"Be my girlfriend..."

Be My Girlfriend?

 

 

Chapter 3

 

 

It was a bright Sunday, Sooyeon had woken up earlier than usual just to prepare breakfast. She figured it's one way to repay the family for their hospitality.

 

She was busy setting the table when she heard footsteps. “Huh...Who's up this early?” she thought confusingly.

 

Omma, why are you up so e-early...” Kyuhyun paused at what he was about to say and both pair of eyes ended up staring at each other.

 

Y-You're awake...” stuttered Sooyeon biting her lips. Then the unexpected happened! He smirked.

 

No, I'm still sleeping...” retorted Kyuhyun lamely. Sooyeon looked away with anger fuming inside her. She's trying to be nice but he's doing nothing to help her.

 

The person in front of her is totally different from the kid she used to play with. He's no longer the sweet and innocent Kyuhyun. He changed.

 

The atmosphere suddenly change from a bright wam morning into a grave one. Sooyeon grumbled something before turning to leave, “He's a jerk!”

 

She was about to pass him when he grabbed her arms. “WHAT DID YOU SAY?” demanded Kyuhyun unwilling to let go of her.

 

Nothing!” snapped Sooyeon whose face is red from anger. “Oh really...Then I wonder who was the one that said 'He's a jerk!'...” Kyuhyun leaned in his face closer to her and his eyes never left hers.

 

Sooyeon struggled out of his strong grip only to find it useless. “Yah~Cho Kyuhyun! You better let go of me...” yelled Sooyeon who's throwing him dagger glares.

 

Or else what?” challenged Kyuhyun, raising his eyebrows. Sooyeon soon learn it's useless to fight him and decide to give in. “What do you want?” asked Sooyeon straight forwardly.

 

Be my girlfriend...” replied Kyuhyun with a smirk.

 

WAIT...WHAT?!?” shrieked Sooyeon with pure horror.

 

***

After the incident early in the morning everything between Sooyeon and Kyuhyun is tense and awkward.

 

Soon omma who sensed the tension in the air between the youngsters decide to speak up. “Did something happened between you two?” asked omma as she exchange looks from her son to Sooyeon.

 

A-aniyo omma...” Sooyeon tried to cover up the awkwardness since they started breakfast but seem to have failed because omma caught them anyway.

 

Omma narrowed her eyes towards Sooyeon and Kyuhyun especially but decide to let it go...for now.

 

I'm done...I'm leaving,” said Kyuhyun who barely touch his breakfast. “Does the food taste bad? Are you leaving already?” asked Sooyeon unable to stopped herself once she opened .

 

The moment she realized what she had done, she clamped shut and tried to cover her burning cheeks.

 

Kyuhyun ignore her and went out without a single word. Sooyeon bit her lips and look down at her plate.

 

Ahh~That kid!” said Mr. Cho as he take a sip of his coffee. “Don't mind him Sooyeon~ah! He's always like that! Leaving first without a single goodbye...” explained Mrs. Cho who looked defeated.

 

I'm tired of that kid! He should just get married already....” said Mr. Cho which made Sooyeon spill out her drink.

 

Ah aigoo...What's the matter with you?” asked omma who hurriedly went to get a napkin. “Ah I'm sorry...I didn't mean to,” apologized Sooyeon with tomato red face.

 

Married? The thought had given Sooyeon goosebumps that's why she had reacted that way.

 

Whoever is going to be his future wife I feel sorry for her...” thought Sooyeon silently to herself as she clean the mess she made.