Small Reunion

Be My Girlfriend?

 

Chapter 1

 

Sooyeon stared at the open space. For the first time she's finally back in Korea she realized how much she missed it!

 

Soo...kajja!” called out the man beside her. It's Mr. Cho, her father's most loyal friend.

 

Eversince the death of her father Sooyeon was having a hard time coping with everything. She likes to zone in and out from time to time. “I miss you, appa...” she mumbled blinking her tears away.

 

Even if he had hurt her, she still loves him. He's the best dad & mom altogether anyway.

 

Well until...

 

She shoved away the thought as she's afraid tears might start falling.

 

Sooyeon remembered the time she left Korea and how her dad had assured her that everything will be fine.

 

He lied to her.

 

They were actually running away from debt collectors and even after their arrival in the States, her dad was not free from his gambling problems and resulted in more debts.

 

Sooyeon snapped back to reality as Mr. Cho called her attention and hurried her into the taxi.

 

Sooyeon was a little glad when she found out Mr. Cho would bring her back and let her live with him. At least she still has a place to stay. He's like her second father anyway and it would be likely if he ended up being her guardian since she has no other family.

 

Since the very first time Sooyeon's dad had fall into debts and struggle with his gambling habits, Mr. Cho was the one who helped her dad out and cleaning up his mess. He was also the one who had suggested that the family move to the States to start over but Sooyeon's dad only end up with another disappointment. But by then Sooyeon was already a grown up and come to understand the situation. So instead on depending on others for help she worked to pay off the debts herself.

 

Still, Sooyeon had always felt grateful towards the man seated in front of her.

 

Soo...you're not going to stop day dreaming, are you?” asked the grey haired man as he turn his head towards her.

 

Ah sorry ajusshi! Did you say something?” asked Sooyeon blushing a little. “Aniyo...Don't mind it!” replied Mr. Cho as he turn his back.

 

Sooyeon sighed and continued gazing out the window. “Appa, will everything get better?” Sooyeon wondered silently wishing her dad was there to say 'yes' even if he was to lie to her.

 

***

 

Half an hour later the taxi came to a stop in front of a white house. “Sooyeon~ah, you don't mind living here, do you?” asked Mr. Cho as he opened the gate for her.

 

Of course not, ajusshi! I am already grateful that you're willing to accept me here!” claimed Sooyeon in a hurry. She never felt more grateful in her life before than she is right now besides she has a family to accept her. She's thankful just for that.

 

As soon as she enter the house she noticed a warm looking lady standing in the living room as if waiting for someone. Then it hit her...It's omma! Her second mother!

 

Omma...!!” squealed Sooyeon who dashed for a hug. It has been years since she last saw Mrs. Cho, whom she had been calling omma ever since the day she was able to say the word.

 

Aigoo...My daughter has grown a lot!” said the mother like lady while patting the young girl's back. They embrace each other for quite some time before pulling apart.

 

You can finally stop nagging me about having a daughter instead of a son,” joked ajusshi as he finished unloading the luggage from the taxi.

 

Three voices laugh in unison as they enjoy the small reunion.

 

If only there wasn't a missing member...