Match

unlucky(?) life

Tao didn't know what was worse.  The fact that he twisted his ankle doing wushu or the fact that Kris had to pick him up from school.  He could've asked Lay but the boy was gonna stay after school for something he doesn't care about.  He was sitting in the car quietly while Kris was driving.  There was an uncomfortable silence.

"Sorry you had to go through the trouble of picking me up," Tao said when he couldn't stand the lack of noise.  He kinda felt guilty that Kris had to do this.

"It's fine," Kris said. "It's not like I really had anything to do at home.  I was getting bored."

"Oh," Tao said.  Now that he realizes it, Kris stays at the house alone because the others have school.  He was a little cautious at first around Kris but now he thinks Kris is just as sane as most of the people he know, sometimes more sane than some of the people he knows.  'How did Kris get in the asylum?' Tao kept on wondering.  It seemed to be a question that always came to his mind when he saw the taller, but he was to scared to ask.  He thought about asking Luhan, but decided against it. 

The car was again in an uncomfortable silence.  Kris continued driving while Tao shifted the ice pack on his ankle that the nurse gave him.  His hand was numbing from the coldness and he had to switch his hands every once in a while.  Tao was debating whether to ask the question because his curiosity was killing him.  After thinking some more, he decided to just get it over with before he changes his mind.

"Kris?" he said.

"What?" Kris replied.

"Why ...were you in the asylum? You seem pretty sane to me," Tao asked.  The question shocked Kris but he knew someone was gonna ask it sooner or later.

He cleared his throat.  "I was put in there when I was really young.  I don't even remember how old I was but the events are still clear," he said.  Tao just listened. "My mother died of disease. Like I said, I was really young so I didn't really understand much.  I barely knew her but I was still sad... My father became really depressed.  I'm not sure what happened, but he put the blame on me for her death and convinced people that I was crazy.  I was shipped to the asylum in Korea.  I heard my father committed suicide after that when Luhan's mom came to visit me.  I've been in the asylum this whole time.  Luhan came over one time.  I think it was a few years ago.  He said he'll get me out. I didn't believe him but here I am now."  He gave a small smile.

Tao was speechless.  Kris went through so much and all he does is smile.  Tears were starting to surface but he held them in.  Tao just stared at the other male with his watery eyes.  He had a newfound respect for Kris.  Kris stopped at a red light and glanced toward Tao who was still staring at him.

"You don't have to get all teary," he said.  "I don't want people pitying me."

Tao quickly wiped his tears.  "But it's so sad," he said.

Kris just gave another small smile.  "It's not like I really understood anything," Kris said.

"Sorry," Tao said.

Kris just glanced at Tao again. "Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong," he said. "Also, call me YiFan."

Tao looked up confused.  "YiFan?" 

"Yup.  It's my real name," Kris said.

Tao nodded and smiled. "ZiTao.  That's my full name," he said.  "But you can call me Panda.  It's a nickname I allow some friends to call me."

Kris also smiled.  "I like pandas," he said. "They're cute."  

Tao blushed.  "Are they your favorite animal?" he asked.

"Yeah," Kris said.  Tao's heart started to beat a little faster.  "But they're my third favorite animal.  Dragons and alpacas are my favorites."

Tao frowned.

---------------------------

Sehun was walking down the hall to gym.  He had it for next period.  He was going to the stairs when he saw Luhan by his locker.  He hadn't talked to the boy much since the semester ended.  Luhan's next class was also downstairs so he hoped that they can go down together.  Luhan's locker was near the stairs and he seemed to be putting away some books.  He was also talking to Kyungsoo so he didn't want to intrude.  Instead, he gradually slowed down his pace and used the crowd in front of him as an excuse to walk slower.  He was trying hard not to make it obvious that he was waiting for someone.  Luhan was a few feet in front of him and seemed to be enjoying his conversation so Sehun kept up his slow pace.  

There was only a few minutes to get to class so the crowd in front of him had disappeared and he was forced to walk downstairs alone.  He was a little sad he couldn't talk to Luhan but continued his slow pace anyways just in case Luhan was coming down.  He was close to the end and there was still no sign of Luhan.  When there were no more stairs, he sighed and walked at a normal pace to gym.

----------------------------

Kyungsoo was chatting with Luhan by Luhan's locker when he noticed there were only 3 minutes left to go to the next class.  He quickly said bye to Luhan and started to speed walk to his math class because there was no running and his class was all the way at the other end of the hall.  He wasn't really paying attention to where he was going so he bumped into someone and dropped a few books.

"S-sorry!" Kyungsoo said while bending down to grab the books.

"What's with the rush?" the other person asked while handing him a book .  Kyungsoo took the book and looked at who he bumped into.

"Kai?" he said.

"Oh. Kyungsoo.  What are you doing?" Kai asked. 

