IFs

Be My Girlfriend?

 

 

Chapter 25

 

 

Eversince Kyuhyun found out about the letters, Sooyeon seldom see him around. It's just like he suddenly disappeared out of her life. Even at home where they supposed to see each other often, he somehow found a way to avoid Sooyeon by every means possible.

 

It has been exactly 3 months since Kyuhyun started avoiding Sooyeon and vice versa. Rumors about them 'breaking up' are also spreading everywhere.

 

Yuri and Sunny doubted this but remained silent knowing that Sooyeon need her own space and time to figure matters out.

 

All in all the only one who really has an idea of what's happening between her and Kyuhyun is Donghae.

 

By the time Sooyeon asked Donghae assisstance in hiding the secret from Kyuhyun, he had been the one Sooyeon would rely on. Plus, Sooyeon decided to spill things out to him. That way some of her burden can be lifted up.

 

Donghae on the other hand was more than glad to be able to help the girl. He also kept on reminding her not to feel bad about depending on him. Besides, he's doing it for Kyuhyun but then again part of him is willing to do so.

 

Without them knowing much they had actually grew closer to each other. This in turn resulted in a rumor that Sooyeon had dumped Kyuhyun for Donghae.

 

Apart from her, Kyuhyun had also been back to his old self. The Kyuhyun who used to ignore Sooyeon all the time and not bothering her. He's back to being swarm by his fans, who's probably the happiest among the others that he's finally single again.

 

It's funny how without even communicating with each other they know it's all over between them. The real question is what's over...

 

Their fake girlfriend contract?

 

Or something else...

 

***

Sooyeonnie!” someone shout out the girl's name making her turn her head to the side and found someone waving at her.

 

She had to admit these past few months she felt so at peace. Aside from it she realized something there's always that one person that stood by her side.

 

It's Donghae...

 

Sooyeon can't betray her feelings especially when now she knows that she might develop feelings for Donghae. He was always there by her side and maybe she had taken him to liking eversince the first time they met, it's just that she realized it later on.

 

But just deep deep down in the pit of her heart she's aware that there's someone else. Someone who she can't help but daydream of all day long. Despite not seeing him she still can picture him clearly in her head.

 

Biting her lips Sooyeon shove the thought far away and focused on what she's doing. Donghae plopped himself beisde Sooyeon on the grass and grinned at her.

 

What were you daydreaming about?” asked the typical question he would ask. This was probably because of Sooyeon's continuous habit of daydreaming and getting caught by Donghae everytime.

 

Oppa!!...” whined Sooyeon as she hid her own smile. He chuckled at her, “You know it's fine to admit that you do miss him...”

 

Sooyeon can't retort to that one she can't even argue to it. She know he's right like he had always been.

 

I-I don't k-know....” stuttered Sooyeon.

 

Donghae placed his finger on Sooyeon's chin and held her face up making her look at him. “Soo, I know I'm not suppose to do this but I can't stand it anymore...”

 

He paused for a second, “I like you...”

 

Sooyeon froze in shock and became mute.

 

Ottoke??”

 

***

Donghae saw how Sooyeon's expression changed into a blank expression when he told her he likes her.

 

It's true though. From the moment he stood by her side and spend time with her he realized one thing. He's falling for her...hard.

 

It's been some time since the last girl he met had managed to capture his heart like how Sooyeon did. Sure, she's just like any other girl but there's something about her that makes you wanna stay by her side and protect her.

 

Donghae had learn how to let go of the ones he love and move on. Now that he met Sooyeon he believe she can fill in the hole inside his heart which is long empty.

 

In the back of his mind, Donghae probably felt guilty because he's to face Kyuhyun. He knew very well that his dongsaeng is head over heels over Sooyeon but this time he won't let the girl who managed to caputre his heart slipped from his arms again.

 

***

From afar Kyuhyun watched as his hyung approached the girl he missed so much. Kyuhyun then sigh knowing that he should probably stay as far as he could from Sooyeon.

 

Kyuhyun doesn't know excatly why he's doing this but he's just so scared to cause pain to the girl. He remembered the first time he saw her cry the night when she wanted to stay over at her friend's place and ended up in a situation he prefer no to recall.

 

If only he wasn't who he is...

 

If only he doesn't have fans...

 

If only he never started singing...

 

Kyuhyun shut his eyes knowing it's useless listing down all the 'ifs' when right now he can't do anything for the girl he loves except watching her from afar.

 

Hyung, is this how you feel when you secretly watch Yoona?” said Kyuhyun out loud to himself unaware that behind the pillar someone was there holding her breath.