Lessons

unlucky(?) life

Italics is singing

Luhan Xiumin Chen Baekhyun Chanyeol Kyungsoo


"How about you try A?"

SCREEEEEEEEEEE!

"Now then do B and E after that."

SCREEEEEEEDSFSDFDGMFNMSDNGFHJMFG

Henry sighed.  "Try again," he said and leaned back in his chair.  When he didn't hear any noise coming from the violin, he turned to Chanyeol who was staring at something behind him.  Henry turned around to see what captured the giant's attention and wasn't surprised when he saw Baekhyun.  "YAH!" Henry yelled and Chanyeol jumped.

"That scared me," Chanyeol mumbled.  "What did you want?"

"Try again," Henry said.  "Do A and then do first finger B and then cross to first finger E."

Henry frowned when Chanyeol made more screeching noises that shouldn't come from a violin.  He didn't want to teach the younger but Luhan somehow heard about Chanyeol's parents wanting Chanyeol to learn a new instrument since they own a music store and all.  The deer like boy thought it would be a good idea to reccomend violin and tell them about Henry who happens to be great at teaching since he was their sub and he knows how to play violin.  Henry was reluctant at first but when money was mentioned, he took the job.  Now they are at the music store because Chanyeol's parents want to keep track of their son's progress.

It wasn't that Chanyeol was bad at violin.  He was actually a quick learner and was able to read notes pretty fast.  The only problem was that there was always a screeching sound whenever he played.

"How's practice?" Luhan asked.  He got tired of looking at the instruments in the store and rolled over to check on how they're doing.  Since people have gotten too lazy to carry him, he was forced to use the wheel chair he hated so much.

"It's okay," Henry said.  "Are you sure you made the right descision to have me teach him violin?"

Luhan nodded.  "You taught Lay and me how to play piano.  Even though I forgot most of the keys and notes, I still remember how to play a song."

Henry frowned.  "I taught you everything I knew in the last three weeks.  How did you forget it already?"

Luhan looked away.  "I didn't bother to remember anything."

"What's the name of the song?" Chanyeol asked.

Luhan shrugged.  "I forgot the name."

"You should play the song and see if we know it," Kai said as he walked in with Sehun behind him.

Luhan thought for a moment.  "But I don't know where the pia- Oh look it was right behind me."  Luhan tried to turn in his chair but failed so he turned to the others for help.  Kai helped him and Sehun glared at the tan male because it was supposed to be his job.  "Do you want me to sing too?"

The group nodded.  Luhan cleared his throat and started playing.

This world will never be, what I expected

And if I don't belong, who would've guessed it

I will not leave alone everything that I own

To make you feel like it's not too late, it's never too late

Even if I say: "It will be alright"

Still I hear you say you want to end your life...

Now and again we try to just stay alive

Maybe we'll turn it around 'cause it's not too late, it's never too late

"This song sounds familiar," Sehun said.

Kai nodded.  "I showed it to you before a long time ago."

Sehun thought for a moment and realized his friend was right.  "Oh.  I've been trying to remember what song it was," he said.  "Why did you make me listen to it?"

Kai shrugged.  "I got tired knowing you were cutting yourself so I thought this will help you rethink or at least snap back to reality."

Sehun's eyes widened in shock.  "You knew?!"

Kai sighed.  "I'm not stupid Sehun.  Baekhyun and Chanyeol also knew about it."

"Well you are stupid," Sehun said and Kai glared at him. "... but thank you."

Kai shrugged.  "It's what friends are for."

Even if I say: "It will be alright"

Still I hear you say you want to end your life...

Now and again we try to just stay alive

Maybe we'll turn it around 'cause it's not too late, it's never too late

The world we knew won't come back

The time we've lost can't get back

Thhe life we had won't be ours again

This world will never be, what I expected

And if I don't belong...

Even if I say: "It will be alright"

Still I hear you say you want to end your life...

Now and again we try to just stay alive

Maybe we'll turn it around 'cause it's not too late, it's never too late

Maybe we'll turn it around 'cause it's not too late, it's never too late

It's not too late, it's never too late

Luhan ended the song and the group clapped as well as a few other people in the store.  

"I didn't know you listen to this kind of music," Chanyeol said.  "The song is hecka old."

Luhan pushed himself away from the piano and gracefully came close to crashing into a guitar.  "I was bored and I found this video somewhere."

"I'm impressed but I still think I wasted my life teaching you piano," Henry said.

"I can't believe you thought I was serious about that," Luhan said.  "I didn't even give you a good reason to teach me piano."

"What was his reason?" Kai asked.

"Well..."

"It was a sunny day.  So sunny that the bottom of the ocean was the coolest place on Earth and the arctic was close too melting... just kidding.  It wasn't that hot but if it was, I'd still be hotter," Luhan said.

