Party-part 1

unlucky(?) life

"Wow guys... I feel loved," Jonghyun said sarcastically as he walked into the room and eyed the decorations.  "I still feel special after two weeks."  

"Drop that sarcasm or else you won't get any cake," Key said.

"I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!" Jonghyun yelled.  "This is such a surprise!  I thought you guys forgot."

"That's Taemin's fault," Onew said.  "We were supposed to do this on the actual day of your birthday but then Taemin forgot to invite the people so we had to move the date."

"Why two weeks later?" Jonghyun asked.

"Because he forgot the other five times we rescheduled and we decided to just make this the last time and have you wait until next year." Key said.

"At least I remembered this time," Taemin said and threw a poorly wrapped present at the birthday boy.  

"Wow," Jonghyun said while holding the mess of paper in his hands.  "I wonder how many minutes you took just to wrap this."

"Minutes?" Chen asked.  "It only took him three seconds to do that."

"I was busy," Taemin said.

"Making faces in the mirror and sleeping does not count as busy," Kai said.

"Respect. Your. Hyung.," Taemin said though gritted teeth.

"Well," Luhan said.  "I was nice enough to actually spend... I think three minutes on your present."

"In total," Chen said.  "That includes finding supplies, making some weird arts and craft thing, shoving it in a box, and wrapping."

"... I was busy," Luhan said.

"Jumping on your bed until you got tired and fell off is not busy," Xiumin said.

"You didn't even last five minutes," Chen said cracking up.

"Pssssh," Luhan said.  "How was I supposed to know I left my stuffed deer there?  I wouldn't have slipped on it if someone didn't put it there."

"And that someone just so happens to be you," Sehun said.

"Who else would have done it?!?!" Luhan said.  "Did that stuffed deer look like a ing unicorn to you?"

"No?" Sehun answered with a confused expression.

"Did it look like some fluffy panda?" Luhan asked.

"No," Sehun answered again.

"Then now you know it wasn't Tao or Lay," Luhan said and stormed to the kitchen. 

"What did that kid call my Mr. Fluffy?!" Lay asked in an angry tone.  He started to head toward the kitchen also but Xiumin held him back.

"That kid better not have said that about Rainbow," Tao said while suddenly appearing at the doorway. 

"Aren't you supposed to be at home practicing your wushu?" Kris asked.

"I finished already and came here," Tao said.

"So... Lay likes pandas and Tao likes unicorns?" Suho asked Chen.

"No," Chen said.  "It's the other way around."

"What do you mean?" Suho asked.  

"Mr. Fluffy is Lay's favorite stuffed unicorn.  Rainbow is Tao's stuffed panda," Chen explained.

"Why would Tao name his panda Rainbow then?" Suho asked.

"Because we spilled a bunch of paint on it and it became ranbow colored," Chen said.  "We threw the thing in the washer and added a bunch of bleach but then only some of it came off.  You can recognize it as a panda but where it was black is now all rainbow and there are white spots here and there.  It looks cool but at first glance, you would think its deformed."

"Oh..." Suho said.

"Are we gonna complain about your stuffed friends or are we gonna get this party started?" Key asked.

"Might as well just open your presents now," Luhan said walking out of the kitchen with a cookie in his hand.  He went to his bag and put the cookie in his mouth so he could open it.  He pulled out another poorly wrapped present and threw it at Jonghyun who caught it.

"Oh yeah," Kai said and rushed to his bag.  He pulled out an object that actually looked decently wrapped and handed it to the late birthday boy.

"Thank you Jongin," Jonghyun said, grateful that he didn't get something thrown at him again.

"I prefer Kai but I suppose it's okay for you to call me Jongin," Kai said.  "Taemin and Kyungsoo do it."

"That's not true," Taemin said.  "I call you Jonginnie."

Kai sighed.  "Where did you get the cookie Luhan?" he asked.

"Kyunsoo is making them in the kitchen," Luhan said.  "He kicked me out so I don't think you could go in there."

"Here's you present Jonghyun," Onew said out of nowhere and held out an object.  The wrapping paper he used to wrap it was patterned with colorful chickens.

Key sighed and also pulled out a wrapped gift out of nowhere.  "Don't just stand there," he said.  "Open them already."

"Oh!" Jonghyun said and knelt down to sit on the floor.  He placed the presents down and started unwrapping the one from Taemin.  He easily tore off the paper and frowned at what he saw.  "Tae?"

"What?" Taemin asked.

"Is this a rock?" Jonghyun asked.

"Yup," Taemin said.  "You should start a collection."

"... No thanks," Jonghyun said and started unwrapping Luhan's gift.  "Lu?"

"Yes?" asked Luhan.

"Is this your attept on making a deformed dinosaur?" Jonghyun asked.

"Actually," Luhan said.  "It was supposed to be you."

Jonghyun looked at the weird object before putting it down and picking up Kai's present.  He held his breath as he unwrapped the paper and sighed in relief afterwards.  "Finally a decent present," he said as he held out the $15 starbucks giftcard.

"Glad you like it hyung," Kai said.  "There's probably about five dollars left on it though."

Jonghyun sighed and picked up the next gift wrapped present.  "Who's this from?" he asked as he held out what looked like a gift wrapped poster.  Chen and Xiumin both raised their hands and he started unwrapping the thing... and continued to unwrap it.  "Where is the present?" he asked when he noticed there was no more wrapping paper left.

"You just tore it up," Xiumin said. 

"What do you mean?" Jonghyun asked.

"We got you wrapping paper," Chen said before he began laughing at Jonghyun's expression.  

"You know what?" Jonghyun said.  He started to tear the wrapping paper off the rest of the presents like a mad man and sighed when he was done.  He looked down at the presents and noticed that he got a necklace, a baseball bat, and a guitar.  "At least these are good."

"So... let's have cake and then move on to Luhan's birthday." Kyungsoo said when he left out to see what Jonghyun was complaining about.

"And Sehun's," Kai said.  "Baekhyun and Chanyeol are coming over later."

"Wait," Luhaan said.  "Why are we celebrating my birthday also?"

Many of the people in the room faacepalmed.  "Did you seriously forget?" Taemin asked.

"Forget what?" Luhan asked.

"Today is your birthday," Kyungsoo said.

Luhan's eyes widened.  "," he said.  "I fuggot all about it."

Jonghyun pouted.  "You remember his birthday but not mine?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I haven't been able to update recently.  I'm actually really tired right now so this chapter isn't that good.  I will try to update again later today with them celebrating Luhan and Sehun's birthday in the next chapter.  Still couldn't find my phone :(