MixxE Girls' Info Page

MixxE Girls' | Jellyfish Entertainment First Girl Group | STORY STARTING!

MixxE Girls'

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
 
MixxE Girls'
Dal Shabet on May 24, 2013.jpg
MixxE Girls' performing 'Up & Down' in 2018: L to R;  Aero, Alice, Bori, Bay, Halo
Background information
Also known as Mixx Ethnicity Girls',
Origin SeoulSouth Korea
Genres Pop, dance-popK-pop
Years active 2014–present
Labels Jellyfish Entertainment (Korea) 2014-present
CJ E&M Music and Live
Kathy Muller Agency (Hawaii) 2015-2017 [Halo]
United Talent Agency *Same as Jessica Jung as of 180507 [Halo&Bay] 2017-
Associated acts VIXX, Park Hyo Shin, Park Yoon Ha (1999), Gugudan,
Website mixxegirls.com
 
Members

Aero
Halo
Bori
Bay

 
Past members Lottie
Jeanne
Nova
Kaylee
Alice
 
Korean name
Hangul -
Revised Romanization -
McCune–Reischauer -

MixxE Girls' (Hangul: 믹이 길시) is a South Korean girl group created by Jellyfish Entertainment. The current members include Aero, Halo, Bori, Bay. Members Lottie, Jeanne, and Nova all left on June 8, 2014 and were replaced by Aero, Alice, and Bori on July 12, 2014. The group debuted on Feburary 7, 2014, with the release of Number Nine. On March 10, 2014, 'Varieties' was selected as MixxE Girls''s fanclub name. 


 

Career

Pre-debut

MixxE Girls' were put into a variety show to pick the members of MixxE Girls' called 'MixDOL'. But this part was not revealed till halfway through MixxE Girls' debut. It aired in August 2014 showing the original members making the group.

2014: Debut, Number Nine, solo debuts, departure, LaChaTa, CGG, Karma

 MixxE Girls' released their debut music video, "Number Nine", on Feburary 7, 2014 and began on their debut promotions on the same day at, on 'Show! Music Core'. Members Halo and Jeanne debuted as solo artists, with member Halo debuting with 'Sad Song' first then Jeanne who debuted with 'U&I'.

The announcement of Lottie, Jeanne, and Nova leaving was announced on June 8th and new members Aero, Alice, and Bori were shown on July 12th. MixxE Girls' made their comeback as five members with 'LaChaTa' on July 28th (as member Halo left for the states for college)

First subunit of MixxE Girls' CGG (Chinese, German, Greek) contained members Kaylee, Aero, and Bay. They debuted with the song Too Fancy on October 24, 2014.

On November 4th Jellyfish Entertainment released that a new subunit would debut in December. They kept releasing teasers till December 1st where it was co-ed subunit and VIXX member Leo and MixxE Girls' member Halo would promote together as a subunit called Karma. They released their album Breath on December 8th and began promotions on December 12th. Also at MBC's '2014 Gayo Daejaejun', the group came together as six since their debut and performed 'Number Nine'.

2015: Crystal + 1 year anniversary, Halo's 2nd single, Up & Down, Pandora, Halo acting, Be Natural, Bay's breakup, Jellyfish Christmas

MixxE Girls' released a MV titled 'Crystal' on their first anniversary for their fans. This was the first song that had all six members (the new members) since debut.

On June 4th, Jellyfish Entertainment released a MV teaser for Halo, who has been away for college on her second single titled 'Don't Look At Me Like That'.  Making it 11 months since her last single 'Good Day' which won the triple crown even without promoting the song. It was then released on June 8th.

MixxE Girls' comeback was announced on June 17th and that the girls (besides Bori)  would be making a comeback on June 25th with their first mini album 'Up & Down'. Halo returned for this comeback as the girls made their comeback stage on June 25th at 'Music Core'.

July 28th the group announced they would return onstage with 'Pandora', a track from their 'Up & Down' album. They performed it for the first time on August 1st and even releasing a MV on August 10th. They officially ended promotions on August 25th.

On September 2nd, Kath Muller Agency in Hawaii announced that Halo will start her acting career on the televison series 'Hawaii Five-0' as a guest star and still using her stage name.

On September 27th Jellyfish Entertainment announced that MixxE Girls' would be making a comeback with a remake song. Teasers were released starting on September 29th till it was revealed that song the girls would be remaking would be 'Be Natural', a song by famous K-Pop 90's group S.E.S. But it was seen and reported that leader Kaylee would not be in this comeback, but she did help choreograph the song. The full MV was released on October 9th and they began promotions on October 10th on 'Music Core'.

On November 12th, both Jellyfish Entertainment and JYP Entertainment revealed that Bay and GOT7's Mark have broken up after 2 years of being together due to busy schedules.

