Fate

It's Complicated

 

Lee Jaejin’s POV:

                Do you believe in fate? The one that does things in our lives and makes us all wonder why, what brought us here in this moment? I don’t, not until today. Last Wednesday, I volunteered in this charity event in our school where we would be spending our Saturday mornings with kids who weren’t that fortunate. I have time to spare; meaning more time to think about Mina. So I decided to dedicate my time to the kids who would like to have someone to spend their times with. The next thing I know, I was staring at HER. Of all the people that could be here, it has to be Mina. Is the world really messing with me? I GET IT ALREADY DAMN IT. BUT IT’S TOO LATE NOW. We were still looking at each other when a friend of mine disturbed our stares.

                “You know her? She’s pretty cute.” Jungmo whispered in my ears. It brought me back to the moment and I was still unsure of what to do. She waved her hand and I felt my body stiffened when I saw her coming at my direction.

                “So you’re here too?” I said casually. I tried to pretend at least that I was not petrified by the fact that she's here. I’m really nervous but I cannot give myself away. I can’t now, she has Jonghun already.

                “Yeah, and so are you.” She said without even a hint of being bothered by my presence. I hate this. She used to be all jumpy and nervous when I’m around. But now…. I can’t even get myself to think of the words.

                “Well, I heard this from school so I volunteered since I have time to spare. How about you? I said explaining. I don’t even know why though.

                “I have time to spare too, so yeah.” She said. Our conversation was cut short when kids started to flock around her.

                “Mina unnie!” “Noona!” Kids left and right were all fighting for her attention. I was thinking of maybe fighting for her attention too but that’s just silly.  The kids were still flocking around her when she suddenly lost her balance and I caught her arm before she could fall.

                “Unnie, who is he?” a little girl asked.

                “He’s handsome.” A girl in a ponytail was staring at me. How cute. I grinned at her and she let out a small giggle.

                “Is he your boyfriend?” another kid asked. Wow, thanks! You just poured salt on my wound kido! Looks like I’m going to have “fun” here. Damn.

                “No.” She said gently. I realized I was still holding her arm and I immediately removed her from my hold when I noticed it.

                “This is my friend, Jaejin-oppa.” She introduced me to the kids who were now all staring at me with eager eyes. I waved and smiled to them awkwardly.

                “And I’m Jungmo, Jaejin’s friend.” Jungmo suddenly showed up and introduced his self to Mina. He offered his hand for her to shake. She stared at the hand and bowed slightly to him instead for acknowledgment.

                “Got my hands full, nice meeting you.” She said as she raised her hands holding a different kid with each hand while some were still grabbing her. Jungmo then just smiled and said sorry for disturbing her so he just exited the scene.

                “What does he do?” Some bald kid pointed at me asked as if I’m some sort of a pet that can do tricks.

                “He’s a MUSICIAN!” Mina said to the kids very happily. I don't know why but it made me happy inside.

                “Is that true? Can you teach us to play an instrument then?” Another kid asked. I just nodded to the enthusiastic little kids getting all excited and such; it was very hard to calm them down.

                “Okay, kids, calm down! Calm down!” She was trying to make the kids let go of her at least. Some behaved already but there were still some who won’t stop nagging her. “NO STORY TIME IF YOU WON’T BE GOOD BOYS AND GIRLS.” This time there were lesser kids fooling around. “NO MUSIC LESSONS.” And before I know it, all the kids were silently sitting around her as if by some sort of miracle she was able to calm down the storm of kids.

                But the storm inside me is just starting to get worse as I remembered the last time I saw her before this sudden event; Mina and Jonghun "kissing". I removed my gaze away from her but I found myself staring at her every after few minutes. I tried closing my eyes, but still, it's her image I see.

                 Thoughts of her is enough to drive my sanity away. How long can I take this?

 

 

 

author: sorry for a very short update.. awww it's getting boring isn't it?? :( i'm sorry i'll try to do better on the next chapter..

-____- feel free to comment by the way ^^