Found It

It's Complicated

 

Choi Jonghun’s POV:

                I was very happy today; I received a call from this record company telling me that they are interested in our band. I called Hongki as soon as I got the news but he has work that time so he wasn’t able to see me. Minhwan called at the right time and I was in a festive mood at that moment. We went out for lunch to eat our favorite; chicken, and told him the good news.

                But what came after was far beyond my imagination; I saw Mina and Jaejin together. There was no single word that can capture the entire essence of the pain I was feeling and it got even worse when Mina and I were left alone. I decided to leave the matter as a trivial issue since I don’t want to talk about it.

                “Let’s go.” I said casually. But mina stayed unmoving from her seat.

                “Jonghun, there’s something I have to tell you.” I felt my heart yank at that moment but my brain cannot seem to process why. I don’t have a good feeling about this.

                “Sure, what about?” I was about to seat when she stopped me.

                “Not here, let’s go somewhere else.” So we left the ice cream shop and I took her to the place where I confessed my feelings for her. We were both walking slowly and I just waited for her to start talking since I feel like I won’t like what’s going to happen next. We sat in a bench and still no words were coming from the two of us. It’s not one of the silences we usually have. This silence is deafening, this silence is unbearable. After a few more minutes of silence, she spoke up.

                “Jonghun, let’s stop seeing each other.” I felt my whole being shattered into pieces. I gripped tightly as if I’m holding my heart, trying very hard not to lose it. I can feel now the tears wanting to escape my eyes. But before a tear of mine dropped, I saw her struggling as well.

                “Why?” I said softly. She didn’t say a thing. She must not have heard me since she was trying to not cry as well. “Why? Why are you doing this? There’s no reason for you to hurt yourself.”I said a little louder this time. She didn’t answer again. “I mean, look at you. You’re trembling because of what you’re doing. Look at me Mina.” She didn’t look at me. I cannot hold back the tears anymore. I looked down since I don’t have enough strength to sit up straight. “I love you so much.” But what she replied was not the one I wanted to hear.

                “I’m in love with someone else.” She finally threw the bomb at me. She burst into silent tears when she said this. I felt my tears flowing more and more. I’ve never cried this much in my life before. I’ve never expected that this moment will come. Never have I imagined that love would cause me so much pain and tears. And most of all, I didn’t know that I’m capable of becoming this desperate.

                “I know. I know. But it doesn’t matter, I’ll make you fall for me, didn’t I tell you.” I turned to her with pleading eyes, hoping that she’ll not let go just yet.

                “You knew?” She was surprised by what I said that made her cry even more. I nodded and held her hand tightly.

                “It’ll work out. I promise.” But I know that it’s too late already. She squeezed my hand a little and let go of it. I grabbed her hand back but it was as if I was holding a very thin thread that I know will snap anytime soon.

                “No Jonghun. You don’t deserve someone like me. I’m hunted by my past and there’s already you waking me up from this nightmare but look where I am now? Still lost in this unending dream.” She cried more tears. She must be feeling so guilty right now. Despite the little time we had together, I know how pure her heart is. And hurting someone else is the last thing she wants to do. But what I should I do? I do not know anymore. She stood up not looking at me. I didn’t expect that this day will come so fast. We were just starting and now it’s the end all of a suddenly. This story had no evil witch or step mothers that got in the way to the happy ending, in this story; it was the princess who decided to leave the fairy tale.

                “I was really happy.” She said, this time with a faint smile in her lips and tears in her eyes she let go of my hand. The thread snapped already, there’s no way I could put it back together. “This place will always be precious memories to me. This place will always remind me of you. I’ve never thought that someone can love me as much.” She was referring to my confession as if it happened ages ago. “The more reason I cannot be with you.” She said which I understood completely. I will just hurt myself if we continue. I wanted to act like a kid who will push what he wants despite the consequences but I refused to do so.

                I’ve never felt so powerless. I was looking down the entire time I was crying. It’s the end. The love I’ve searched for is coming to an end. Mina then kissed my head. I guess this really is good bye. I cried even harder when I felt her lips left me. I saw her image walk away behind the curtain of water in my eyes. I can’t believe that a feeling like this exist; the happiness I felt every time I made her smile, the joy I feel when we cuddle, the warmth that is so real. And I never thought feeling so much pain is also possible; I can’t find the perfect words so I guess the sky cried with me then.

                I don’t regret anything. I found what I was looking for, but it’s just not for me.

 

author: SEE. i warned you.. T^T but but.. i have to do this.. im sorry.. T^T *sobs* im sorry jonghun...ahhh.. *sobbing forver* i hope you gusy still read this.. xD