Holding On

Be My Girlfriend?

 

 

Chapter 37

 

 

Donghae struggled in finding the address Kyuhyun had given him but managed so far so good. After an hour or so he finally reached the place.

 

What the hell is going on?!?” wondered Donghae as he stepped down the car and rush to find Sooyeon.

 

From where he is he can see light coming from inside what seem to be an old ruined building. Without further thoughts Donghae barged inside. No one's in there except for a weak and pale looking girl.

 

Soo! What happened?” asked Donghae with alarmed as he rushed to the girl's side. Donghae can't believe the girl who's right in front of him. She look so unlike herself which made him panic at the her current state.

 

Sooyeon can't hardly recognize his face now but can still make out his voice. The drug must be taking effect on her since she's feeling drowzy. The bodyguards had yet injected something into her a while ago before they left.

 

Oppa, where is Kyuhyun?” asked Sooyeon with her eyes barely open. “I honestly don't know, Soo.”

 

Donghae looked at her with concern as he untie her feet bound together. “Don't worry I'm sure he'll be here...”

 

Sooyeon can feel something wet on her cheek but didn't realize it was her own tears. “Oppa, what if he agrees to the old man? What if he's willing to be with Hana just to save me?”

 

Donghae was caught in confusion but with a little more explaination from Sooyeon he quickly catch up to what's going on.

 

Seriously, the man and his daughter got problems!” said Donghae as he pick Sooyeon up and carry her to the car.

 

Soo, I'll take you to the hospital first okay? I'll call Kyu's parents so don't worry...” Sooyeon was too tired to object him and shut her eyes to get some rest. But as she did so she's worried she might never be able to reopen her eyes again.

 

Kyu...” that was the last thing she said before the world went blank.

 

***

Kyuhyun spent nearly an hour or more to explain things to Hana but once he get everything across, the girl seem just as upset as he is.

 

What the hell?!? Does appa think I'm a little girl who can't handle problems? Plus, even when I whine that's just out of frustration! He can't simply barge into my life and do things like this...” yelled Hana with her worst temper.

 

Kyuhyun didn't expect this from her but realize she every rights to be so. He too doesn't like it when someone just waltz into his life and do things without his permit.

 

You know what oppa I don't want you to be here if appa is the reason why!” stated the girl which shocked Kyuhyun but he's happy for it.

 

I'll help you escape but it doesn't mean that I won't stop liking you oppa so just for tonight I'm letting you go...” said the girl, “Plus, I need a serious talk with appa!”

 

Kyuhyun thanked her before leaving in lightning speed. Hana didn't regret her decision because she realized that she doesn't want love that is forced. She understand now that all she's searching for is true love although Kyuhyun is there a while ago with her she didn't feel the least bit happy. That's cause the reason behind his presence is her appa.

 

But like she said earlier she won't give up on love but she's willing to set him free tonight just so he could that side of her that really believes in love that isn't forced.

 

***

Kyuhyun dialed his hyung number over and over again until he got an answer. “Hyung, why didin't you answer my calls?”

 

Mianhe Kyu! I'm at the hospital so I had to take care of things...” Kyuhyun cut him because he need to know how Sooyeon is. “Hyung, how is she?” asked Kyuhyun with fresh tears in his eyes.

 

Kyuhyun swear that just knowing Sooyeon's hurt he can cry a river he has no idea how he'll act when he sees her laying lifelessly in the hospital bed later on.

 

The doctor says that she'll be fine but they're still checking on her,” assured Donghae. “Oh, your parents are here so don't worry and just get here as fast as possible.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed in relief and thanked his hyung before speeding up his car and fight his way through the traffic.

 

***

As soon as Kyuhyun arrived he was racing into the emergency room to find Sooyeon. “Hyung, where is she?” asked Kyuhyun as he bump into Donghae half way.

 

Donghae pointed to the room at the furthest end, “There...” Kyuhyun patted his hyung before running off saying thanks. Donghae chuckled at his dongsaeng and shook his head. He turned to the other direction he was heading off earlier and came face to face with someone who still manage to make his heart beat twice faster.

 

Yoona-ssi, w-why are you here?” stuttered Donghae as he scratched his neck. For a second the girl was taken aback with the sudden formality.

 

I just want to check on Sooyeon since I heard the news about her...” answered Yoona with an awkward smile.

 

They're still on awkward terms and to both of them it's still hard for them to speak comfortably. Donghae nodded but told her to wait for a moment since Kyuhyun just went to look at her. Yoona took note of that and decided to give them time so instead she waited outside.

 

Donghae-ssi, you don't mind companying me do you?” asked Yoona with hesitation as she did so. She didn't know why she had done so but she just wanted a friend and probably some time with him cause honestly she miss him so much.

 

Too much in fact...

 

Donghae's face was full of surprised but he took a seat beside her anyways and both of them just stayed there in silence.

 

***

Kyuhyun entered the room silently and everytime he step closer to the girl laying on the bed his heart break a little bit more.

 

Sooyeonnie, mianhe for making you suffer like this...” apologized Kyuhyun as he held the girl's hand tightly. As if she could hear him her fingers moved and hold onto his.

 

Kyuhyun smiled at this and stayed there just watching. Apparently, he was late since both his parents had left to prepare Sooyeon's stuff for her stay in the hospital and had head back home while her friends like Yuri and Sunny had also left since they have classes tomorrow.

 

Still, it was late at night actually early morning but they still made time to look at her condition. Kyuhyun decided he would stay for the night in case the girl would wake up.

 

Slowly, Kyuhyun brushed away the bangs that's covering her eyes and kissed her forehead as he watched her sleep.

 

Sooyeon, what will happen next? I made a promise to the old man I'll be with his daughter in exchange for your safety...:” sighed Kyuhyun.

 

This is probably the last time I can be close to you or else we'll have a repeat of tonight...” muttered Kyuhyun feeling his worries coming back.

 

Aniyo, I'll make sure I'll disappear from your life so I won't give you a hard time! This is the only way I can protect you...” said Kyuhyun trying to sound assuring, “Mianhe Sooyeonnie I don't want to hurt you...”

 

Unknown to the guy, the girl who's laying there motionless still could hear every word he's saying and it's breaking her heart piece by piece. Perhaps she knew Kyuhyun too well that she herself had seen it coming.

 

She know he's the kind of person who'd do anything to make sure the ones dear to him are safe. Sooyeon wanted to scream out loud but her body isn't letting her do so. She wanted to open her eyes and but again her eyes had betray her.

 

Sooyeon can only endure the pain from his words as she try to hold on to his hand tighter. At least that way she know he's still there.