Business

unlucky(?) life

"A duck was at the gym and he was stuck between two waterbottles and a man was holding a gym bag in front of him.  What does he do?"  Chen asked the next day at lunch.  He was worried at stared at the hunched figure in front of him.

"I don't know the answer but that joke already doesn't make sense," Xiumin said.  He was becoming worried also and nervously glanced at the figure.

Luhan sighed.  The two looked at him with hope but were disappointed when he didn't even lift his head up.  His head was on the desk and people would've thought he was sleeping if it weren't for the constant sighing.

"What's wrong with him?" Sehun asked when he strode over with his group.

"I don't know," Chen said.  "He's been like that ever since he was with me when I was trying to practice driving."  Everybody stared at him.

"Do you even have a liscence?" Baekhyun asked.

"No," Chen said.  "That's why I said practice."

"So," Kai said.  "You basically almost murdered your child by trying to drive and now he's in shock."

"No," Chen said.  "I'm like a master at driving."

"Then why is he like that?" Chanyeol asked.

Xiumin sighed.  "Well... it's Luhan we're talking about," he said.  "It could either be a bad experience in a car, which is highly unlikely, or the reason he had to sit in the back and was forced to listen to Chen sing along to Justin Beiber because his arm was to short to change the song."

"I want to cry," Luhan mumbled.  "But I can't."

"... He talked!" Chen said cheerfully.

Xiumin glared at him.  "You shouldn't be so happy considering he just said he wants to cry," he said.  He knelt down and hugged the depressed male.  "I'm sorry Chen is an idiot."

Luhan shook his head.  "I already knew he was an idiot," he said and Chen pouted.  "I'm just sad because I actually memorized the lyrics and kinda wanted to sing along."

"That's stupid," Sehun said.  Luhan threw a book in his direction without looking up and Sehun ducked.  It was too late though.  He got hit on the head and the corner of the book cut his forehead.  "Watch your strength!" 

"You should've ducked," Luhan said.

"I did," Sehun said.

"That's the answer," Chen said.  Everybody turned their attention to him.  Luhan even raised his head a little to stare at his stupid off-topic comment.

"Answer to what?" Baekhyun asked.

"The answer to my joke," Chen said.

Chanyeol's ears perked up.  "What was the joke?" he asked.

"Ok," Chen said.  "A duck was at the gym and he was stuck between two waterbottles and a man was holding a gym bag in front of him.  What does he do?"

"Ummmm..." Chanyeol looked like he was in thought and everybody facepalmed.  

"He ducked Chanyeol! He ducked!" Kai yelled at the giant.  

"How would you know that?" Chanyeol asked with a confused expression.

"Because he just said that was the answer," Kai said.  "Were you paying attention?"

Chanyeol shrugged.  "I don't get the joke," he said.  "Why would the duck duck if the gym bag was in front of him?  Shouldn't he go over?"

Everybody, except Luhan who returned to keeping his head down, stared at him.  

"Are you injg serious?" Sehun asked the question everyone wanted to say.  Chanyeol continued to have a confused expression and nodded.

"The guy was holding the gym bag," Xiumin said.  "So the duck ducked under it."

"... oh," Chanyeol said.  He broke out in a smile.  "That's pretty funny."

Luhan raised his head again and slightly leaned toward Sehun.  "It doesn't seem like he was dropped on his head when he was a baby," he whispered.  "Do you think his parents pushed him out of a tree or something?"

Sehun shrugged.  "Don't know," he said.  "But it's a possibility."

"... I wanna cry again," Luhan mumbled.  "This is just sad."

"I can hear your conversation," Baekhyun said.

Luhan sighed.  "But he can't," he looked at Chanyeol.  "He's too tall to hear me from here."

Baekhyun would've argued, but couldn't.  What Luhan said was most likely correct because Chanyeol was still laughing at the joke.  "The bells about to ring soon," Baekhyun said and picked up his backpack.  He wanted to leave for some reason.

"How come Kyungsoo isn't here?" Kai asked before Baekhyun could start towards the door with Chanyeol.

"He's absent because he needs to help Onew with something," Xiumin said.  "Someone tried to steal from their house.  Taemin, Jonghyun, and Key decided to just skip school."

"Oh," he said.  "I almost forgot I'm rich."

"Shut up," Luhan mumbled.  "I don't have access to my money until I become of age.  I only get fifty dollars from my family in China each month."

"Same," Sehun said.  "I'm supposed to get 45% of the Oh fortune when I become of age."

"What kind of company did your family have?" Xiumin asked.

"Food," Sehun said.  "What's yours?"

"Food also," Xiumin said.  "Mostly Chinese dishes.  I met Luhan on a business trip to China."

"So, Luhan is also food?" Chanyeol asked.

"No," Luhan said.  "Sweets.  Stuff like candy and dessert.  Our family are business partners."

"My dad is a famous comedian," Chen said.  "And my mom owns a popular clothing store."

"Cool," Baekhyun said.  "My dad's a fashion designer and my mom's a make-up artist."

"My parents are dance instructors," Kai said.  "They own some popular dance school.  I was supposed to go there, but I refused."

"Better than instruments," Chanyeol said.  "Glad I got out of learning how to play the banjo."

"... That thought scars my mind for some reason," Luhan said.   

"Well," Chen said.  "At least we found some capable-maybe- business partners for the future."

The bell rang a few second after that and the students had to return to their seats.  Chanyeol and Baekhyun left and Henry came in with Yoda.

"Everybody," Henry said.  "I have an announcement."

"What is it?" Xiumin asked.

"Mr. Lee was charged from the hospital yesterday," Henry said.  The class started murmuring.  Shouts of cheering and protests could be heard everywhere.  "But!  He escaped to China so I'm stuck with you guys for another week."

"Oh," Chen said while frowning.  "I thought you were gonna say you were gonna offer to take the dog."

Henry sighed.  "I thought about that," he said.  The class cheered in approval.  "But let's decide that by seeing who he goes to."  The class became quiet and Henry smiled.  He put Yoda down and took a step back.  Yoda happily ran around the classroom.  He stopped near Luhan's desk and bit his pant leg.  Luhan looked up when he finally noticed the dog tugging at his jeans like he was trying to lead him somewhere.  Luhan sighed and reluctantly got up.  He was lead to the other side of the classroom and Yoda stopped tugging.  The class sighed in relief.

"Why did you bring me here?" Luhan asked the dog.  Yoda barked happily and started running around again.  Luhan stared at the dog with a confused expression.  He stood there awkwardly until he decided to go back to his desk.  He started taking a few steps before the dog came back and suddenly charged at him.  Luhan took a step back in surprise and accidently fell.  He waited for the impact until he noticed thast he was actually sitting in Sehun's lap.  They looked at eachother with embarressed expressions.  Luhan was about to get up when Yoda jumped on his lap.  The dog looked at the two embarressed males and barked happily.  The two just stared back dumbfoundedly.  All of a sudden, they heard clapping from Chen.

"And that, my friend, is how cupid does his job." he said and continued clapping.  "All hail the not green but still short and hairy Yoda.  Let us learn from this dog."  

Luhan sat awkwardly in Sehun's lap and the other didn't know what to think.  The class stared before some even started clapping along with Chen.  "I'm gonna kill my appa," Luhan said.

~~~~~~~~~~

...I haven't even started homework TT^TT  I procrastinate too much.  I felt like Yoda wasn't on recently so I decided to make him the matchmaker.  Hopefully I'll be able to add more hunhan in the future.  Thanks for reading.