On December 15th along with the main song for Jellyfish Entertainment Christmas album, MixxE Girls' had a song called 'Hide & Seek', which Halo is in the MV (it was mentioned that it was filmed in November/December 2014 while Halo was here performing as a duo Karma. Another MV titled 'Love Falls' was a duet song with Bori and VIXX's Ken. Both songs were written and produced by Halo herself.

2016: Halo&Yesung dating, MixxE World, Halo's new single + all-kill&win, 'The Mingle Way Global Showcase', '6Memories', Karma comeback, new subunit (VIVA)

ON March 22nd, reports and pictures of Halo and Super Junior's Yesung were seen together. Both SM Entertainment and Jellyfish Entertainment confirmed that both were dating, since August 2015.

On March 25th, Jellyfish Entertainment announced that MixxE Girls' would be making a comeback in April. Teasers began on April 2nd following the revealed of teaser images for their 2nd mini album 'MixxE World'.

On May 26th Jellyfish Entertainment announced that Halo would release her 3rd single titled 'Knees' on June 1st and all profits would go to 'Liberty In North Korea' fondation. Not to long after it was released Halo's new song acheived a perfect all-kill on music charts, followed by her first win with the song the following day on 'M! Countdown'.

On July 20th it was confirmed that MixxE Girls' would be making their comeback as a full group in August, making it over 1 year and 6 months since they last sang together with 'Crystal'. It was also announced on the 25th that MixxE Girls' would have their first solo concert titled 'The Mingle Way Global Showcase' and would be performing in the born countries that each member is from. The concert sold out within 5 minutes.

On August 1st they started teasing for their first full album '6Memories' with the title track to be 'Remember. A MV teaser was released on the 6th and the full album was released on the 14th, with the group making their comeback August 12th on 'Music Bank'.

Jellyfish Entertainment also confirmed that Karma, consisting of MixxE Girls' Halo and VIXX's Leo would release a Chinese album but would not promote it in order to focus on their own group's promotions. Their Chinese album 'Breath' topped mutiple music charts in China despite not promoting the album or song itself.

On December 15th Jellyfish Entertainment released a teaser image and later announced on the 17th that a new subunit with the vocal members (Alice, Halo, and Bori) would debut as VIVA, meaning "Love Live!" in hoping to support and bring people to dance with their music. Their debut album 'Holler' was released on December 30th. The unit debuted on January 4, 2017.

2017: Halo break up, 'Korean Music Awards' fall, 'Showtime' reality show, Japan debut, 'Pretty Pretty' comeback, Halo new agency + solo comeback + solo reality show, 'Jelly Box' releases, Kaylee leaving, Halo dating

Both Jellyfish Entertainment and SM Entertainment both announced that Halo and Yesung of Super Junior broke up after 1 year and 6 months due to scedule conflicts.VIVA, one of MixxE Girls' subunit's performed at the 'Korean Music Awards' on February 28th where Halo fell through the stage after the performance. Halo was rushed to the hospital after the fall, which was caused by that part of the stage being a lower platform. It was later revealed that Halo's injuries weren't serious and she went home with painkillers, some muscle strain, and taking a short break from promotions.

On March 14th, Jellyfish Entertainment announced that the girls would have their first reality in 3 years (their survivial show 'MixDOL') called 'Showtime' and it aired on April 3rd. Through 'Showtime' the girls revealed they would debuting in Japan and on May 5th they released their Japanese debut single 'NoNoNo'. The song topped Orican music charts at #2.

MixxE Girls' released their 3rd mini album 'Pretty Pretty' on June 3rd with title track of the same name. They also pre-released 'Hate You' on June 1st. They won twice with 'Pretty Pretty'.

On July 8th, Halo who was independetly signed onto Kathy Muller Agency, switched to United Talent Agency to broaden her activites in the United States instead of Hawaii alone. On August 7th, Halo made her solo comeback with her 2nd mini album 'I', title track the same name since her last single 'Knee' (June 2016). She broke a record of charting #1 in mutiple countries, as well as getting a all-kill and the Billboard Top 100. She also won in total 11 music awards (beating any MixxE Girls' song). During that time she had her first solo reality show titled 'HaloCam'.

Jellyfish Entertainment announced on September 26th that each girl would release a solo song underneath the agency's 'Jelly Box', that feature artists and producers outside the company, as well as inside. The agency also stated when the last single is released, the group as a whole will make a comeback. Halo was first to release her single on October 2nd titled 'Narcissus' with Hyesung from Shinhwa and Jungmo from TRAX.  Bori was the second to reveal her single 'Heatbreak Hotel' that was released on November 18th with rapper Simon Dominic. Alice was the third to reveal her single 'Spring Love' on December 5th with former Topp Dogg member Hansol. Bay was the fourth to release her single 'Lil' Something' featuring VIXX's Hongbin and Vibe's Ryu Jae Hyun on December 17th. Aero the last member to have her single released on January 4th produced by JQ titled 'Mystery'.

