Saviour

Be My Girlfriend?

 

 

Chapter 12

 

 

Sooyeon stuffed several clothing into her duffel bag as she figured she wouldn't need anything much when she's not around. She can always come here during the day anyway.

 

The girl had managed to gather up the guts to call Yuri for help. She now realize how truly kind the girl is. Sooyeon found it hard to believe that Yuri would allow her to stay in her house when she can barely be regarded as friends. They had only known each other for a couple of days.

 

Sooyeon skipped down the stairs with her bag sling across her shoulder. “Yah! Where are you going?” yelled Kyuhyun who's playing his laptop in the living room.

 

Weird, why can't he play in his room,” thought Sooyeon but ignored his question and walked out.

 

Aish~that brat!” hissed Kyuhyun as he lost his focus on the game. “Who are you calling brat?” asked another male as he came out from the kitchen. “Ah no one, hyung!” replied Kyuhyun as he continued his game but felt uneasy about something.

 

Hyung! You wouldn't mind if I leave for a while, would you?” asked Kyuhyun as he look over at Eunhyuk. The other guy look at his dongsaeng with a raised eyebrow but nodded nevertheless. “Just go...I have a date in half an hour anyway...” replied Eunhyuk who's now playing the laptop.

 

***

Sooyeon was walking towards the direction Yuri had told her earlier. The streets were dark and she figured not many people live around the area. You see this is the real trouble for Sooyeon she is mentally challenged when it comes to direction and the fact that she's unfamiliar with the area tops it off.

 

She decided to dial Yuri's number again to ask for help but stopped midway when she sensed something or someone is following her.

 

She turned around and true to what she thought. There was a drunk man behind her. He started eyeing her up and down while his lips at the same time. Ok, a drunk and erted man!

 

*Tut* She's in big trouble right now. Sooyeon made a run for it but the man was surprisingly fast despite being drunk. He muttered something incoherently and called out for someone.

 

Sooyeon was running for her life when suddenly out of nowhere another man with a bottle of beer appeared in front of her. It appears that they're in this together since they both had the smug look on their face but she's way too scared to bother about it right now.

 

Sooyeon made a dash to the right but the one in front of her caught her arms and pulled her back until she stumbles on the ground.

 

W-what do y-you want?!?” yelled Sooyeon as she feel the pain on her arms that got scraped. “You of course!” replied one of them with a slur.

 

Sooyeon began to stand and tried to escape again but this time both of them caught her. There's no stopping her from shedding tears now. She's scrared and worse she's alone.

 

Suddenly, Sooyeon felt one of the man's grip loosen and next thing she knows he's on the ground...beaten up!

 

The same thing happened with the other man and it happened in a matter of seconds!

 

Sooyeon is still in dazed as she witness everything in front of her though her vision is blurry because of the tears in her eyes but she can make out her newly found saviour.

 

Heck! She can recognize him even if he's a mile away!

 

He slowly walk up to her side. “K-Kyuhyun...” gasped Sooyeon whose sobbing grew louder by the time at the shock.

 

The incident had reminded her of the times when she need to face the gangsters whenever she can't pay off her dad's debt. Different is they're even worse than what she stumbled on earlier. Yet, no matter how many times she face these kind of man she can't defend herself well and ended up beaten.

 

Kyuhyun can't hide his anger but the very sight in front of him had managed to cool his anger down.

 

Everything's ok now! Why are you still crying?...” asked Kyuhyun in a rather harsh tone although he didn't mean to sound so.

 

Kyuhyun wanted to stop her from crying but felt useless at the moment because he can't think of a way to comfort her. Awkwardly he put an arm over her shoulder and tried to hug her.

 

Much to his surprise she didn't pull back or push him away. Instead, she snuggled closer to him and buried her face in his chest. “I-I...d-don't...” stuttered Sooyeon as she tried to calm herself down.

 

Shush...Let's not talk about it alright? I'll take you home,” replied Kyuhyun as he try to pick her up but she was unwilling to break the hug. He gave in and they ended up staying like that for quite some time.