Nostalgia

unlucky(?) life

Chen was walking onto the campus when he saw Xiumin.  He gave a small smile before slowly creeping up behind him and giving him a backhug.

"What do you call a cute door?" he asked the startled male.

Xiumin blinked a few times.  He recognized the voice and his lips slowly curved upward.  "I don't know," he said.

"A-door-able," Chen said.  "Just like you."

Xiumin blushed a little.  "You're so cheesy," he said.

Chen pecked him on the cheek and let go of the other.  He took Xiumin's hand and swung them back and forth, a smile never leaving his lips.

"I heard Henry is gonna let us play outside today," Xiumin said.

"Yeah, I know," Chen said.  He started humming a tune.  Both of them were enjoying the silence as they walked to class.

------------

They walked into class and saw Luhan staring out the window.  They went to him.  Chen snapped his fingers in front of his face, quickly grabbing Luhan's attention.  

"What do you want?" Luhan asked.

"Nothing," Xiumin said.  "What are you thinking about?"

"I wasn't thinking about anything," Luhan said.  :Just looking out the window."  He turned to the window and gave a small smile.  "It's a nice day."

Xiumin sat down in front of him.  "Yup.  I heard Henry is gonna let us play outside," he said.

"Play makes it sound childish," Luhan said.  "We're not ten."

Chen went up to Luhan and hugged him.  "But you are our child Luhannie~" he said. 

Xiumin's face darkened a little.  Luhan noticed the change of expression and smirked.

"You're the umma?" he asked.  Xiumin nodded and Chen had a smug look.

The bell rang and the two were forced to go to their seats.  Henry came in and clapped his hands together.  

"We're going outside!" he said enthusiastically.  The class cheered.  "But!"  The class immediately became silent.  Henry walked to his desk and picked up a paper airplane.  The students looked watched him curiously as he threw the plane towards them.  The plane glided in the air before landing on Kai's desk.  Kai picked it up and inspected it.  He noticed some writing.  He peeled off the layers of paper that was folded.  He slowly unfolded it and read the message written in the plane.  He became speechless at the sight of the letters and looked up to see Henry smiling.

"Are you seriously doing this?" Kai asked.

Henry nodded.  "It's not like anyone was gonna volunteer," he said.

Kai frowned and looked at the message again.

You are gonna take care of Yoda

--------------

Kai sat on the cement with the dog and watched his classmates play red light green light.  He stared unamused as they ran when Henry called green light and tried to stop when he called red light.  He pet the dog and started playing with his shoe lace.  He was bored and it was obvious no one was gonna win the game any time soon because they were all turned back to the starting line.  He learned that Henry could be a tricky bastard.

After five more minutes,  Henry let the students do what they want because he was getting tired and no one even made it half way. 

"You can't play red light green light with a ghetto class," he said.  "They cross red lights anyway."  He chuckled at his own joke and his class glared at him.  "What?  It's true.  You see teens drinking, smoking, and doing drugs.  Give them a car and it's hell.  Trust me.  I let my cousin Kyuhyun drive once."

Luhan stared at the cement for a moment before ge got a moment of clarity.  "Oh," he said.  "I get it.  I thought you were just talking about the game."

The students mentally facepalmed.  Luhan blushed a little and Chen went to him.  He patted him on the back.

"It's okay," he said.  "You're just tired."

Luhan blushed a little more and Xiumin bursted out in laughter.  'How is this a prestigious high school?' Henry thought.

Sehun walked to Kai and sat next to him.  He sighed and started petting Yoda.  

"I wish we switched roles.  I'm tired,"  he said.  He took off his sweater and spread it out on the cement.  He layed down while trying to catch his breath.  Yoda jumped on his stomache and Sehun cringed a little.  Kai got up and yawned.  His legs were feeling a little sore from sitting so long.  He stretched before sitting down again.  He looked at Sehun and his eyes showed a little sadness in them.  Sehun pulled his sleeves down a little when he saw Kai staring at him. The dog tilted it's head.  It looked side to side and jumped off of Sehun's stomache.  It ran into a direction and Sehun had to turn his head to see the dog Luhan's hand.  

Luhan rested his head on Xiumin's lap and fell asleep.  He woke up a few minutes later when he felt something on his hand.  He opened his eyes and saw Yoda.  He gave the dog a small smile and the dog barked happily before jumping onto Luhan's lap and curling up into a small furry ball.  Luhan it's fur and the dog closed it's eyes.  He started humming a small tune.  A wave of nostalgia came over him and tears brimmed his eyes.  The dog fell asleep and Luhan continued to hum the tune with sorrow laced in it.  Xiumin noticed how the tune got sadder and hugged the boy.

"You miss singing don't you?" he asked.

Luhan nodded and let a tear slip through.  "I feel like an idiot," he said.  "I've done so many crazy things, yet I'm afraid to sing."

Xiumin gave him a sad smile.  "You can come to us if you need help with anything," he said.  Luhan nodded.

~~~~~~~

This chapter is pretty short.