Lockdown

unlucky(?) life

Luhan came downstairs with Kai and Sehun. Lay was still asleep and Tao was sitting on the couch and playing with his phone.  

"So how did it go?" Luhan asked Tao.

"He's over there," Tao said while pointing to the corner by the TV where the fishtank is. In front of it was Kris watching the the goldfish swim. There was a big goldfish and 3 smaller ones that weren't even half the big goldfish's size. There used to be just 2 but then one died which explains the big goldfish. They then went to the pet store and bought 4 more fish. Luhan chose 2, Tao and Lay chose one. That was a year ago and the small fish still haven't made much progress with growth.

Luhan walked over to him. "Told you I would find a way to get you out," Luhan said surprising Kris.

"Y-yeah. You did. Thanks. I guess I owe you," Kris said. Luhan just nodded and turned his attention to the fishtank. 

Luhan stared intently at the fishes like he was trying to figure something out. He tilted his head and blinked a few times before he realised what was wrong.  He turned towards Tao. "Hey weren't there five fishes?" he asked.

"Oh you didn't know? The small fish you chose has been missing for more than a month now. Lay thinks it probably got eaten by the big fish." Tao answered,

Luhan froze and Kris looked like he was in shock at how calm Tao said it.  Sehun and Kai had the same expression as Kris. 

"I wanna cry right now... but I can't.  I feel guilty for not knowing that he's been missing all this time," Luhan said with his head down. "It had to suffer the pain of being eaten. The pain he's been put through..." Luhan was slowly falling into depression now.

"Hey it's okay Lu," Kris said while he wrapped his arm around his cousin. "We aren't exactly sure what happened to it."

"Actually I think it probably jumped out and died from lack of oxygen, or whatever fish breathe behind the TV," Tao said casually, not lifting his head from his phone screen.  Luhan seemed to become more depressed.

"Hmmmmm," Lay hummed while slowly opening his eyes.  He looked at Sehun and Kai. "Tao, I think people are trying to rob us again," Lay mumbled.

"Oh yeah, who are you guys?" Tao asked finally tearing his gaze away from the screen.

"U-uh. We're here to be tutored by Luhan," Sehun said while directing his attention to the depressed deer.

"Who's the tall dude?" Lay asked looking at the giant comforting him.

"That's Kris," Tao said. "He's Luhan's cousin."

"Why is he here?" Lay asked.

"Don't know. Luhan told me to pick him up from an asylum. Do you know how much paperwork I had to go through? My eyes hurt from reading," Tao said.

"Asylum? Why was he there? Is he safe?" Lay asked.

"Apparently so because they let him out," Tao said. "He seems normal so far."

"Wait a minute. Aren't you guys related to that nerd? How come you guys don't know his cousin?" Kai asked.

"Actually we're just friends. We just live with him. Tao and I go to the college nearby and Luhan goes to your school.  We're both 2 years older than him," Lay explained.

"Oh," Kai said.

Luhan sighed a depressing so before asking what's for lunch. Tao said he was too lazy to cook and Lay suggested sushi which brought Luhan back into his depression.

"Did I say something wrong?" Lay asked.

---------------

NEXT DAY~

Luhan, Sehun, and Kai studied for many hours at Luhan's house yesterday.  Luhan seemed enthusiastic, but that wasn't it. He was that desperate to win the bet.  Sehun and Kai caught on pretty well to what Luhan was teaching and they both stayed for dinner.

Luhan walked into the classroom and headed toward Minseok who was getting out his stuff. 

"You're alive!" Xiumin said while hugging Luhan. Chen came out of nowhere and joined in the hug.  

"My baby is safe!" Chen said. "So, how was it?"

"It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be," Luhan said.  "...But one of my goldfish is missing."

Sehun came into the room and saw Luhan pouting. He thought it was kinda cute but snapped out of it when he realised what he was thinking. He started to feel strange toward the doe-eyed boy ever since the tutoring. He was a little sad yesterday. Seeing people you could joke around with at home kinda made him envious. Suho could make up good jokes but he wasn't as intersting or weird as Lay and Tao.  It wasn't just envy he felt though. He didn't know what it was,but he knew it was something he never felt before.  

Kai walked into the room and put a hand around Sehun.  "Nerd has some pretty interesting housemates," he said.

"Yeah," Sehun replied.

"He sure knows a lot of weirdos," Kai said taking in the scene in front of him.  Luhan was in depression again and Chen was trying to cheer him up by putting animal stckers on him which he got from who knows where.  Xiumin was holding a stuffed bear and singing to it while cutting it up with a pair of scissors. He would occasionally hit Chen with it and a bunch of stuffing would come out.  He then picked up the stuffing and put it back in just to hit Chen again.

Mr. Lee came in and told his students to go to their seats. They all obeyed and Mr. Lee began talking.  "We are gonna be having a lockdown practice," he said. "We're not sure when it's going to happen but when it does, go to the fir-"

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

The alarm signalling for the lockdown interrupted Mr. Lee's sentence.  The students didn't know what to do and were heading towards the door because they confused it for a fire drill. 

"You don't go outside! This is a lockdown. You go under your desk," Mr. Lee said. 

"Oooooooooooh," the students chorused.

"I'm so putting this on twitter!" Chen said. He got under his desk and pulled out his phone. He opened the Twitter app. "School Lockdown #GUY WITH GUN," Chen said while typing it in on his phone. He then proceeded to take a picture. "Mr. Lee! What filter do you want?" Chen asked. "Do you want warm which has a sunny feel to it, or do you want vintage which has an old feel to it. There is also happy which is a lot more sunny than warm or you can just do black and white whi-"

"What are you talking about?" Mr. Lee asked.

"Which filter you want for the picture I'm posting on Twitter," Chen said.

Mr. Lee mentally face-palmed. "Chen, just put your phone away," Mr. Lee said.

"Okay," Chen said before clicking a random filter and posting it.

The signal telling them that it's all clear came and everyone got up from under their desk.  Mr. Lee then started to teach like nothing happened.