Burn

unlucky(?) life

"Hey Sehun," Luhan called out to the boy walking in front of him.  They both walked together and were accompanied by Kai, Xiumin, and Chen.  Taemin decided to tag along because there was nothing to do and Sehun was forced to come because Suho thought it would be a good idea to go to Luhan's house again.

"What?" Sehun asked and turned around to look at Luhan.

"Why are you wearing a sweater?" Luhan asked.  "I mean, I know the reason, but it's ing eighty degrees out here."

"...Because this is my favorite sweater," Sehun answered bluntly.  Everyone gave him a look of disbelief but Kai, of course, didn't look amused at all from the time he spent with the younger.

"You're sweating a lot," Luhan said.  "It's disgusting.  What are you gonna do when you walk in a desert?  Are you gonna continue wearing that sweater cause it's your favorite?"

"Maybe," Sehun said.

"Watch," Luhan said.  "You're gonna walk into a desert and pass out from a heat .  Everybody gonna watch you dying on the ground and there would be this sizzling sound."

"Why would there be a sizzling sound?" Kai asked.

"Cause it's gonna be so hot and he's gonna start getting cooked since he didn't want to get rid of that sweater," Luhan said.  "Then one of us are gonna kick him until he flips over and say 'Wait.  We need to cook the other side'."

Xiumin, Chen, and Taemin broke out in laughter.  Sehun looked at the doe-like male in horror.  "Wow..." Kai said.  He tried hard not to laugh also but couldn't help smiling.

"There's no logic in that," Sehun said.

"Ssssssssssssssssssss," Luhan imitated the sound of meet being cooked on a grill.  "So how do you want it?  Medium rare? Wait, Ssssssssssssssssssss, damn i think its burning now."

"Well," Sehun said.  "Nothing beats the sound of fresh deer being cooked."

"Do you want to die?" Luhan said and started glaring at the other.

Now Kai couldn't hold in his laughter.  He clutched his stomache along with the other three and they all laughed loudly on the sidewalk.  Sehun stayed quiet and kept his face blank but he couldn't help but feel a little victorious.  A small smile started tugging at his lips.  Luhan pouted and grumbled something.  Kai patted his back and moved it away while making a sizzling sound.  "Something's burning alright," he said and laughed harder.  Luhan glared at him before turning back to Sehun.

"What if you just combusted all of a sudden because of that jacket?" Luhan asked.  "You're gonna start screaming and running in circles before you pass out from being an idiot.  Then the cops are gonna come and wonder why you're dead.  All they're gonna find out is that you caught on fire out of nowhere.  You're gonna end up looking lke fried chicken."

"You're logic is unbelievable," Sehun said.

"Yup," Luhan said.  "And it's saying we should get bubbletea."

"No," everybody said in unison.  Luhan pouted and huffed out 'fine' before turning back to the front.

"We're almost there Luhannie," Taemin said.  "And speaking of chicken, Onew told me to tell you and Jonginnie something like, a month ago."

"Are you sure Taeminnie hyung?" Kai asked.  "A month ago?"

"Yeah," Taemin said.  "Onew is throwing a late birthday party for Jonghyun later and it starts in three hours.

"," Luhan said.  "Wasn't his birthday a few days ago?  I fuggot to buy him a present."

"I forgot to buy his present also," Taemin said.  "And yes it was a few days ago.  We decided to doit today cause he won't expect it and is going on a date with Key."

"Oh," Kai said.  "He's mad at me so I should get him something."

"We're here," Luhan said.  He walked onto the familiar driveway and headed towards the door.  "We could worry about the party later.  I'll just give him a cheap guitar pick or something."

"You're friend must be loved," Sehun said sarcastically.

"And that's why we're taking you with us," Taemin said. 

Sehun looked at the older with a confused expression.  "Why?" he asked.

"Cause out of all of us, you know Jonghyun the least," Chen said.  "You're kinda dull so you should make new friends... Oh yeah, you haven't even met Onew yet,"

"Gee, thanks, Sehun said.  He was gonna aske who Onew was but was interrupted by Luhan.

"Are you guys gonna continue to stand there or are you gonna come inside?" he yelled from the open doorway.  The group filed in and found Kyungsoo sitting on the couch."What are you doing here?"

Kyungsoo turned around to look at the entering fellow highschoolers.  "Me and Key are doing a baking contest," he explained.  "I'm baking a cake here while he bakes his at Onew's house.  We have to be done before their date."

"Don't make an ice cream cake then," Xiumin said.  "It's gonna melt by the time you get there."

"Or combust," Luhan said and looked at Sehun.

"Burning would be better," Sehun said and met the shorter's gaze. "Ssssssssssssssssssss."

"You must be a ing idiot to challenge me head on like that," Luhan said.

Kyungsoo looked at the two and tilted the head to the side.  "Are you two dating?" he asked.

"No!" the two shouted in unison.

~UNIMPORTANT FLASHBACK~

"You remembered," Sehun said.

"Yup," Luhan said.  "Climbing stairs are a pain.  Why did we choose the roof again?"

Sehun shrugged.  "I don't know," he said.  "I like this place."

"... so, about the dog thing," Luhan said awkwardly deciding to get straight to the point. "What are your thoughts about it?"

"..." Sehun thought for a while.  "Well... you're not as heavy as I thought you would be."

Luhan nodded.  "I noticed that I look fat." he said.

"No you don't," Sehun said.

"Yes I do," Luhan said and put his hands up to his face.  "My cheeks almost look like Xiumin's."

"You look fine," Sehun said.  "Now why are we here?"

"I was thinking," Luhan said.  "Should we date?"

Sehun's eyes widened.  "Ummmmm, I don't know," he said as heat started to rush to his cheeks.

"... You're right," Luhan said.  "You're interesting, but I don't like you like that.  I was just curious cause I've never dated before."

"I haven't either," Sehun said.  "But I don't plan on being used as an experiment."

"I thought so," Luhan said.  "We should probably go now.  The others are probably wondering where we are."

~FLASHBACK END~

"What are you looking at?" Kyungsoo asked.  

"Having a dramatic flashback," Luhan said.  "Let's just go to my room to fininsh homework and then I can make something out of paper and try to pull it off as a present."

"You do that," Taemin said.  "I'll just draw a happy face on a rock or something."

"Sehun," Luhan said.  "You could give him your sweater.  He said being short doesn't make him look hot enough."

"Are you seriously going back to that topic?" Sehun asked. 

"Ssssssssssssssssssss," Luhan said.  "It's not deer burning, it's a dull guy's flesh."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally updated^^  I'm mad though.  I went to a concert in L.A. and I lost my phone over there.  I'm so pissed that I still can't find it and that I think it's stolen.  The only bright side to it was that when I went to the lost and found, it was inside the gate with where the idols were leaving.  Like, there was a gate seperating the idols from the fans after the concert and I was on the same side as the idols.  I think I saw Key from SHINee up close but it could've been someone else.  Not sure cause his back was turned while he entered the bus :(  SHINee is my favorite band so if I was sure it was him then I probably would've freaked out if I wasn't so worried about my phone.  Anyways, sorry for the long message after not updating for so long, thanks for reading.