Guilty

Be My Girlfriend?

 

 

Chapter 13

 

 

They had arrived home and Kyuhyun had forced her to stay in the living room while he get the first aid kit. Sooyeon sighed and bit her bottom lip, “I should at least call Yuri to explain.”

 

The next few minutes was followed by a series of panic sounds made by Yuri and her apologizing about how she hadn't come to fetch her which Sooyeon really think wasn't her fault.

 

It's ok, Yul! If by any chance I should be thanking even just for allowing me to stay in your place...” said Sooyeon. “Oh...But where are you now?” asked Yuri worriedly.

 

Umm...I'm with Kyu,” answered Sooyeon softly. She didn't tell anyone that she's actually living with him so she had come up with a lie earlier that her apartment is under renovation and she needs a place to stay.

 

Aww...That's so sweet of him taking care of you...” cooed Yuri from the other side. Sooyeon saw Kyuhyun coming with the kit in his hand. “I'll talk to you later, okay?” said Sooyeon before she hang up.

 

Stay still!” ordered Kyuhyun as he grabbed Sooyeon's arm that was injured. “It's going to sting...” warned Kyuhyun which made Sooyeon flinch. “Ah! I'll do it myself...” said Sooyeon who's scared by the smirk on his face.

 

Ani! I'll do it!” One glare from him and Sooyeon shut . He can be scary sometimes. “Thank you...” mumbled Sooyeon that cause Kyuhyun to stop for a split second.

 

I don't know what will happen if it wasn't for you...” continued Sooyeon. Kyuhuyn clenched his teeth at the thought of what might happen if he's a tad bit late.

 

I told you not to talk about it!” yelled Kyuhyun, who can't guarantee that he won't smash anything if she reminds him of what the bastards nearly do to her.

 

Fine! I just want to say thanks...” whispered Sooyeon afraid she might upset him.

 

Didn't I tell you before I'll always be there for you...” said Kyuhyun all of the sudden and somehow Sooyeon felt like she's talking to the old Kyuhyun she used to goof around with.

 

I mean it, Soo...” continued Kyuhyun as he stared into her eyes. He felt the sudden urge to pull her and hug her. “Aish~Kyu! Why are you like this!” scold the male to himself.

Kyuhyun can't explain to himself why is he feeling a need to protect her.

 

He stood up and left her whose currently frozen his words. “Kyu...Why didn't you show up that day...? asked Sooyeon who has been avoiding that question ever since she came back.

 

Kyuhyun on the other hand knew very well what she's refering to and can't believe that she didn't know. “Didn't you read my letters?!?” hissed Kyuhyun who's now clenching his fists.

 

Huh...W-what letter?” asked Sooyeon dumbfoundedly. Kyuhyun turn to look at her, “What do you mean what letter?”

 

I've send you loads of them over the years! Are you saying you didn't even bother to look at it?!?” barked the furious Kyuhyun.

 

Seriously Kyu! I don't know what you're taking about...” snapped Sooyeon who can't stand his false accusation towards her.

 

For a whole minute both of the were silent until Kyuhyun spoke up. “So you mean you never receive my letters?” asked Kyuhyun softer this time. Sooyeon shook her head, “No, I kept on moving from one place to another because the debt collectors were after me and dad...” her voice then trailed off.

 

Both pair of eyes widen at the realization. “Don't tell me all these time I've send you the letters but it never reach you cause you already move...” said Kyuhyun letting out a huge sigh as he run his hand in through his hair.

 

I'm so sorry, Kyu! I thought you didn't want to be friends with me anymore! I totally misunderstand you!” said Sooyeon as guilt rushed over her. She stroll to his side and just stood there awkwardly.

 

Kyuhyun stared back at her coldly, “Then why don't you bother to write to me? Even once...”

 

He looked sad not to mention hurt which increase the guilt in Sooyeon. “Didn't we promise each other to keep in touch no matter what?” he speak up again.

 

I-I thought you don't want to be friends with me anymore since you didn't show up at the airport anyway and I didn't get to see the letters. I also had to work all the part time jobs I can to clear off the debts do you think I have the luxury of time?” explained Sooyeon with tears rolling down her cheeks.

 

Kyuhyun sigh and pull her into a hug, “I'm sorry...I broke my promise for not showing up that day but I did tell you why I couldn't make it when I send you my letter. I was sick that time, Soo. The doctor won't allow me to leave...”

 

Sooyeon gasped in shock and look up. All these time she really had misunderstood him and she felt guilty for it. “I feel so bad right now! I'm sorry oppa...”

 

She had always thought that Kyuhyun was the one at fault as to how they turn out right now but only now she realize it's her all along. She used to convince herself that Kyuhyun had forgotten her and wanted to let go of him, silently afraid of getting more pain as she thought Kyuhyun lied to her like her dad did.

 

In the end she came up with her own solution that is she busied herself with work. It worked. She eventually forgets him and let go of him.

 

But only now Sooyeon understand the true meaning of guilt. “Mianhe oppa...”

 

Kyuhyun wipe away her tears and break into a grin when he heard her call him 'oppa'.

 

I missed that! Call me 'oppa' again!” pleaded Kyuhyun and she did so. He hug her even tighter and refuse to let her go no matter what.