4

Friend's Matters

“Luhan!”

 

Waving his hand towards his group of basketball friends, Luhan quickly jogs to them. “Sorry I’m late. Prof. Yoo is looking for me.”

 

His friend slightly waves his hand, “gwenchana.” immediately he throws the ball to Luhan. “you start.”

 

 

Seoul National University has received an official letter stating that there will be a group of VVIPs coming to the campus for their yearly checkup. Because of that, many of the classes has been arranged to let the administrators and the lecturers have the time to make the preparation, thus leaving the students has lots of free time. 

 

Only the Department of Medicine - Sehun’s department is excluded from the preparation. 

 

 

While dribbling the ball, Luhan eyes caught Haru walking alone by the basketball court. Passing the ball to , he quickly runs to the lady. 

 

“Haru!”

 

“Oh gabjagiya!” putting her hand on her chest, Haru widen her eyes before turning to Luhan. “yah! you scared me!” 

 

Luhan chuckled. “How are you?” he noticed the pencil stain on her hand. “working with the lecturers?” 

 

She nodded. “what are you doing here? we don’t have class today.” 

 

“I was boring at home so decided to play basketball and I do hope I can bump into you.” flicking his sweat on his forehead, Luhan breathlessly said. Haru take out her handkerchief in her pocket and hand it to him. “Thanks.” he sweetly smiled. Making Haru feels butterflies in her stomach, how can a person have that kind of smile. 

 

They both decided to take a sit at the nearest stone bench, Luhan being a gentleman, take off his jacket and put it on the bench before asking Haru to sit on his jacket. 

 

“Eh no, you don’t have to-”

 

“I insist.”

 

She smiled warmly. It has been a week she become Luhan friend and that guy never fails to make her feel fluttered. Luhan treats her gently compared to other female classmate she noticed. 

 

“How have you been coping so far?”

 

“With you around, I don’t have any difficulties at all. oh yeah, can I go over to your house to study?” 

 

She nodded. “Sure, Sehun sometimes come over to my house too.”

 

At the mention of Sehun’s name, Luhan ears perked up. Carefully, he asked, “Is Sehun is your boyfriend?” She coughed immediately, “No!” she waves her hand frantically. “We are close friend.” 

 

“I see. Since you enrol here?”

 

Haru shook her head, “since we are in kindergarten.” Luhan eyes went wide, “That long?” She chuckled. “Yeah, that long,” shaking her head side to side, “even myself is surprised by it. Seems like it was yesterday when Mrs. Oh asked me to sit with Sehun because he is alone at that time.”

 

Coincidently, the wind blew shaking the tree a little bit and gently, a leaf falls on Haru head. Luhan reached out his hand and put the leaf away. Haru blushed, this is the first time a guy, beside Sehun has make that kind of act. 

 

“giyeopta..” 

 

They both smiled to each other warmly. 

 

Unknowing to both, Sehun has been standing behind the big tree since the moment Luhan surprised Haru. Feeling a sudden anxious coming, Sehun left the place. 

 

 

 

 

“Where’s this brat?!” 

 

Haru glanced at her watched umpteenth time. This morning Sehun has texted her, saying he will pick her up and they will go to the deokbokki stall together. She has been calling him since the past five minutes but Sehun didn’t pick up. 

 

“Haru, what are you doing here?” 

 

She turned around, “Ah, Luhan sshi. I’m waiting for Sehun to pick me up.” her eyes then caught Sehun classmate walking towards the main gate. 

 

“Jinki sshi!” the guy shocked to see Haru in front of him, “Yah, Haru ah, Sehun left early just now to pick you up but why you still here?”

 

“Really? I called him just now but he didn’t pick up.”

 

“Maybe he went home already.”

 

“I think so. Thanks Jinki sshi.” she bows before walk back to Luhan. “I got to go now, Sehun is probably at home. so I’ll see you later.” She smiled and wave her hand. 

 

“Want me to accompany you?” 

 

She shook her head, “No need. I know my way. Bye!” 

 

 

*Ding Dong* 

 

She turned the knob, locked. Looking at the sunflower pot just right beside the door, Haru lift up the flower pot and grab the key under it. Smilingly, she unlocked the door and went inside. 

 

“Sehuniieeeeeee~~”

 

Throwing her bag pack on the couch, she runs upstairs, aiming for Sehun’s room.  “Sehun!” She opens the door harshly, making the door bumped to the wall and causing a picture frame that was hanging on the wall fall on the floor, breaking into pieces. 

 

“Oopps!” 

 

On the bed, a figure is laying while wrapping himself with duvet, acting like a cocoon. 

 

“Yah Oh Sehun! How dare you ditch me at campus!” folding her shirt sleeves, she beat up the ‘cocoon’ on the bed violently. throwing her fist like she is some kind of Dragon Ball character.

 

Finally, the ‘cocoon’ let out a groaning sound. 

 

“How dare you ditch me!” standing up, she starts to kick the ‘cocoon’. 

 

Unable to stand Haru violent, Sehun finally unwrapped himself and grabs Haru leg, making the lady falls on the bed with Sehun on top. 

 

 

Eyes widened, Haru is surprised by Sehun closeness. “Yy..yyahh…”. He throws at her his cold face before sighed in frustration. 

 

“I didn’t ditched you okay.” 

 

Still under him, Haru asked, “Then why? Jinki sshi said you left early to pick me up. I was at the basketball court, with Luhan.”

 

“I know.” 

 

“You know? How come?” 

 

 “I was there, behind the tree.” 

 

“But why you didn’t greet us? Why you are you acting like a jealous boyfriend?”

 

Sehun looked straight into her eyes, “I do right? I thought it was silly of me, but now you mentioned it, I do feel like I was like some kind of jealous boyfriend.” 

 

And that statement make Haru went silence. is he telling me he likes me? suddenly all the past conversation with her girl friends saying how boy and girl can’t be best friend because they end up having feeling to each other and more drama scene about best friend fall in love with each other starts to invade her mind. 

 

Sehun likes me? 

 

At the sudden thought, Haru suddenly realised her position with Sehun now. With him on top. She starts to kick Sehun and he eventually let go of her. 

 

“Yah Oh Sehun, Are you telling me, you like-”

 

“Yes Lee Haru, I think I’m in love.”

 

“With M-”

 

“Yes, with Luhan.”

 

Me? What?

 
 
 
P/s: Is it too rush?