Luhan's Past

Exo-Planet

Lay and Kris were there. Suho was back from work and when I went in with Luhan, I saw them all look at us from inside the living room.

Chanyeol was lying on the sofa, his eyes closed.
"He's okay, right?" I asked going over to him.
"Mmm, Lay's just treated him. He's okay but he needs time to rest a bit," Suho said and then turned to Luhan, "I know you're angry about this but if you hurt another member again out of your own selfishness, I swear, I'm not going to let you go."
Luhan stayed quiet and looked to the ground.
"At least you've done one good thing today..." Suho said and looked to me. I guess he referred to the fact that he brought me over, "I'll help you persuade your parents."
"No, they won't let me stay after hearing an unfamiliar guy's voice. Just... let me do it. I can't stay for that long though. I'll stay until Chanyeol gets better. That's why I'm here," I said then thought back to when Luhan told me about the danger I was in, "Why do you need me here?"
 
Suho sighed, "SMA, an assassin group is attacking and kidnapping Souls from Exo-Planet and they've even moved onto ones from Earth. We've received news that you're next."
"I'm next?" I repeated, unable to consume the information.
Suho nodded, "That's why we need to keep you protected for the rest of the time. Until they've captured the people, that is but who knows when that will be. A few of the Groups have actually set off, and the Board as well, to try and catch those people but they've only caught some people and those wouldn't even give off any information about the kidnappings. The caught ones have been left with the Board to deal with. Since the other Groups are moving now, we should quickly gather all our members and take some action too. Quick."
 
 
I was out with Luhan the next day. Kris had left and said he would meet us at the Stadium tomorrow. Suho was at work and Lay had stayed overnight to look after Chanyeol who had just gained consciousness but still needed more rest so since he was the Guardian, he chose to stay with him.
I had only forgiven Luhan when I overheard them talking about it yesterday. While Chanyeol and Lay stayed in the living room and on his sofa, Suho had given me his room to sleep and he went to sleep with Luhan for the meantime. I got up for the toilet but I heard some whispers from their room.
 
-- FLASHBACK --
 
"Tell me. About your past and tell me the truth. You may not want to but I need to know in order for you to gain my trust," Suho's voice said.
I went over in soundless steps and listened in, peering in through the gap. The lamp was on and Suho had sat on the chair while Luhan sat cross legged on his mattress.
He seemed to hesitate to reply.
"Chanyeol's down there, almost dying because of you. I know that as a wolf, it's hard to control sometimes but maybe if you try to tell me, you'll trust me and things like these... you won't want them to happen again, right?"
Luhan turned so that his back faced Suho, "I'll tell you like this," he took a deep breath as if all the sad memories suddenly flushed back in to his mind which he had tried to wash away.
 
"I was an only child. My mother was widowed. Her older brother joined forces with the Bads because Claw gave them an offer and he even tried to get us into it but my mother wasn't selfish and she thought of me and so she took me to Exo-Planet with her to get away from all the bad stuff in Beatarum. For the first few years, I was happy there. There wasn't a rainy day in my heart when I spent days there. Everything was just so simple and peaceful. I even met Ricyri, my first love. Then, as we grew older, we became lovers and my mum even arranged us to be married," Luhan laughed, "It was... perfect," he paused then his voice wasn't soft anymore, "Just a few months before our marriage and the war had started just a few days ago, a day which we planned to go to play around in the meadows... I was late and that was the biggest mistake I had ever made. That day... was my regret and it's why I'm here right now. It is why I live with a curse. I saw her on the ground... blood all over her... her head was almost ripped off her body. Those people, those bad people... they her then killed her and when I went there... they laughed and laughed and laughed... And when I went home after killing them... I think, if I was any younger, I would have killed myself... they were from the same group and they told me that they did it because I killed their members... they killed my only relative that I could call a relative," he sniffed. I couldn't see his face but I knew he must be crying.
 
Outside the door, I had cupped my hands around my mouth and I felt tears running down my face. He... Luhan... his life was, has been so hard all along yet he's still strong and living up to it. How much burden must his heart be carrying right now. If it wasn't raining before in his heart, right now, a storm must be occurring. It must have been hard fighting that storm on his own without a love or family.
 
"How did the curse come in?" Suho asked after a few minutes.
"A witch family I knew. Their daughter liked me but I told them straight, I haven't liked them and never will because I had Ricyri but the daughter went running to her mum and then, she put a curse on me. A curse that... if I ever loved a girl, they would eventually get killed."
I could tell Suho didn't know how to react because there were no sounds from him until again, after a few minutes, he went over to Luhan and patted him on the shoulder, "I forgive you but next time, remember, we all share similar pasts. We're all angry. We all want to kill those people too but keep that in or don't let it out on our members. Please."
"I know sorrys can't clear anything but it's all I can say to him right now," Luhan said in a quiet whisper.
"Just protect Nayoung from now on on behalf of her best friend."
 
I had turned away after that.
That was all I needed to hear. Now I knew what he had lived his previous years as, I didn't want to hear or ever ask any other member their past in case, my heart would hurt a second time.
______________________________________________________________________
Note from Niko - I was actually trying to go emotional in this chapter... But I dunno if that worked...  Lol okay well, so this was the promised chapter... and so I have finished the Age gif/meme/ picture thing so now, I'll do the times when they were in the Mama era~~ During their debut times kekekeke ^^