period so I can come up with more chapters haha. For now it's the end and hopefully I'll be able to concentrate on my other projects as well.

I hope you've enjoyed these 50 chapters, thank you for following, subscribing, upvoting and last but not least for your kind and encouraging comments.
If I look at it from the perspective of comments and views, this might be the most successful series of mine so far and I'm really proud of you guys (and myself lol) and also very grateful.

Well enough with the sappy ending words haha

See you next time!