Home

unlucky(?) life

Tao got out of his school early for it was shortened because of unknown reasons.  Having heard of this, Luhan asked a favor the day before. Tao, deciding to pull a kind act, said yes. 

He stopped his car and stared at the building in front of him. He looked at his address then back at the building. He blinked a few times and brought his eyebrows together in confusion then decided to check again. The address on his phone and on the building were the same.  He checked his phone and looked at the time. 'He should be having lunch now.' Tao thought. He typed in a few numbers on his phone before pressing the call button and putting it to his ear. The phone rang a few times before he got an answer.

'Hello?' Luhan answered.

"Hey Luhan," Tao said.

'What do you want, Tao? I almost got in trouble in class because my phone was ringing. You're lucky it was almost lunch,' Luhan said.

Tao sighed. "Remember how you wanted me to pick up your cousin?" Tao asked.

'Yeah. Why? Did you get him yet?' Luhan said.

"No," Tao answered.

'Why not? Shouldn't you be there by now?' Luhan asked.

"I think you gave me the wrong address," Tao replied.

'What do you mean?' Luhan asked.

"You gave me the address to an asylum," Tao answered.

'No, you got the right address,' Luhan said. 'Didn't I tell you yesterday?'

"No! You did not tell me anything. You only gave me the address and told me to pick him up," Tao said.

'Oops. Guess it slipped my mind,' Luhan said. 'Well good luck, see you at home.' He hung up.

"..." Tao was speechless. He banged his head on his steering wheel and stayed in that position for awhile before getting up and heading inside the building.

-----------------

Luhan closed his phone before sighing. He still didn't know why he decided to tutor Sehun and Kai but couldn't decline when his teacher offered extra credit.  He glumly got up and made his way to Chen and Xiumin.

"Did something happen?" Chen asked before scooting over in his chair and letting Luhan sit. They decided to eat in the classroom today. 

"I told Mr. Lee I would tutor Sehun and Kai for extra credit," He said.

"My poor baby," Xiumin said while hugging the sad Luhan. "It can't be that bad can it?"

"... I'm not sure about Kai, but I think Sehun hates me and will probably try to make the tutoring session hell for me," Luhan said.

"What makes you think that?" Chen asked.

"I kicked a soccerball and it hit his face," Luhan replied.

"Well that happens a lot so maybe he won't be mad because he had many unlucky events happening after that," Chen said.

"But wouldn't that mean he will be angry and need something to get rid of his stress? What if he uses violence for that? What if he uses me and kills me?" Luhan said.

"Well he does have that scary face on but he could be nice," Xiumin said.

"..." Chen and Luhan turned to stare at Xiumin.

Luhan sighed. "Maybe... But do you guys think you can come over just in case?" Luhan asked.

"Sure," Xiumin replied.

"Actually we can't go," Chen said. Both boys looked at him with questioning looks. "I have to finish setting up my prank and Xiumin needs to practice."

Xiumin widened his eyes. "Oh yeah! Damn I totally forgot about that."

"Practice for what?" Luhan asked.

"Nothing you need to know about," Xiumin said.

"Okay," Luhan said.

-------------------

School ended and Luhan said bye to his two friends. He then proceeded to walk home with Sehun and Kai to his house.  He was silent, but Sehun and Kai seemed to be in deep conversation about something. Luhan couldn't hear because they were whispering but picked up a few words. He wasn't really interested but he became curious when he heard Kai say something about a penguin jar. 

They arrived at his house and Luhan turned aroud two the two boys who started to have an arguement about the penguin jar. Luhan looked unamuse and watched the bickering before clearing his throat.  "We're here," he said while pushing up his glasses.

"Oh... Sorry about that," Kai said realising that they stopped in front of a house. The house was pretty big but not as big as Kai's or Sehun's. Luhan unlocked the door and lead them in.

"Back!" Luhan yelled. "And I brought people."

Lay woke up from his nap upon hearing the deer. His vision was still blurry from waking up but when he saw the two figures near Luhan, he threw his hard cover copy of Twilight at them. 

"Yah! Chen! Who said you could get away with spilling powder on my scrapbook. I was sneezing for like an hour!" Lay yelled.

"Chen's not here," Luhan said. 

Lay blinked while trying to rub the sleep from his eyes. When his vision became clearer, he realised that it was not Xiumin and Chen but Kai and Sehun at the door. To make things even more embarressing for Lay, his book hit Sehun right in the stomache.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" Lay yelled. "...Luhan you handle it. I only have business with Chen." He crossed his arms and put them on the table then snuggled his head into them resuming his earlier position. He soon fell asleep.

Luhan just stared at the unicorn before turning to Sehun. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. 

"Do you need ice for that?" Luhan asked.

Sehun just glared before straightening his position. "I'm fine," he said. Kai just stayed silent.

"Okay let's go to my room," Luhan said. He then headed towards his room with the other two following. They then went into a huge light gray colored room. It had a huge bed in one corner and a desk with a computer in another. There was a huge shelf with an assortment of books and albums.  A door connected the room to a closet and a big window filled up half the wall near the bed. There was a fluffy rug on the ground and a drawer next to the bookshelf. 

The two stared for they were not expecting this.  The room had many dark colors but still looked cheerful. The bookshelf was black with skulls painted on. It would've looked creepy if it weren't for the deer plushies decorating the top. The curtains were black and red, it gave an impression of blood coming down when the wind blows but the view of the flowery garden in the backyard said otherwise. The desk looked like it could break any minute because it had ugly scratchmarks on it like a monster tried to cut it, but the picture of baby Luhan at the beach and laptop covered with cute stickers made it look harmless. The bed and the walls also gave the same impression, scary but then normal with added things.

"So, this is my room," Luhan said.

"Wow... you have a unique style," Sehun said.

"I'm not sure if I should be depressed or not," Kai said.

"I can be emo sometimes," Luhan replied. 

"I'm back!" Luhan heard Tao say from downstairs.

Luhan sighed. "Let's get something to eat before we study," he said.