Henry rolled his eyes.  "Stop bragging about your looks and tell the story for real."

Luhan pouted.  "Fine."

FLASHBACK~

It was a sunny day.  The heat was average, not too hot or too cold.  There was a slight breeze every now and then.

Henry was walking back from an ice cream shop because he was in the mood for ice cream.  He was almost home when he spotted Luhan playing on his phone while sitting on a park bench.

"What are you doing here Luhan?" Henry asked.

Luhan looked up from his phone, "Oh it's you."  He turned off his phone screen.  "I was waiting for Lay to come back because he was getting... I forgot what it was."

Henry nodded pretending to pay attention.  "He probably forgot about you."

"I know," Luhan said.  "But I remember Lay told me you live around here.  I wanna see what kind of lifestyle you have and if you have any food I can eat."

"So you basically want to come to my house and steal my food?" Henry asked.

Luhan shrugged.  "Is it really stealing if I'm eating the food while I'm eating the food in the house?"

"If you don't ask permission, yes," Henry said.

"Then yes," Luhan answered Henry's question.  "So you gonna carry me there or nah? I'm a cripple and I can't run if someone suddenly comes toward me with a gun or if a driver decides to be an idiot and try to crash into me."

Henry rolled his eyes.  "That's never gonna happen."

"There's a possibility," Luhan said.

---------------

After eating a bunch of snacks that Henry had in his lower cabinets, Luhan couldn't eat anymore.  Mainly because Henry put the snacks to a higher place that Luhan couldn't reach.  He even went as far as moving the stuff at the bottom of the fridge to cramming it all on the top shelf.  Luhan is now stuck with nibbling on a carrot.

Luhan's foot was tied to the living room couch to keep him away from the kitchen and there was a little gate in between the doorway from the living room to the kitchen that is usually used to keep pets and babies from going to the other side.  It was a small gate that people can usually get over if they were tall enough but Luhan couldn't, he would need to stand if he wanted to get to the other side.

"Was this really necessary?" Luhan asked while pressing random keys on the grand piano that happened to be next to the couch.

"Considering that I need to go grocery shopping again since you ate all the carrots and snacks, yes," Henry yelled from the kitchen.

Luhan huffed.  "It was because you took away the snacks that I started eating the carrots."

"I thought you said you didn't like carrots," Henry said.

"It's okay," Luhan said.

Henry appeared in the kitchen doorway and got over the small gate.  He gave a bowl of cereal to the bored looking Luhan.

Luhan glanced at it.  "No milk?"

"You drank it all," Henry said.

Luhan glared at him and went back to pressing random keys on the piano.  "Hey Henry, did you know that if you teach me how to play piano something magical will happen?"

FLASHBACK END~

"And that's what happened," Luhan said.

"... that's it?" Kai asked.

Luhan and Henry nodded.

"Why did Henry have a gate?" Chanyeol asked.

"I bought it because the annoying dog couldn't stay in one place while I took care of it," Henry said.  "It's actually pretty convenient."

"I don't see how buying a door that belongs to a jail cell is convenient," Luhan said.

"It was only two and a half feet tall," Henry said.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA shortie." Chanyeol started laughing and Luhan pouted.

"I like his height," Sehun said and hugged his new boyfriend.  They just made their relationship official an hour ago.  "What was the point of the rest of the story?"

"I wanted to tell you guys of how I was suffering and being starved to death," Luhan said.

Henry scoffed.  "You ate all my snacks and carrots and I gave you cereal afterwards."

Luhan rolled his eyes.  "There was no milk." he argued.

"At least you got food," Henry said.  "Lay told me about what you did this morning."

"What did he do this morning?" Sehun asked.

Luhan looked away while Henry started telling the story.  "Luhan woke up and constantly complained that he was hungry.  Instead of actually getting up to get food to eat, he starved himself and became even more hungry by spending an hour in his room watching videos of how to cook food."

"That is the stupidest thing I ever heard," Kai said.

"Shut up," Luhan said.

Baekhyun walked in the room.  "Hey you guys, the dance is gonna start in two hours.  We should head home and get ready."

"Oh I almost forgot about that," Henry said.  "I'm supposed to chaperone."

"Cool," Kai said.  "No adults stopping me from stealing the spotlight."

Baekhyun laughed.  "I remember when that one teacher Kyuhyun pushed you off the stage so he could show off his rapping skills last year."

"Yeah... let's not talk about that again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next chapter is the last :(  Sorry I took too long to update but i didn't know how to start off the chapter.  It's not a good chapter but i tried.

The song Luhan sang: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qOvNgEsZ9s (Three days grace - Never too late)

The song has been in my head for a while so I decided to put it in the story