Pat on the back, Shoulder to lean on

It's Complicated

 

Hongki’s POV:

                I got out from work early today since i can’t contain the excitement I was feeling when I heard about the good news. I tried calling Jonghun but there was no answer. He must be with Mina then. I send Mina a message telling her I was looking for Jonghun but then again, knowing Mina, I called her instead. I heard her pick up but she didn’t say a thing, not even a hello.

                “Mina! I know you and Jonghun are busy bu—“

                “Go to Jonghun.” She cut my greeting short with a very weak voice. I wonder what’s wrong. But if she said that then she must not be with Jonghun.

                “Are you okay? Where’s Jonghun?” There was a long pause.

                “I’m sorry..” Then I heard her sobs from the other line. I waited for her to calm down and she explained what happened. I was shocked when she said she broke up with Jonghun and the reason why. I asked her if she’s okay and she said she can handle it and told me that Jonghun needs someone right now more than she does. I ran out as soon as I found out where Jonghun was. And there I found him all soaking wet sitting on the bench, a sight I never thought I would see him in. I slowly walked up to him and sat beside him. The rain is still pouring and I know there are no words that can console him right now. I patted his back and just sat there with him underneath the dark sky, making myself also drenched with the rain and his sadness. All you can hear is the rain touching the ground together with the blowing of the wind.

                “I feel cold.” Jonghun finally spoke up. I tried my very best to not laugh with his remark but I failed to do so. I burst into laughter and he looked at me with total pain in his eyes. I stopped when I saw his reaction and patted him again.

                “Who won’t get cold from doing this?” I leaned backward letting the bench support me and I heard him let out a small laugh as if mocking my existence.

                “You know, you won’t get numb from this kind of cold.” I stared at the dark sky feeling the rain drops on my face. “This will only get you sick and it will get worse and worse and it will not help you at all.” I don’t know if what I’m saying is making sense to him. I looked at him and thought of words to say again. “You have to get through pain in order to end it.” I finally said.

                “But it hurts.” He said like a kid who tripped and had a wound because of it.

                “That’s why I’m here right. Why do you think I’ll get myself soaking wet huh?” He just gave me a soft smile which I know it means he’s thankful. I stood up and gave my hand out to him.

                “Let’s go warm ourselves with a couple of drinks, what do you think?” He took my hand and stood up without saying a thing.

 “I’ll take that as a yes then.”

                                                  

Song Seunghyun’s POV:

                I was walking along the road when I heard a commotion from across the street. Being a busy-body, I went to see what’s going on. I heard from the others that a girl got almost hit by a car, apparently the light changed already but the girl still crossed the street. I couldn’t see the face of the girl because her back was on us while she was bowing her head a couple of times apologizing to the driver. I got closer to see more of the matter. I rushed to the girl’s side when I realized who it was. I bowed together with her and dragged her away from the scene as soon as we said our apology for the commotion we’ve caused.

                “Mina-noona, what were you thinking?! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!” I turned to her to see her sorry face but she just gave me a painful reaction leaving me guilty with all the scolding I did. “Is there something wrong?” It seems like she has been crying for quite some time already. And it looks like she’s at the verge of crying when I asked her what’s wrong. I panicked at the sight and thought of calling Jonghun-hyung. But she instantly stopped me from doing so.

                “Don’t” She grabbed the cloth around my arm weakly and I stopped like she wished.

                “Why?” I can’t help but ask. She started crying and the sight was too much for me to handle. We’re starting to get attention from the people around since some people were looking at me intently. People must have thought we’re a couple and I’m making her cry. I panicked at the thought and I grabbed her without thinking and let her cry on my shoulders. Damn, this is making me nervous. Truth is I find her really cute but Jonghun-hyung took the step already. I dismissed the thought and felt her tears wetting my shirt.

                “You can borrow my shoulder for a while. It feels better when you have a shoulder to lean on. Hehe~ get it?” I let out a small giggle and I felt her let out a giggle too. She resumed to crying and I don’t know how long we stayed like that but as time went by I was starting to get conscious of her presence. I can feel my heart beat starting to beat faster and before she notices it I broke off the closeness between us. I gently “removed” her on me and smiled at her trying to hide the nervousness I was feeling.

                “Why don’t we get something to eat? My treat!” She just nodded at the idea and walked aimlessly like a zombie. She suddenly slipped must be because of the wet pavement that was caused by the sudden rain earlier. I helped her get back up and she smiled at me and continued on walking as if nothing happened. I walked beside her in a considerable distance in case she slips again. When we got to the restaurant she was just staring blankly at thin air so I had to order her food for her. Her phone suddenly rang and she didn’t seem to notice it. I tried to get her attention and she noticed her phone ringing.

                “Hello.” She answered in a weak voice. Her face was completely “blank”. I don’t know how to describe it. “Seunghyun, where are we?” I can’t help but laughed at her question but answered still. After saying where we were she dropped the call. We ate in silence and a few minutes later a small bubbly girl approached our table.

                “YA! Are you all right?” She said to Mina. Mina just sighed and ignored the question completely.

                “Shin ye this is Seunghyun, Seunghyun this is Shin ye my cousin.” I bowed to her to acknowledge her. She bowed back.

                “Mina we have to go.” She said. Mina gave up and stood up.

                “I have to go. Seunghyun, thank you.” She smiled faintly at me. I can feel her sadness overflowing from her as she walked away. I wanted to say something before she leaves completely so I just said anything in my mind.

                “If you need a shoulder, you can have mine.” That didn’t turn out right. Her cousin giggled at what I said and it made me blush.

                “Thank you.” She just smiled at me and walked away, her cousin waved at me and I waved back and I can still feel the blush on my face. What a mess. But I wonder what happened. Why is she so sad? It was a sight I can barely take seeing. I have a feeling though, I hope evrything will turn out fine..

 

author: THE END. XD lol kidding.. this one is really long. i wanted to show the misery of the 3 main characters so yeah.. xD updates will be slower again.. xD im sorry T^T and thank you THANK YOU FOR THE LOVE.. lol xD i mean for reading this.. and to thy subscribers, i've never thanked you all until now.. seriously, thank you.. T^T oh and feel free to comment :D i don't bite :D

PS: Shinye here is not Park Shinye.. she's an original character..more like, it's gonna be another story after this.. a sequel... xD :)) yes.. xD hehehe..