It's better to let go

Be My Girlfriend?

 

 

Chapter 24

 

 

Kyuhyun furiously pressed on the number of his phone. Impatient he didn't wait for an answer from the other line and resort to text message.

 

From: Kyuhyun

Meet me at d park near campus @ 7.00pm.

Don't be late!

 

Kyuhyun started his car engine and quickly drive to his next destination. He picked up his phone expecting a reply but found one from the person he expected least.

 

Why did hyung text me?” thought Kyuhyun silently as he opened the message.

 

From: Donghae Hyung

Where are you, Kyu?

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes somehow knowing that his hyung had an idea of what's going on. Kyuhyun had been suspicious lately since his hyung seem to be closer with Sooyeon but thought nothing of it at first.

 

Arriving at the park he parked his car on the side of the road and stepped down with the bundle of letters in his hands. Frowning he eyed his watch which shows 7.00 pm sharp.

 

Oppaa!” called out a girl who's running from the opposite direction.

 

Still angry at the moment Kyuhyun clutched the letters in his hands even tighter. “Oppa, mianhe did you wait for a long time?” asked Hana with probably fakest attitude ever.

 

Kyuhyun spend no time having a sweet little chat with her instead he lifted up the letters so she can see it clearly. Kyuhyun know even though the letters were sent by different girls, he definitely know she's the mastermind of all this.

 

Afterall, she's the head of the club...

 

I know you're the one who started this, Hana!” said Kyuhyun with dagger stares. Hana stood in shock in a moment before starting her act.

 

What? Why would you think that way? There are hundreds of girls in the campus yet you accused me of all this?” she said while pointing towards the letter.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head and sigh, “I don't care who's behind all this! All I want is for it to stop so Hana you or tell whoever that is responsible for this to stop...”

 

Or else what?” Hana cut him rolling his eyes. “You'll see...” answered Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun turned his back and was about to leave. “Oppa, don't you think this is all your fault in the first place? If you never start to date that girl than this won't happen and she won't get hurt...”

 

Don't you think it's better for you to end it with her? That way she won't get hurt or you never know what might happen to her...”

 

Kyuhyun clenched his teeth and walked away but can't get rid of the haunting words which sound like a deadly warning.

 

Sooyeon~ah, what am I supposed to do? Is this it?” wondered Kyuhyun as he rest his head on the steering wheel.

 

***

Donghae sigh as he sat on the couch. He spend hours searching for his dongsaeng but failed to find him. He was about to head out again when there was a sudden loud knock on the door.

 

Donghae answered the door and right in front of him was his dongsaeng.

 

Oh Kyuhyun~ah!”

 

Turns out his dear dongsaeng was in a drunk state. “Hyung, did you know about this?” asked Kyuhyun as he waved a bunch of letters in his hand.

 

Hyung! Wae? Why is it that I always end up hurting her?!?”

 

Not being able to comprehend a single word Kyuhyun is saying, Donghae carried him to the living room and let him rest there.

 

Hyung, I kept my promise! I took care of Yoona like how you asked me to...Could you do the same for me?” asked Kyuhyun half asleep. Donghae was about to get a glass of water for his dongsaeng but was stopped by his words.

 

Donghae turned his back and faced Kyuhyun again, “What do you mean?”

 

Kyuhyun smirked, “Take care of Sooyeonnie for me because starting from this day on I won't stay by her side! So please, take care of her...”

 

Donghae stared in shock. Is his dongsaeng serious?

 

Kyu, what are you talking about?” He then realized how this is how Kyuhyun's going to protect Sooyeon. Kyuhyun doesn't want Sooyeon to end up getting hurt that is why he chose to distant himself from her.

 

Kyu...” started Donghae. Kyuhyun shook his head and cut his hyung, “Ani hyung! Don't even think of changing my mind! I've hurt her a lot of time...” Kyuhyun continued, “It's better to let go...”

 

Kyuhyun's sure of his answer now. He had been spending time thinking about it lately. At first, he might be unsure of what he's feeling but right now he's certain.

 

He loves her...

 

Sadly enough he can't stay by her side cause he believe it will cause her more pain especially if his fans is to continue attacking her.

 

Arasso Kyu, just rest for now. Don't worry about things...” comforted Donghae. He then glanced at his dongsaeng one more time before returning to his room. “Kyu, you can't let her go easily, you'll regret it later on...” sighed Donghae.

 

It's better to let go...” mumbled Kyuhyun in his sleep, “Mianhe Sooyeonnie...”