Breakfast with Lay

Exo-Planet
Lay went downstairs after our conversation. He told me to come down too after some time. 
I sat in the bed for another few minutes, thinking about what he had just told me.
So, Suho has been on this mission for 60 odd years and Kris has been lonely at the school for the past 40 years... I wonder, how they felt when they found me... because, after 60 years, you finally meet the Soul and three more other members. I wonder how they all felt. Even Lay, who's been on this road for so long with Suho, working hard alongside him.
 
I went downstairs after brushing my teeth, feeling a bit better and looked at the clock which was just in view from my perspective. It was hanging on the wall in the living room and I could see that it showed the time was almost 12 at noon which means I had been napping for 4 hours already after the others left for school.
I went into the kitchen.
"What are you cooking?" I asked, watching the back of Lay at the stove. I always found men who could cook attractive. He turned round and in his hands, which were wearing baking gloves, he was holding a pot of hot congee.
"Oh, congee da!" I said. I couldn't really smell anything due to my blocked nose but it looked really nice. I went over to the tray and took out two spoons and two pairs of chopsticks.
"I just followed the recipe book. I've never tried this before but it looked simple enough to make so I thought why not?" he said and set the pot on top of a wooden mat on the kitchen table.
I sat down as Lay went over to the fridge and took out the tub of kimchi. Suho, Lay and Luhan loved it. At the beginning, they couldn't get quite used to the Korean taste but as they kept on eating it, they started to enjoy it more and more until now - they eat it every day.
 
I took my spoon and dug in as Lay sat down after placing down the tub next to the pot of congee.
I took my first mouthful. It looked hot but was really lukewarm in reality and the rice was a bit too moist for my taste but apart from that, it was nice. Simple and perfect for sick people. Some kimchi added some more flavor to it and it tasted better with it. Lay wasn't a bad cook but I wouldn't say his skills amazed me. Well, considering this was his first time, it's quite good.
"How is it?" he asked, leaning in towards me.
"Mmm, nice," I said. I wasn't lying.
He took a spoonful himself and ate then frowned straight after, "It's not hot enough, is it?"
"Aniyo, gwaenchana, oppa, it's still good," I said, eating again.
"Since you're ill, this has to be right," he got up and took the pot with him to the stove and started stewing it again.
"Oppa, it was fine," I persuaded.
"Aniya, it's okay," he said, "It's just heating it up a little. You should go and take the medicine."
"Medicine...?"
"Ne," he said.
"Errrmmm...." I got up, not sure where to go since I didn't know where it was. Even though I've been here a lot, I actually had no idea where things like the first aid kit was. Simply because, no one in this family got sick and I never had to look after them. So, I started looking around in all the cupboards, opening each one up one by one.
Lay saw me doing this and came over to the cupboard next to the one I was opening, opened it up and reached in for a bottle of fever medicine. He took it down and started looking at the instructions on it. After studying for about 10 seconds, he put it down on the table, told me to sit and got me a glass of water, "Here you go, take two of these pills every four hours, okay?"
I nodded and did as I was told. I was a bit hesitant because sometimes, when I tried to swallow the medicine with the water, it would get stuck in the throat and I really didn't like the strong taste of the medicine but I swallowed it anyway. It didn't get stuck and I gulped up the remaining water.
 
Lay patted me on the head and put the glass away to rinse later.
"Errrmm, oppa... do you smell something burning?" I asked.
"Omo!" he rushed over to the pot and stewed it. The bottom part was completely burnt.
I went over, turned the gas off and pushed him out of the kitchen, "Don't misunderstand me. It's not because your cooking's bad but let me do it, okay?" I shut the door in his face before he could answer.
 
After around twenty minutes or so, a new pot was done. I let him back in. He had been in the living room, looking at newspapers from SM which he collects every morning through Pixel Post. Pixel Post is under the same system as Pixel System except it sends you articles and mail through it. Kind of like, our version of mail being delivered but SM does it through a portal in the Pixel Post. It's like your own personal mail box. Everyone had made one too but I haven't received anything yet.
Anyway, I welcomed Lay back into the kitchen again and started eating with him but he exaggerated it.
"Omo! Nayoung-ssi... this is... oh my..." he said.
I laughed, "It's not that good, oppa..."
"No, it is, it was better than mine," he said.
"Ah, remember when I said you weren't the first person who I've spoke personally to? Well, this is the first time I've sincerely made food for someone," I said.
"Oh, keurae?" he said smiling, "Lucky~"
I laughed and we continued eating.
 
It was already almost time for the others to come back from school. Suho was off to work again so it would just be Luhan and Chanyeol who'd be back.
 
In the mean time, for me to recover quicker, I decided to do some chores. The apartment was really starting to look like a dumpster anyway. I went into my room first to clear out anything I didn't need and then vacuum the room. Then, I went into Suho's room but it was already tidy. No need for any extra cleaning. Everything was in place, no spare tissues lying around.
Chanyeol and Luhan's room was the opposite though. I cleaned out ramyun pots lying on the dresser tops, tissues lying on the floor, random pieces of paper everywhere (for recycling) and empty bottles. I put everything back where it belonged and since I knew Chanyeol so well, there was no holding back. His headphones hung on a rack on the computer table. His blazer which he wore occasionally for school was hung on his hat stand and the puppy plushie he received from his grandparents when he was eight years old slept on half his bed.
 
I only cleared and tidied Chanyeol's half of the room but when I got to Luhan's, it was much harder since I didn't know where everything was supposed to go. I stared blankly at his mattress for a few seconds and then decided to tidy up the sheets. I flapped and soothed them out.
His pillows were out of place too and so, I lifted it and soothed it out then put it back in it's right position but when I decided to put it down, I saw something shining in that place. I looked closer and picked it up.
CLICK.
What just happened? It was a bracelet with a lilac jewel surrounded by tiny little silver studs dangling in the centre of the bracelet cuff and on either side was a black jewel connected to the middle one through a wave of small white gems. It was beautiful however, what was that click I heard?
I looked at the back and saw a heart shaped lock was broken by a zigzag line into two. D-did I just do that?
"What are you doing?"
______________________________________________________________________________________-
Note from Niko - I think.. recently.. I've properly run out of things to say here.. I think it's because there isn't much EXO activity going on as there used to be.. I wonder when their next comeback will be.. but since SNSD made their's quite recently, Exo probably won't have one that soon... Aigooo~ It's pain to wait.. Oh well.. anyone heard about the drama DO's gonna be in? Can't wait to watch it~~ 
Anyway.. here's.. Xiumin's Era times wakakaka ^^
 
And just something I found when I typed in "Xiumin 2014"
So byebye~~