The Meeting

Exo-Planet

The first half of the morning went by very quick. I spent almost every lesson thinking of the scheduled meeting with Kris except for Chemistry because I was too busy with the experiment.

 
There were five minutes until lunch.
The teacher was reading a paragraph from an English history textbook. The whole class sat quiet but some were already fidgeting to get out. Chanyeol sat beside the window. I was in the table beside his. He was fidgeting with his phone under the table. I took out my pencil and a small memo note from my bag then wrote on it very quickly:
 
Can you come with me somewhere at lunch?
 
I scrunched the note up and threw it under his table. He saw it and quickly picked it up before the teacher noticed but then again, he was so focused on the English words on the textbook to care.
Chanyeol read it and wrote on the same note:
 
First, where?
 
He passed it back the same way. I replied with:
 
Gym room...
 
He looked at it quickly then mouthed a 'wae' at me.
'I need to show you something' I mouthed back.
He gave a confused face but it was one of his funny reaction faces like he didn't believe what I was saying but then gave me an OK sign under his table.
 
 
I turned back to the teacher as the bell rang. I started packing my things, wondering if this was the right thing to do. I have to admit, it certainly was exciting and could mean a whole different life for me. For most of the years I've been alive, nothing much has happened to me. I was just as ordinary as one could get and sometimes I wished for supernatural things like this to happen. However, the thing I've wanted to happen all my life is actually the thing I've been trying to avoid for the past week or so. Funny, huh? Dreams and imaginations are so different from reality.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had finished my lunch and so did Chanyeol and we were walking towards the gym room. The gym room was small and it was just a place for some of the fitness equipment that was too old, some mats and benches. Just gym stuff.
 
"So... what is this for?" he asked.
"When we enter this room, you'll know."
"You know, Nayoung... you've been acting really weird these few days. What's wrong?" he looked a bit worried as he put his hand on my shoulder.
"Everything will be clear once we open this door."
 
I opened the door of the gym room and we both walked in. It was dark. There were no windows in the room.
I closed the door behind us. The lights went on and I saw Kris sitting on top of a step-up bench. How long had he been in here for?
Chanyeol saw him too.
 
"I'm here. So show me what you promised," I said.
He turned his head and tapped his index finger on the lid of a water bottle. Then the lid seemed to unscrew itself and a water formation was coming out again. While this was happening, Kris spoke up, "I hope your heart was prepared for this."
Chanyeol and I looked at the formation. He looked shocked. This was the first time he saw something like this though so I wouldn't blame him.
 
I gripped Chanyeol's hand and squeezed it for whatever was coming.
 
________________________________________________________________________________
Note from Niko - So how was the week, guys? In the UK, the holidays are over after Sunday and I'm really sad. The days have been rainy as well but I've had a nice holiday overall. How was yours? ^^
 

Annyeong, have a good rest day tomorrow~ ^^ Keke