"Going to math," Kyungsoo said.  "I have Mr. Fong."

Kai blinked and pointed to the door behind him with his thumb.  "You mean this class?" he asked.

Kyungsoo looked at the door behind Kai.  It had Mr. Fong written on a piece of paper and taped to the door.  "Y-yeah," he replied while blushing.  

Kai nodded. "Okay. I'll leave you hear," he said. "I only have a minute to get to class." he quickly rushed off.  Kyungsoo stared at Kai's disappearing figure.  He was about to go in class when something caught his eye.  It was Kai's phone.  He quickly picked it up and decided to give it to him later.  He put it in his backpack then went into class.

--------------------------

It was lunchtime and Baekhyun had fallen asleep.  Chanyeol walked to his desk and shook him.  He sighed when the shorter boy didn't stir.  He put his arm around Baekhyun and then carried him bridal style.  People stared as he walked down the halls to the cafeteria.  Baekhyun's eyes slowly opened.  He smiled a little and snuggled closer to the giant's chest then closed his eyes again.  Chanyeol noticed the shorter's action but ignored it because he thought it was something he was doing while asleep.  

When he arrived at the cafeteria, he gently put Baekhyun on the seat at their usual table.

"Make sure he doesn't fall off," he said.

"Okay," Sehun said.

Chanyeol left to go get food for both him and Baekhyun.  Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes again when he noticed the lack of warmth.  He yawned and stayed in his position.  Kai smirked.  

"You know, I wasn't sure at first but now I am," he said.

"What?" Baekhyun asked while slightly raising his head to see the other two better.

"The fact that you like Chanyeol," Kai said.  Baekhyun blushed.  

"Oh. You just noticed? I found out a long time ago," Sehun said.

"Am I that obvious?" Baekhyun asked.

"No.  We just know you that well," Kai said.  "I wouldn't have guessed it if we weren't friends." He smiled.  "But this was to confirm it."

Baekhyun glared.  "I hate you guys," he said.  Chanyeol arrived with food a few seconds later.

"Finally awake?" he asked Baekhyun.  Baekhyun nodded and sat up. 

"Thanks," he said while picking up his spoon.

Chanyeol just gave a huge smile.

-----------------------

Xiumin and Chen were cuddling on the couch at Luhan's house.  They were watching TV while waiting for Tao to finish making lunch.  

"I'm hungry," Xiumin said.

"Just a little longer babe," Chen said.

Xiumin sighed.  "I know," he said while pouting.  He rested his head on Chen's shoulder and closed his eyes.  "I hate waiting though."

Chen chuckled and brought Xiumin closer to his chest.  "So impatient," Chen said.  He waited for a reply but his boyfriend was quiet.  He looked at Xiumin and smiled when he realized the other has fallen asleep.  He kissed Xiumin's forehead and had started to adjust his position so he can sleep also when Luhan came in.

"Lay left a folder here so I'm gonna go bring it to him," he said. "You two gonna be okay?"

"Yeah," Chen said then yawned.  Luhan nodded then left the house.

Tao came out with a plate of food and found the couple sleeping.  He put the plate on a table near the couch and turned off the TV then went back to the kitchen.

------------------------

Luhan had arrived at Lay's college and was looking around for him.  He was about to send Lay a text when someone tapped his shoulder.  Luhan turned around and came face to face with Lay.

"Oh, I was looking for you," Luhan said.  "Here's your folder." He held it out to him.

Lay took the folder. "Thanks," he said.  He looked around.  "I told you I'll wait for you.  Why are you all the way here?" 

"What do you mean?" Luhan asked. 

"You're in the middle of the campus," Lay said while frowning.  "Do you know how to get out?"

Luhan's eyes widened.  "." he said.  "When are you making up your test?"

Lay checked his watch. "Ten minutes.  Sorry but your on your own," he said. 

Luhan pouted and was about to say something but when he saw a familiar figure.

"Suho?"  Luhan said.

Suho stopped in his tracks and turned around when he heard his name being called.  "Luhan?" he said confused.  "Why are you here?"

Luhan pointed to Lay. "This guy forgot his folder," he said. 

Suho nodded and held out his hand toward Lay. "I'm Kim Joonmyun, but you can call me Suho," Suho said while smiling.

Lay blinked a few times.  "Oh sorry, you were talking to me?" he said. He quickly took Suho's hand and smiled back. "I'm yixing but I go by Lay."

"Lay... that's a pretty interesting nickname," Suho said.

"Not as interesting as Suho," Lay said back. Suho blushed.

Luhan frowned when he felt like he was being left out.  "Lay, don't you have a test?" he asked.

"Oh, right," Lay said. "Hey Suho, can you take Luhan to the front?  He's sorta lost and I can't bring him because I have to make up a test."

Suho smiled. "Sure," he said.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plot twist: there is sulay. :)