I Confess

It's Complicated

Lee Jaejin's POV:

                As we get closer to our destination, I felt like I’m getting farther and farther away from her. I steal some glances at her from time to time, and it’s eating me up horribly. She was sitting quietly with thoughts obviously running in her head. I felt a chill ran down my spine and it brought me back to the past; when we were alone in that street and I broke her heart. A loud honking brought me back to the present.

                We were finally at the destination. I stayed for a while, not moving. I was just staring at the wheel; not knowing exactly what to do. We stayed quiet like that for a few minutes. I sighed and finally gave out a smile at her.

                “Mina.” I called her name so softly as if it was my last. I can feel my insides tearing up, screaming to let the get off of me. She looked at me with a wondering expression. Her eyes were filled with sadness, despite how much strength she puts in it. Unknowingly, I leaned my face closer to her as if some devil is telling me to kiss her. As I was getting closer and closer, some devil from another land came; my phone rang. It brought me back to my senses and I checked who it was. Yeah, that’s right. It’s too late for me now. I dropped myself in my seat before I spoke to her again. I laughed trying to make a joke out of what I did.

                “YOU SHOULD’VE SEEN YOUR FACE!” I laughed terribly, trying to drown my cries with all the laughter. She smacked me hard in the arm, absolutely pissed like a kid. She sure is precious all right.

                “Stupid.” She blurted.

                “I was just kidding. You were sulking for quite a while.” I was still laughing. I don’t know if she is buying my laugh, but I can feel it getting more unrealistic as time passes. I laughed a few more in order to gain strength to do what I am supposed to do before speaking to her again. “Let’s go, we’re late already.”

                We were almost there; just a few more steps and I would be losing her again like years ago. A strong wind blew as if making me recall of that cold night. I stopped and she did also.

                 “Can we walk a little slower? I’m kind of tired.” I said. Lame excuse is lame excuse after all. We were walking quietly under the moonlit place and the wind just kept on getting colder and colder as we came nearer “there.” How I wish time would stop at this moment. I looked at her again and she looked back, a complicated smile on my face.

                “We’re here.” She gave me a confused look by what I meant, without needing for my answer, Jonghun showed up with his guitar, and started singing one of our songs. She was standing there completely dumbfounded; her eyes fixed on Jonghun alone as if he was the only person right there right now. Well there was Hongki, Seunghyun and Minhwan too. We all had roles to play in this. She is smiling now. She’s right next to me but I can feel her drifting away further and further.

                “I’ll remember them even at the moment I die have I told you before? I love you there is no other way to say it I love you I love you other than those common words I say it again “I love you” my heartfelt confession today please never forget it I love you..”

                The song came to an end while I just started to figure out my feelings. “I LOVED YOU ALL ALONG..” 

 

author:okay, so this chapter is making e akjsdkda. T^T i am so lame.. can you guys tell me what you think abou it?? updates will be slow from now on since my 1 week absence from school is finally over.. so yeah please do tell me your thoughts.. T^T thank you! :) <333