Where? What? Why?...

Be My Girlfriend?

 

 

Chapter 23

 

 

Kyuhyun sat in the empty band room. “Should I go find her?” Kyuhyun can't stop thinking about that particular question.

 

He wanted go to find her but then again something is stopping him from doing so. Kyuhyun is surely unhappy about the incident a few days back. He knew what his 'fans' were trying to do to Sooyeon but then again they act as if they're sinless.

 

It sickens him...

 

It's better to distant himself from her right? That way his fans would also do same...is it?

 

Kyuhyun rest his eyes for a couple of seconds before re-opening it. He let out a huge sigh before making up his final decision.

 

Finally being able to make up his mind he grab his jacket and head over to the library. That's where Sooyeon usually hang out.

 

Arriving in the library minutes later, Kyuhyun can't find the girl anywhere in sight. “Aish~Where is she?”

 

Fishing for his phone he wonder if she's still in class...sleeping. Okay, maybe she's not sleeping but Kyuhyun prefers to put it that way.

 

Kyuhyun smiled to himself thinking how his guess might be right and jogged his way to her class only to find...

 

Donghae?

 

What is hyung doing here...?” wondered Kyuhyun but before he could take a step further he noticed his hyung talking to someone. Obviously, that someone is no other than Sooyeon.

 

Kyuhyun wanted to go peek at them but someone managed to stopped him again. “Oppaa...”

 

Yoona come up in front of Kyuhyun from behind. Kyuhyun felt defeated at once, “Oh Yoona...”

 

The girl put on her best smile and without further warning hugged Kyuhyun. Surprised by the sudden action Kyuhyun scanned around to see if anyone's seeing. True enough there were witnesses.

 

Yoona, let go...” The girl pouted at him but did as told. “Wae oppa?” Kyuhyun just shook his head and turned his back.

 

Oppa, let's just go find something to eat okay...” Kyuhyun sighed and let her do whatever she want.

 

Where's my girlfriend when I need her??” muttered Kyuhyun barely audible.

 

***

Kyuhyun~ah! Sooyeonnie! Dinner is ready!” Mrs. Cho called out from below the stairs. “And Kyuhyun you better shut that computer of yours now!” ordered omma as she can easily tell that her son is busy with his beloved computer.

 

Seconds later, Kyuhyun arrived down stairs and much to everyone's surprised Sooyeon the one who's usually there first is absent.

 

That's so unlike Sooyeonnie! Kyu, go call her...” ushered omma who's busy setting the plates. Kyuhyun sighed, “Arasso omma...”

 

He knocked on the door several times receiving on answer. Tired of it Kyuhyun barged in to find her asleep with all her assignments around her acting as a pillow.

 

Yah~You lazy pig! Quickly get up! Dinner is ready...” He stopped for a second when he saw a stack of paper and envelope of all sorts piled up on one side of the desk.

 

Curioused he took it and started to browse through. It took him less than a minute to being furious at what he saw.

 

Clutching onto the letters tightly he exited the room, leaving with a loud slam.

 

Sooyeon fluttered her eyes opened at the loud noise. “What happened?” She rubbed her sleepy eyes and her eyes landed on the empty spot on the table where her collection of hate letters, which she planned to burn, should be.

 

Her eyes nearly popped out of its socket at realization. Panicking Sooyeon quickly search around the room for it but found not a single trace of it.

 

Defeated and sure that it's all lost or probably in Kyuhyun's hands, Sooyeon slumped herself on the floor and dial the only person she could rely on by the second.

 

***

That night Kyuhyun did not come back for dinner which worries both his parents and Sooyeon. Omma and ajhussi wanted to know what happened between her and their son but Sooyeon simply said 'nothing's wrong'.

 

They totally know something is up but chose to leave the matter to the kids themselves besides it's not Kyuhyun's first time to leave the house in a bad mood like that. They assured Sooyeon that he'll be fine and when he calmed down, he'll return.

 

Sooyeon hoped it's true what they told her and continued fiddling her hands while waiting for his return.

 

Kim Sooyeon, you pabo! You shouldn't have left the letters like that!” scold Sooyeo to herself

 

Kyu, what are you going to do? I didn't know he would react this way...” Sooyeon blinked her tears away, “What am I going to do?...”