More Pasts Revealed

Exo-Planet

I reached Chanyeol's house just a bit later than I stated since I don't like to run. I rang the doorbell and after around thirty seconds which sounds short but is really long if you're standing outside a door with nothing to preoccupy you except music. Soon, I saw Chanyeol's face appear behind the door, he looked uneasy and was looking at me with serious eyes, "We heard the news without you."

I took my earphones out and turned my MP3 off then went into the apartment, "I was just 3 minutes late."
"Lay came early."
I slipped on my slippers and walked into the room where Suho (who was off work), Luhan and Lay were there. They all looked at me as I entered the room, all of them had concerned expressions.
"Nayoung, sit down," Suho instructed.
I did as I was told on the armchair near the door and looked at them, "Waegeure?" I sensed the atmosphere and it didn't feel good. I got ready for extra bad news.
"We hid the fact from you about the attacks on the Souls last time and as to not make the same mistake as we did last time, I'm going to be honest with you," Suho said then he turned to Lay.
"The attackers have been seen by witnesses so this gives the Board a bigger source," Lay explained.
"That's good then," I said.
"The problem is... they've been seen by humans. Which means, they're on Earth right now and not just one. Half of their group is here."
"The humans are okay though, they've been slightly injured and the Board has erased their memories so it's fine." Suho added.
"So... what's going to happen next?" I asked.
"You've go to be extra careful... I think, seeing as the previous document stated that they will target you, they've already reached your school and may be hiding in there," Lay said.
"Someone's hiding in the school?" I repeated.
"I highly predict so." Lay said.
"Don't worry though, Luhan, Tao, Kris and I will guard you extra. Protection is key right now. You can't go off anywhere and you can't leave our sides - you know, unless it's the bathroom or something - until further notice is recorded of those people," said Chanyeol.
"Okay..." I said.
 
Funnily enough, right after Chanyeol said that they will protect me, it was Lay that looked after me the next day because I had caught a slight fever.
Chanyeol came in to wake me up and noticed my forehead was burning. I had caught a real fever, I don't know how though. Kris actually said I had a slight one yesterday but I never felt it go so bad until the morning.
"Stay in bed. Suho will stay here with you until Lay comes over to look after you so as you're okay, okay?" he said.
 
I nodded, my eyes still drooping. He had put a wet towel over my head and left me to lie in bed as Luhan and him went off to school.
I slept again after they left and didn't notice it that when I opened my eyes, Lay was sitting up against the wall and had a book in his hands, reading. He noticed almost immediately when I opened my eyes, "Oh, you're awake? How are you feeling?" He came over and helped me up on my pillow.
 
The towel fell off from my head and landed in my hand, "A bit better, thank you."
"That's good. The reason why you're like this - do you know why?" he asked.
I looked at him blankly, with no intention and no energy to shake my head.
"It's because of the bad effect of the SMers from SMA. You must have gotten near one during this period of time so that you've gotten this fever. It happens to a lot of people during their first time encountering one."
"Keurae..?" I thought back to the day when I went out the house on my own to buy ingredients to cook for the guys but had seen that vampire. It must have been him.
A silence fell over us as he smiled at me and continued to read. I saw no reason to bother him but then realised something, "Lay-oppa, this is actually the first time we've personally spoke to each other. Without everyone else being around," and I managed a small smile.
He smiled back too, "Am I the first?"
I laughed but coughed at the same time which he looked guilty for, "Aniyo, aha. I've spoke to Chanyeol, Suho, Kris and Luhan personally before. That's about it. I haven't really been seeing Tao these days as well. In the school."
"Kris must be really busy with him," he said.
"Lay-oppa... I sometimes feel that I'm missing out on a lot of information. I want to know more about SM."
He put his book down and turned to me, "Keurae, what do you want to know?"
I paused for a second, a million questions swimming around the pool of my mind so I started from the base, "Were you born on Exo-Planet?"
He nodded.
 
Then the question came to me that I told myself not to ask anyone from Exo-Planet - what was their past like? I would never bear myself to listen to the end of the answer because it would be too painful to. So I moved on.
 
"How did you and Suho know each other?"
"We actually joined the Board at the same time and by that, I mean, the same group of trainees so we worked together on a lot of things. Then he received his Mission and was granted Lurer powers and as soon as I went to congratulate him, his eyes turned blue and it was all pretty funny actually," he smiled again. I realised they both liked to smile a lot.
"So that means you were the first member. Shingihada~" I asked.
"So how did Kris come in?" I asked.
"Kris... actually joined your school forty years before you joined. He doesn't work for the board though. One time, Suho visited Earth for an errand on Earth and he landed, by portal, in your Chemistry Supplies Room. There, in that school, he realised Kris could see him and from then on, told him to look out for you after confirming he was the Sub-Lurer."
"W-wait, forty years ago? How come the teachers and students don't remember him?"
 
"Kris was born on Earth but has Exo-Planet blood in him. Like you and Chanyeol. A system will automatically be built into their auras and when he reaches his last year and people will forget his actual age if he continues to stay in school. If a former student comes back to the school, they will just take Kris as a familiar person but will not remember his age. His picture will also disappear from photos and any other printed evidence. That is the nature of SM."
"Forty years..." That must be lonely. Not having a single real friend who remembers who you are, "Forty years... then... does that mean... Suho has been searching for me and the other members for forty years?"
 
"Sixty three to be exact."
Suho... has been searching for members of the group for sixty three years. A normal person could not have accomplished that or would have given up before the end of their lives but Suho didn't. Neither did Lay and Kris who supported him all the way through. But then again, did they really have a choice?
_______________________________________________________________________________
Note from Niko - Helleo helleo! How are you guys? Good? Bad? Okay? Okay. Well, I hope it continues/turns better for you kekekeke ^^