Pinky Promise

Be My Girlfriend?

 

 

 

Chapter 18

 

 

Sooyeon stared at the dark sky full of stars from the balcony of her spacy room. “Appa, can you hear me right now? You're watching over me, right?” said Sooyeon threatening her own tears to fall.

 

I miss you...Appa, do you know I have my own club now? Yeah, too bad they're all hating me! Ironic, right? But it doesn't matter now I clearly understand Kyuhyun's situation and what happened between us was a misunderstanding,” continued the lonely girl.

 

I just wish you're here,” muttered Sooyeon. Sooyeon traced her mind back to the first time she received a hate letter slipped into her bag. It somehow had an effect on her as all the threat seem so real and not just a typical warning.

 

The girl let out a huge sigh as she let tears roll down her cheeks, “Appa, I miss you...”

 

Without her knowing someone's outside hearing her all the while.

 

You really miss him don't you?” asked Kyuhyun as he leaned against the wall.

 

Mianhe, jeongmal mianhe...” whispered Kyuhyun as he shut his eyes.

 

***

That night both Kyuhyun and Sooyeon stayed up tossing around in their own beds. Without realization both of them sit up at the same time.

 

This is not working!” Sooyeon frowned and stop counting up till 548. Kyuhyun stood up and went over to his laptop but soon lose interest.

 

The doors creaked as both of them popped their heads out. “Oh Kyu, you're still awake...” Kyuhyun sighed and nodded before walking towards the living room. Sooyeon decide she has nothing else to do and follow.

 

Why are you still up?” asked Kyuhyun looking up the ceiling. “Same as you probably. I can't sleep.” answered Sooyeon.

 

You miss your dad, don't you?” questioned Kyuhyun again now looking straight at her. She was unable to speak so she just nodded her head weakly.

 

How did you know?” Sooyeon tilt her head to the side and waited for an answer. Unfortunately her only answer is a smirk.

 

Kyuhyun gestured her to come closer. At first Sooyeon was confsued but then scooted over anyways. “Do you want me to sing for you?” offered Kyuhyun to which Sooyeon nodded her head eagerly.

 

It's one of the things Kyuhyun used to do for Sooyeon. Whenever Sooyeon is feeling down or having difficulty sleeping he would always sing for her. She had to admit he had always been a great singer.

 

Soon, Kyuhyun's voice filled the room and sent Sooyeon into a deep slumber. “Sleep well and have a nice dream...” whispered Kyuhyun before closing his eyes as well.

 

***

Flashback

 

Sooyeonnie! Sooyeonnie...” called out a boy to the little girl crying on the bench. The little girl raised her head a little to catch a glimpse of her bestfriend coming up to her.

 

Kyuhyun stopped to catch his breath beside the girl, “Ah! Here you are! Do you know everyone's busy looking for you? Good thing only I know that you like to come here to cry...”

 

Sooyeon looked up once more with her swollen red eyes. Little Kyuhyun immediately looked panic and sat beside her, “What's wrong? Are you scared? Is it because of the gangsters? Just see when I grow up I'll beat them up for you and protect you!” vowed Kyuhyun. Sadly, she still continued crying.

 

Kyuhyun was thinking of ways to comfort her and finally he stood up. He started dancing silly moves which he totally made up at the last minute and all the while he was singing. Amazingly, Sooyeon stopped crying and break into a smile.

 

After a moment of comfort silence, Sooyeon spoke up.

 

Oppa, when we grow up you won't lie to me, would you?” asked Sooyeon facing Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun shook his head with full determination. “I won't! Why would I?” Kyuhyun patted Sooyeon's shoulder and tried comforting her.

 

She sobbed a little before asking him again, “Oppa, you would never leave me like my mother did right?” Kyuhyun was left speechless by the little girl's word. He knew that she never get to be with her mother because her mother had passed away when she's barely a month old.

 

I won't Sooyeonnie! So don't worry I'll stay by your side...” promised Kyuhyun, his little pinky iintertwined with hers.