Fear

unlucky(?) life

The bell rang signalling for the students to go back to class. Sehun came in with clean clothes on. 

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked.

"It's none of your business," Sehun was about to say but stopped when he actually saw genuine concern on the deer's face. "I-I'm fine." He said.

"Okay. It's a good thing you didn't get hurt," Luhan said while giving a small smile.  Sehun just stared before turning away and putting on a pokerface.

"Yeah," he said before sitting in his seat. Luhan just stared at him for a while before seeing Xiumin and Chen entering the class.

"Where did you guys go?" Luhan asked while pouting cutely.

"To the roof to get fresh air because the bun was starting to lose its steam," Chen said while breaking out in laughter.  Luhan and Xiumin just stared with unamused looks.

"Are you hurt? Do you have any bruises? Are you bleeding?" Xiumin asked while rushing to Luhan's side.

"Yes," Luhan said. Xiumin widened his eyes.

"What's wrong? Where does it hurt?" He asked.

"My wallet," Luhan said putting his head down on the desk in shame. "I forgot to study for the test today. Part of the bet is that I have to give Lay a dollar for every problem I miss." he sounded miserable.

"My poor child," Chen said hugging Luhan. "There shouldn't be that many problems."

Xiumin glared at Chen before saying, "He's right. This is just a small test, and if you are worried you could try getting extra time to study by saying you're new."

"It won't work. It's already been two weeks since I've been here so I should already be caught up and I don't even know what this test is about," Luhan said. Xiumin just looked at him in pity and went to his seat when the teacher came in.

"We are doing the test today," Mr. Lee announced upon his entrance. The class groaned and others complained. Many students were worried and other students seemed confident. Mr. Lee passed out the test packet to each row and Luhan widened his eyes when he saw there were 47 questions on the test. He pouted and put his head. 'I'm screwed' he thought, but then looked at the questions and smiled when he realized what kind of test it was.

------------------

Sehun got home and banged his head on the pillow. '.' he thought while he kept banging his head.

"What's wrong?" Suho asked.

"I think I failed the test," he said. "I studied all the wrong parts." He mumbled.

"Well at least you studied," Suho said. "Plus it can't be that bad."

"There were 47 questions and I only knew 3 of them," Sehun complained. "I would've aced that test if I payed attention on what to study."

"Well that's what you get for being pissed all the time," Suho said. "It causes too much stress."

"..."

"What was the test even about?" Suho asked.

Sehun sighed. "It was a test on Chinese literature," he said. "Mr. Lee always does this, he teaches us a bunch of things then give a test on only one of them. It pisses me off."

Suho felt pity for his little brother. "If you need help studying then ask me next time," he said.

"I'll think about," Sehun replied before falling asleep.

-------------------

"That test was easy," Luhan said with a smile forming on his face. Xiumin and Chen nodded in agreement before heading off home. They stopped by a bubbletea shop and decided to get a drink.

"Are you gonna explain now?" Chen asked while they were waiting.

"Explain what?" Luhan asked.

"Explain why you don't want people knowing you can sing," Chen said.

"Oh, that." Luhan said before biting his lips nervously. "Are you really sure you want to know why?" He asked. Both friends nodded and stared at him waiting for the explanation. Luhan took a deep breath. "I have stage fright," he said ashamed.

Both Chen and Xiumin widened their eyes,"WHAT?!?!?!?!?!" they said.

"Are you serious?" Chen asked. Luhan slowly nodded.

"How?" Xiumin asked. "Since when?"

"It started a month ago when I was in the music room. I was trying to sing while I was sick and my voice cracked during my high note. Someone was in there with me and I didn't know. When I went into the cafeteria he told me I at singing in front of everybody. They all laughed at me and I felt ashame.  I tried to prove him wrong by singing but my voice cracked again and they laughed even more." tears were forming Luhan's eyes. "I haven't been able to sing in front of anyone since," he said before letting the tears fall.

"Oh my gosh Lu," Xiumin said hugging him. "You are great at singing no matter what anybody says. Who is this guy? I'll kill him." Xiumin was starting to get angry.

"Don't bother. He's all the way in China," Luhan said. Xiumin softened and Chen sat there quietly. Their order was called and Chen went to go get it since he didn't have anything else to do.

"Well, shall we head out now?" Chen said holding the drinks. Xiumin looked down at Luhan who nodded and they all got up from their seats. The three of them walked out of the shop and went into the direction of Luhan's house.

----------------------

"Back!" Luhan said completely recovered.

"What took you guys so long?" Tao asked.

"We got bubble tea on the way back," Luhan said.

"Oh. Okay," Tao said.

"Where's Lay?" Chen asked.

"Sleeping," Tao replied. Chen smiled and went towards Lay's room.

"Where do you keep your markers?" he asked.

"In that drawer behind you," Luhan said pointing to the drawer behind Chen.

"Why do you need a marker?" Tao asked.

"No big reason," Chen said before taking a marker from the drawer and heading to Lay's room.

Luhan took off his fake glasses and put them on the coffee table. He then took off his hideous sweater and threw it on the couch before laying on it. "I'm tired," he said before yawning. Lay looked at Luhan with a frown.

"I only said you had to act nerdy not dress nerdy," Lay said.

"But where's the fun in that?" Luhan asked. Lay rolled his eyes.

"Where did you get those clothes anyway?" he asked.

"Somewhere," Luhan answered before closing his eyes and falling asleep. Xiumin stared at the sleeping figure for a while before turning toward Lay.

"Hey Lay, can I ask you a question?" he said while biting his lips nervously.

"Sure. What is it?" Lay asked turning toward Xiumin.

"Do you know who made Luhan afraid to sing in front of people?"