Busted

Be My Girlfriend?

 

 

Chapter 22

 

 

The following days had been quite peaceful for Sooyeon as she seldom see Kyuhyun around, neither did he asked her to pose as his so-called girlfriend.

 

Sometimes though Sooyeon can't help but wonder how Kyuhyun would stand against those who don't give a mind about him already having a girlfriend. They're literally crazy over him!

 

Sooyeon puffed her cheeks and stared outside the window from her seat in the now empty class. Class was dismissed like an hour ago but she just felt like staying. She prefer being alone sometime rather than having showered by glares everytime she stumbled on one of the Angelz.

 

The sound of knocking on the door caused Sooyeon to jump slightly. Donghae, the one who had knocked, chuckled at her reaction.

 

Why are you still here?” asked Donghae as he leaned against the door. Sooyeon shrugged and continue to look out. “Dunno, why are you here oppa?”

 

Donghae imitated her and decided to keep her company. “You don't mind don't you?” asked Donghae smiling sweetly at her. “Course not!” Sooyeon couldn't help but think how different Donghae is to Kyuhyun even though they're close to each other.

 

Hae oppa, what is Kyuhyun like before?” the words slipped out of Sooyeon's tongue unconciously as her mind wander around that particular person. “Huh?...”

 

For a second, Donghae was taken aback but then again she must be refering to his childhood days. “Umm you mean when he's younger?” asked Donghae doubtfully.

 

Sooyeon bit her tongue as she regret letting the question slipped her tongue. “Uh-h yeah...” stuttered Sooyeon faking a smile.

 

Donghae smiled knowing how Kyuhyun would surely never tell anyone about his childhood days. He started by telling Sooyeon how Kyuhyun had been a geek. “You know he always ace in maths! And nearly all the other subjects. You can practically call him a 'genius'...”

 

Sooyeon grinned like a fool imagining how Kyuhyun would look like back during his middle and high school days.

 

Well, yeah that kid have a lot to keep to himself but pretty much everyone know he loves his game so much...” Donghae rolled his eyes as he kept on smiling.

 

Ah, do you know it wasn't until the last years of our high school that he reveal his hidden talent? His singing...!!” exclaimed Donghae with an expression that caused Sooyeon to giggle.

 

Oppa, you look so funny a while ago...” Donghae lighten seeing how her mood had slightly change to a better one.

 

I see you feel much better now...” stated Donghae which caught Sooyeon off guard. She sighed, “How did you figure out I was in a bad mood oppa?”

 

When she flaunted that question Donghae's expression slightly change. “I found this...” He showed her one of the hate letters intended for her. Sooyeon's eye widen in shock, “Oppa!”

 

Donghae shook his head, “You're keeping it a secret aren't you? Does Kyuhyun know?” Sooyeon hung her head low and shook her head. “No oppa, but please I beg you not to tell him...'

 

Sooyeon doens't have a clue how Kyuhyun will react but she know enough to know that it will surely cause a great chaos if he finds out.

 

It's Donghae's turn to sigh, “Fine, I'll keep my mouth shut since it's your problem and his but promise me Soo that you'll not get yourself hurt while trying to protect Kyu at the same time...”

 

That last statement left Sooyeon speechless. Did Donghae figure out about the whole fake girlfriend deal. Why in the world would he think that she's protecting Kyu?

 

What do you mean oppa?” asked Sooyeon timidly. Donghae shrugged and went back to his smiley face.

 

Sooyeon frowned a second and can't help but be bother about it. Did Kyuhyun tell him? If so, he broke one of the rules. Another question came up to her.

 

Oppa, how did you end up getting this letter...” Sooyeon raised her eyebrows at him expecting a proper answer this time.

 

Oh, that's easy! I was back in class tidyiing my stuff when one of his fans asked me for a pen. I lend it to her and when I ask for it back I accidentally saw what she wrote on the paper...”

 

Sooyeon nodded her head. “Guess she was embarrassed that she got caught that's why she tossed it somewhere when she thought I wasn't looking...”

 

The girl turned her head towards him, “And you picked it up?” Donghae nodded, “I need proof don't I? To confront you...”

 

Sooyeon returned his smile and rest her head on the table. “Anyway thanks oppa for being here...” Donghae felt happy being able to help her in the smallest possible way.

 

Deep down Sooyeon felt something different, “Being with Donghae oppa reminds me of appa...” mumbled Sooyeon but not loud enough for Donghae to listen.

 

Gomawo Donghae oppa,” thanked Sooyeon the last time.