Chapter 5: Solo Practices

MixxE Girls' | Jellyfish Entertainment First Girl Group | STORY STARTING!

MixxE Girls were satisfied with 'Number Nine' promotions towards the end and even left a thank you message video for their fans. But now two of their members were preparing for their solo debuts; Jeanne and Halo. The company decided to promote both girls as soloists to promote the group more and as individuals as well. The other members of course supported their members while they were preparing for their solo debuts. 

Both were doing different concepts, but it would match them in their voices. So since Jeanne and Halo were practicing more in the company then the rest, the other members decided to lend a helping hand by getting Jeanne and Halo lunch and to stay with them until they could go home too. Lottie and Kaylee were getting things for Jeanne; while Bay and Nova were getting things for Halo. They decided to split up to get things done faster.

Bay and Nova were productive by getting Halo foods she likes and some she didn't. Her favorite food was fish, so Bay and Nova got her cooked fish. Lottie and Kaylee bought Jeanne some French pastries, as they know she loves them a lot. The four members met up and went back to the company to give the food to their fellow members. Lottie and Kaylee went to the practice room where Jeanne was practicing dance moves while listening to her song. 

They both took a peek inside as she followed her dance instructor over and over again. Both could see she was getting frustrated a little, but kept her cool. Jeanne's dance instructor gave a five minute break before starting again, and Jeanne nodded while drinking water. So Lottie and Kaylee took the chance and went in. Jeanne waved, "Hey guys." they sat by her. Kaylee looked over by the couch ,"Ah Ravi oppa!" Lottie even turned to see Ravi waving his hand on the couch. Lottie bowed, "Hello Ravi." Ravi came over, "Hello my honbaes." 

Kaylee gave Jeanne a bag filled with French pastries; "Here Jeanne, we both decided to get these pastries for you since we know you love them." Jeanne looked inside and smiled, "Thanks Lottie unni and Kaylee unni." she took a pastry out and started to eat it. Kaylee looked at Ravi, "Why are you here Ravi?" Ravi drank his soda, "I can't be here for my honbaes?" Lottie looked, "You can. Its just unusual to see just one VIXX member here and not the whole group." Jeanne looked at Lottie and Kaylee, "Leo oppa is with Halo in the other practice room." Lottie smiled, "Oh boy. Bay and Nova are going to tease them like crazy." the other three nodded and thought the same.

****************************

In another practice room, Halo wasn't practicing dance, but her voice instead. Bay and Nova peeked they're little heads in the door and looked around. They saw Leo in there as well as Halo with her voice instructor. Both heard their unni starting to sing to the tune, and both were loving the music as she sang. But as soon as both girls were in the moment, the music cut off as the dance instructor was telling Halo to concentrate on her tone of her voice more. Halo did it a few times before the instructor gave a break; then Bay and Nova knocked. Halo told them to come and Nova said happily, "Hello Halo unni and Leo oppa." Bay plugged her ears, "Can't you be more quiet Nova?"

Nova ignored her and went straight to Halo with the bag with the cooked fish in it. Nova gave the bag to Halo; "Unni we know you like cooked fish so me and Bay bought cooked fish for you during your break." Halo looked inside and gave one of her rare smiles, "Thanks dongsaengs." she sat down by Leo and started to eat her food. Nova came bouncing to Leo and Halo, and went by Leo; "Oppa." Leo hummed in response. Bay came over and sat by Halo. Nova sat by Leo, "Oppa. Where are the other VIXX members?" Leo answered in a quiet voice, "Ravi is with Jeanne and the other members are somewhere, hiding." he left it at that. Bay looked around, "Halo unni is this your song?" Halo nodded, "I helped composed the song." the two girls nodded and were amazed.

********************************

After more hours of practice, all of MixxE Girls headed home. Both Jeanne and Halo went to sleep as soon as they got in the car. Lottie being shotgun looked behind her, "Those girls worked hard today." she smiled. Kaylee in the way back nodded, "Going solo so soon must drag they're energy out more the usually." Nova and Bay were in the way back with Kaylee, and both look at their unnis. Nova, who was quiet for once looked at both girls; "It must take a lot more energy to be a soloist then to be in a group." 

Manager S joined the conversation, "It can be Nova. Being in a group you have people there supporting you through the whole way." Bay looked at Manager S, "But even so, going solo, don't you have people supporting you anyway?" Manager S thought for a second, "Yes and no Bay." now all of them looked confused as what she meant. "Being a soloist I think is harder. You don't have member mates to talk to, you know people around your age. And it can be difficult to travel the road alone." the members thought about what Manager S said for the rest of the drive home.