Text

unlucky(?) life

Kai was sitting on the floor at Sehun's house and watching TV.  He was bored and he was hungry.  Sehun was doing his homework so he had nothing to do.  He got up to get snacks and came back to see his phone vibrate indicating he got a text message.  He checked it and his expression darkened.  It was a text from Onew.  'Why is he suddenly bringing the topic up now?' he thought.

From: Onew

To:   Kai

Do you remember Taemin?

--------------------------

AN HOUR LATER~

Sehun got out of his room and saw Kai sitting on the floor.  "What's wrong?" he asked when he noticed the depressed atmosphere?

"..." Kai was quiet and played with the carpet.  Sehun sat beside him. It was silent for a while.

"Yah. You're ruining my mood.  Tell me what's wrong," he said while poking the gloomy figure beside him.

Kai sighed.  "It's a long story," he said.

"Tell me," Sehun persisted.

Kai sighed again. "I used to have a favorite hyung," he said. Sehun nodded at him to continue.

"And?" Sehun asked when Kai stayed quiet.

"His name was Taemin...  He was six years older than me and I met him when I was in kindergarten. He came to me when he was volunteering there with his class.  He played with me when no one else would and made the other kids stop teasing me because of my dark skin..." Kai was trying hard to hold back his tears.  "He went to China seven years ago... and two years later I got a message that he died." He slowly let his tears spill. "I tried not to think about him, but I miss him so much." 

Sehun felt pity and hugged his friend.  "It's okay," he said.

Kai kept on crying.  "W-we n-n-never really talked about it, me and t-the other people I used to hang out with when T-taemin was alive, but Onew texted me," he said trying hard to form the words while crying.  "He asked me if I remember Taemin and now I can't help it.  Memories keep rushing back."

Sehun rubbed his back soothingly. "I'm sorry for your loss," he said.

Kai's silent crying has now became loud sobbing.  He tried to suppress his tears but they kept coming.  Sehun has never seen his friend so vulnerable.

---------------------

Luhan was doing his homework. He was concentrating on a math problem when his text notification went off.  Luhan snapped out of his concentration and looked around for his phone.  When he spotted it on his bed, he picked it up and the screen.  He opened the text and his eyebrows came together in confusion.  

From: Onew

To:   Luhan

It's been awhile.  Come over.  I have a surprise.

Luhan stared at the message for a while before replying.

From: Luhan

To: Onew

What happened? Is something wrong?

From: Onew

To: Luhan

Secret~

Luhan sighed. 

From: Luhan

To:  Onew

Now? 

From: Onew

To: Luhan

Tomorrow is fine

From: Luhan

To: Onew

Okay

Luhan threw his phone on his bed.  'What could that guy want now?' he thought.

-------------------------

The next day Luhan entered the classroom and sat in his desk.  He was staring out the window with many thoughts filling his mind. 'What does Onew want with me?  It's been five years since we saw eachother... right?  Did something happen?  We never really talked ever since Taemin died.' his thoughts were interrupted when Kai came into the room with a gloomy atmosphere.  Kai slumped down in his seat and seemed to be in need of comfort. He was gonna go over there but didn't know what he could do for the boy.  How can he solve his problem when he can't even solve his own?  Luhan turned his attention away from the boy and returned to his puzzling thoughts.  

Hours passed by with Luhan reluctantly breaking away from his thoughts and paying attention to teacher.  He still had to win the bet and he could figure out why Onew needed him later.  The bell rang signalling lunchtime and students left the classroom.  Xiumin and Chen caame to Luhan's desk. 

"What are you thinking about?" Chen asked.

"Onew wants me to go to his house afterschool," Luhan said.

"Why?" Xiumin asked.

"I don't know. He said it was a surprise," Luhan replied.

"Do you think something is wrong?" Xiumin asked.

"Who knows," he said.

Just then Chanyeol and Baekhyun came into the classroom.  Both boys strode over to Luhan.

"Thank you guys for saving Sehun. We wouldn't know what would've happened if you didn't do what you did," Baekhyun said.

Luhan gave them a small smile.  "It's not like I had anything bettter to do," he said. 

"But what you did was amazing.  It's not everyday that a nerd saves a person being held hostage," Chanyeol said.  He gave Luhan a hug which earned him glares from Xiumin and Chen.  "Thank you so much for saving our maknae."

Luhan who was shocked at the sudden affection just nodded.  "Oh yeah, Chanyeol right?" he asked the giant.

Chanyeol nodded and smiled. "Yup! That's me," he said.

Luhan reached into his overstuffed backpack and pulled out a big jacket. "You gave me this when we were waiting for Suho," he said. "Thank you for letting me wear it."

Chanyeol grinned and took the sweater. "No problem little Luhan," he said.  Him and Baekhyun then strode off to where Sehun and Kai were.

"Did that oversized smiley face just call me little?" Luhan said a little pissed. Xiumin and Chen held tried to hold in their laughter.

"Don't let it get to you," Chen said. "You're still a child so of course you're little." At this, Xiumin bursted out laughing and Luhan started to get even more mad.

------------------------

AFTERSCHOOL~

Tao dropped Luhan off at Onew's house and Luhan went up to the door.  He pressed the doorbell and the door opened a few seconds later.  On the other side showed Kyungsoo.  

"Long time no see, Kyungsoo," Luhan said then smiled.

Kyungsoo smiled back. "You too, Luhan," he said and stepped back so Luhan can enter the house.  

Luhan enterred the house and froze when he saw a figure sitting on the couch.  His eyes widened and he thought he was hallucinating.  He looked like a deer staring at headlights.

"T-Taemin?" Luhan managed to get out.

Taemin turned his attention toward the frozen figure. He stared at Luhan for a while until there was a flicker of recognition. "Can you be... Luhannie?" he said.

Luhan snapped out of his trance. "H-how are you alive?!?!?!?!?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if you guys are really confused now.  I will try to explain everything in the next chapter.  There would also be a lot of drama but I'm not sure if I want to explain everything so maybe not.  I'm gonna skip to the end of the semester in the next chapter because I don't know what else to write for this semester.