If Only

It's Complicated

 

Lee Jaejin’s POV:

                The week passed by slowly; as if eating me up alive as the days went by. How did I manage to survive another week? That I don’t know. But all I know is that, every waking moment, every sleepless night, is caused by her. The thought of someone else touching her makes me want to disintegrate. But actually seeing it happening in person makes me want to disappear completely. It was never easy for me, even when she had her guy before. Even though I had Yei and she had someone else, there’s always this piece of me that she has taken unknowingly.

                I prepared myself for another long day of ruckus with the kids again. It’s Saturday again, meaning; kids and Mina. I’m risking my friendship with Jonghun every time I’m near her, because I don’t know until when I can control myself. I’m trying my best to keep my thoughts straight, trying very hard to not let my longing overcome me.

                When I arrived at the orphanage, I saw Mina already telling stories to some kids. I found myself completely enchanted by her as if I’m one of the kids listening to her story. My thoughts were disturbed when some kids noticed my presence and nagged me to play them a song and teach them and such. I obliged very willingly. At least this way, I’ll get myself away from her.

                “I made this song recently; tell me what you think of it okay?” Then I started playing, singing my unspoken feelings to this one person who turned my life upside down, singing every ounce of emotion I cannot tell to this girl I loved all along, singing all regrets now that I realized how much she means to me. I stopped with tears forming in my eyes. I sniffed a little, but the children must have felt my sadness since some of them hugged me after the song.

                “Oppa, why are you so sad?”

                “Oppa, don’t be sad please?”

                I felt my chest becoming heavier. The worries of these little kids were making it hard for me to cover my emotions. I dashed out of the room; I looked for a safe place to calm myself. I took a deep breath and tried my best to hold back the tears. Then I felt a presence behind me. I looked back and I saw her. Worried and concern was written all over her face.

                “Is there something wrong?” She asked. I felt my heart sank. How could I tell you what’s wrong? There’s no way I could. There’s no way you still love me after everything. There’s no way a trace of me inside your heart is left. I took a deep breath and sighed. I shook my head weakly.

                “It’s nothing. I’m all right. Thanks.” I wasn’t looking at her, afraid that the tears might betray me anytime. There was a long silence.

                “Maybe you should go home early today. I’ll explain it to them, so don’t worry you can go home.” Then she walked away. But my stupid instinct betrayed me and held her back. She didn’t say a thing when she felt my hand stopping her from leaving. It took a while before either of us moved from the awkward moment we were in.

                “Ice..Ice CREAM!” She removed herself from my grasp and spurted out Ice Cream. What the hell is she thinking about?

                “HUH?” I felt my jaw dropped by her sudden blurting of ice cream.

                “Let’s go get some ice cream. Wait here.” She hurriedly walked away leaving me confused with all these ice cream . I felt a little better despite the nonsense she said and waited for her. A few moments later she came back.

                “Let’s go.” She smiled at me but looked away instantly. I felt myself blushed like a lovesick high schooler. That was when I realized what she was trying to do; she was trying to cheer me up like what I did for her not so long time ago. If only she was feeling the same feelings I had at that time as well, IF ONLY.

 

author: i thought i posted this already.. OTL OTL i noticed most of you guys prefer jonghun... aish.. xD i just hope you guys will continue reading this.. thank you guys for the comments and the love.. <33 xD ^^