On September 27th, Kaylee announced her leave from the group due to health issues (Osteogenesis imperfecta) she has been battling for a year and half. There would be no new leader or new members added according to both the company and the group themself.

On December 9th, Jellyfish Entertainment confirmed that Halo and Shinhwa member Hyesung have been dating since August 2017.

2018: 2nd studio album, The Death Cure, 4th anniversary; 'The Wave', Halo getting married, Bay dating, Alice drama, Bay solo debut, Alice leaves

On January 11th, MixxE Girls' annouced their comeback and tour. The same day Jellyfish Entertainment announced that Halo and Bay acted in The Death Cure (credited under their birth names) as Hannah and Margaret. Which also led to Bay signing under the same agency Halo is when promoting in America. At the '32nd Golden Disk Awards', Halo won the' iQiyi Best Female Artist' with 'I' and VIVA won the 'Disk Bonsang' with 'Holler'. Bori helped MCed the event.

MixxE Girls' released their 2nd studio album on January 18th with their title track 'Red Light'. At the '27th Seoul Music Awards' MixxE Girls' subunit VIVA won the 'Bonsang Award' for 'Holler' and Halo also won a 'Bonsang Award' for her solo album 'I'. On February 2nd they released their 5th single 'The Wave' in celebration of their 4th anniversary as a group which is on February 7th. It was released early before their "MixxE Girls': Mix In Asia Tour" that ran from February 5th to the 20th, visiting countries like Japan, Phillipines, Singapore, and South Korea. 

On February 21st, Halo and Hyesung announced their marriage after 7 months of dating and would be wed on March 30th. Both agencies confirmed this news shorty afterwards as they were aware of this before the press. Their wedding was also private to family and friends only. On March 1st there was dating news of Bay and Christian Yu, the former leader of C-Clown. The following day Jellyfish Entertainment confirmed this news and the pair have been going out since June 2017.

On June 1st, Jellyfish Entertainment released news that Bay would release her first solo album since MixxE Girls' debut. Bay pre-released a song 'Shut Up & Groove' featuring Dean on June 3rd. On June 25th Alice posted a suspcious message on social media calling out her members and Jellyfish Entertainment. Jellyfish responses stating that Alice does have a mental illness and as of right now don't know if this will affect her leaving the group or not. Alice left the group on August 13, 2018 to focus on her mental health.

Bay's first mini alum was released on July 13th and the title song 'And July' was released. Bay did not promote on music shows and focused more on radio andstreet performances to be closer to fans.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Members

 

Current

Current Members
Stage name Birth name Positions + Date of Birth
Romanized Hangul Romanized Hangul
- - - - -
Aero 에어로 Min Hyo Kim 민효김 Lead Rapper & Vocalist
July 12, 1994 (age 23)
Alice 앨리스 Alice Raffin 앨리스라핀 Lead Dancer & Vocalist
September 8, 1994 (age 23)
Halo 헤일로 Hye Min Jo 혜민조 Main Vocalist & Visual
September 24, 1994 (age 23)
Bori 보리 Bo Ri Yoon 보리윤 Lead Vocalist & Dancer
February 14, 1995 (age 23)
Bay 베이 Belle Lios 리오스 Main Rapper, Vocalist, Maknae
May 23, 1995 (age 22)

* Aero, Alice, and Bori joined on July 12, 2014 after Lottie, Jeanne, and Nova left the group back in June of 2014
Former Members
Stage name Birth name Positions + Date of Birth
Romanized Hangul Romanized Hangul
Lottie 로티 Charlottie Kaufman 샬롯 카우프만 Leader, Lead Rapper, Vocalist
May 25, 1990 (age 26)
Jeanne 쟌느 Jeanne Marie Lee 쟌느마리이 Lead Dancer & Vocalist
June 8, 1993 (age 23)
Nova 노바 Elena Park 엘레나박 Lead Vocalist & Dancer
July 8, 1995 (age 20)
Kaylee 케일리 Song Kyung Ri 송경리 Leader, Main Dancer, Vocalist
April 14, 1991 (age 26)
- - - - -
- - - - -

* June 8, 2014; Lottie, Jeanne, Nova the group for different reasons
* Kaylee left the group on September 26, 2017 due to health reasons (she became leader after Lottie left the group)

 

Discography

Main articles: MixxE Girls' discography 

Korean discography

Studio albums

  • 6Memories (2016)
  • Red Light (2018)
  • -
  • -

Mini Albums

  • Up & Down (2015)
  • MixxE World (2016)
  • Pretty Pretty (2017)
  • -
  • -
  • -

Single album

  • Number Nine (2014)
  • LaChaTa (2014)
  • Crystal (2015)
  • Be Natural (2015)
  • -

Japanese discography

Studio albums

  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -

Greatest hits albums

  • -
  • -

Singles

  • NoNoNo (2017)
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -

 

Televison